30.10.2010 - Herning, Denmark

hahninator

The "A Thousand Suns" World Tour continues today in Herning, Denmark as Linkin Park plays at Jyske Bank BOXEN (ex MCH Arena). This is the eighth show of the European leg of the tour out of sixteen, so after this one, this leg of the tour will be done. The last performance in Denmark by the band was in 2008 in Skive, when they kicked off their summer European Tour with a brand new setlist. The second intro to 'One Step Closer' and the intro to 'Lying From You' were publicly debuted at that show. Read more about that on the show page here. They also played in Copenhagen in 2007 to start THAT European Tour too - the very first headlining arena show for "Minutes To Midnight" (show page here.) That show had the very first performances of 'Leave Out All The Rest' and 'The Little Things Give You Away', which is also when Phoenix made his live debut for LP on the microphone!

There was a canceled show there in 2003 on the summer European Tour where Chester was sick at the Forum in Copenhagen also. That tour had some interesting festivals planned for it too... Rock am Ring, Rock im Park, Hultsfred, Norwegian Wood Festival, and more. The full canceled 2003 tour schedule can be found here. The band's 2001 US-to-Europe Tour had a show in Copenhagen on it (no show page) and that's pretty cool because it was one of only five European shows on that tour (four planned)...the others being Rock am Ring, Rock im Park (x2), and London's Brixton Academy, where 'Morning After' debuted on acoustic guitar courtesy of Chester! So with all of that, this is I believe their FOURTH show in Denmark and first in Herning. MCH Arena initially caused some confusion at first because many thought it was outdoors, but the show indeed is INSIDE.

I also forgot when I made the last preshow post that LP played their second ever European show in Hamburg (show page here)....how could I have forgotten that? Sorry! We even have a great proshot DVD of that show! *cough*...ROTW sometime soon?*cough*

In Hamburg last night (show page here), the setlist was the same as before with 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest' in there. However, on the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Mike rapped verse one of 'A Place For My Head' and then Chester went into the bridge of it! This is the first time this has ever happened, and if I say so myself, verse one sounded MUCH better than the first attempt at it several shows ago in Dortmund (show page here). Nice job, guys!

Hell, we might as well put up a video of it because of how awesome it was, so check that out!

And now for the questions: Will they sing anything else over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'? Are 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger' gone for the rest of the tour? Will they continue back with those two songs tonight in Denmark now that they're outside of Germany? Will they randomly play any other unrehearsed songs this tour? Hmm...

After a day off tomorrow, the tour continues in Switzerland on November 1, Frankfurt on November 2, followed by five UK dates along with the MTV EMA's. The tour dates can be found here.

Who from LPLive is attending the Herning show? Did anyone from LPL get an LPU M&G?

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

-------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (with APFMH verse 1+ Bridge)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched that video when a guy posted it in other topic post. sounded amazing, especially the bridge! I found it really cool! Oh and nice post! I hope this time they will add two different songs. They added LFY and LOATR but i wish they add two other different songs or rotate LFY and LOATR for two other different songs. I hope that will happen

Hell yeah me too. From The Inside, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong and Points Of Authority please! POA with some new verses lol. Overall I am very pleased with the setlist this tour and the changes they've done. Very fun to follow them show by show as usual. I thought this tour would get boring but it hasn't.

When I looked and saw Denmark was next, I said FUCK this is going to be the smallest preshow post around...no info for it. But I did some research and there was a ton haha. Funny how that works sometimes.

APFMH bridge over BIO is amazing. I wish they'd add APFMH back in.

Hell yeah me too. From The Inside, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong and Points Of Authority please! POA with some new verses lol. Overall I am very pleased with the setlist this tour and the changes they've done. Very fun to follow them show by show as usual. I thought this tour would get boring but it hasn't.

When I looked and saw Denmark was next, I said FUCK this is going to be the smallest preshow post around...no info for it. But I did some research and there was a ton haha. Funny how that works sometimes.

APFMH bridge over BIO is amazing. I wish they'd add APFMH back in.

i agree i want FTI, Don't Stay, SIB, and POA. I also want APFMHin full again, but i still think its cool they are doing something new with it. I also really want them to do Figure.09 again!

I'm going today. Regular reader, not much of a talker.

I think the setlist looks good, But I hope for The Messenger and APFMH would be awesome

Sadly I won't be able to update with the setlist and I won't be home till a couple of hours after the show :(

I'm super exited for the show.

And nice preshow post Mark

I'm going today. Regular reader, not much of a talker.

I think the setlist looks good, But I hope for The Messenger and APFMH would be awesome

Sadly I won't be able to update with the setlist and I won't be home till a couple of hours after the show :(

I'm super exited for the show.

And nice preshow post Mark

have fun! I hope you get APFMH too, they need to keep playing it in full

I have some info about MCH Arena.

MCH Arena had just chanced name to "Jyske Bank Boxen" It is a sponsor name.

there can 12.000 to 15.000 people inside.

Lady Gaga played the first koncert at Jyske Bank Boxen ever at d. 20 oktober and Prince d. 22 oktober. Elton John, Eric Clapton and many others are also going to play there.

The arena is the biggest in of the kind in Denmark.

...and if I say so myself, verse one sounded MUCH better than the first attempt at it several shows ago in Dortmund.

Thats because the other 2 times Mike screwed it up and got ahead of himself. he was off beat. And also brad continued the riff and didnt just stay on the one note.

I don't care what LP does with the set list as long as they don't rotate out a new song for an older song. And older songs = everything before ATS. Although, it would be nice if the only Meteora songs they played were Breaking the Habit, Faint, and bring in Easier to Run(fantasy i know) because that album lacks any sort of variation and is their worst album imo. Anything mostly from HT, MTM and ATS is fine with me.

And ATS songs should be the core of the set list.

The "A Thousand Suns" World Tour continues today in Herning, Denmark as Linkin Park plays at Jyske Bank BOXEN (ex MCH Arena).

I have some info about MCH Arena.

MCH Arena had just chanced name to "Jyske Bank Boxen" It is a sponsor name.

there can 12.000 to 15.000 people inside.

Lady Gaga played the first koncert at Jyske Bank Boxen ever at d. 20 oktober and Prince d. 22 oktober. Elton John, Eric Clapton and many others are also going to play there.

The arena is the biggest in of the kind in Denmark.

Is not it a little differently? According to Wikipedia, is "Jyske Bank Boxe" part of "MCH Messecenter Herning". And MCH according to Wikipedia is not an arena, but the exhibition centre and entertainment complex, containing these spaces: MCH Herning Kongrescenter, MCH Arena Herning, Hall M, MCH Outdoor Arena and Jyske Bank Boxen. So, no name change...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyske_Bank_Boxen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messecenter_Herning

http://www.mch.dk/

Edited by navabaca

This time, w/ the bridge, APFMH over BIO was AWESOME! It had the enegry the first try in dortmond kind of lacked.

With that said, i think it can be improved just a little and this mashup will reach perfection - first, mike should wait a couple more seconds before he starts, and second, to start the verse just a little bit slower, so the crowd will have the chance to get into it right from the start of the verse.

Also, IMO LOATR>>TM (I actually really don't like TM). I think they should enter BITS instead of SOTD, to me it feels like they are on the same niche and it will be the solution of all the ppl who want more new stuff.

Have a great show denmark :-)