Worst year of LP? (according to their shows)

tschenneck

Worst year?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. In which year they had their worst shows?

• 2010 (is going to be)
    • 2005 (had to back it up)

Before this I got something to say:

I'm apologizing for every diss I posted here. I was just on a "rage" because of this discussion and had to post something angry. I will also accept when someone says something about 2008 from now, too.

Also, a special "sorry!" goes to sckofelng. Sorry, dude :(

Sorry to all of you, but now back to topic.

sometimes it's better to think about what you post before you do so! next time I give you a warning. So come down ;)

2009, some of those performances of New Divide were dreadful. And Chester's voice was at its worst. I think it was just a lack of motivation, maybe they wanted to get back in the studio and work on the album, idk.

fully agreed. I think in 2009 they look bored, not in 2008...

My 2 cents.

Depends on what your definition of a good show is.

Obviously a lot of stock goes into the lead singer, as he is the main voice you hear. If going by that, I have to say 2008 was worst. Songs like Leave Out All The Rest were cringe-worthy at times. His screams sounded very thin also.

2009 his singing started to improve a bit, especially during the DBS tour (except for that first performance of Into You, good lord. XD ) Yeah the first performance of New Divide was bad but it got better as time went on.

2010, Chester's singing sounds pretty on point. I'm pleasantly surprised. It seems like he's accepted that his voice isn't what it used to be and isn't trying to push it so hard anymore (bridge of Given Up, lowered key of The Messenger, etc.)

the three worst IMO were 2000, 2008, and 2009. But i choose 2009 because the performances just werent very good. Besides the transformers release party New Divide was played poorly. His voice wasn't that great that year and the was no engery in the shows. But 2010 is some of the best i have ever heard him besides 2004 and maybe 2003. And if I bring the rest of the band into it, brad and phoenix didn't look like they were having fun during 2008 or 2009. Rob always looks like he is having fun. Mr Hahn looked bored in 2008 but that's cause of all the mtm songs. The problem with 2000 was Mike. Back then he could not sing live very well IMO, so the songs while chester sounded good, mike did not sound good and the songs from ht and htep didn't sound as good. But mike started to get better and was great 2002 and on, at least the rapping anyways. But overall last year 2009 was the worst

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

I've said this a thousand times but 2008 was awesome.

I saw them in the European Tour, in June. They closed the show with an encore consisting of Cure for the Itch, A Place for My Head, Faint and One Step Closer. They played Pushing Me Away studio version. And Joe had a moment of glory while playing CFTI. But it's true that there was a moment where I couldn't see him, and I remember Mike or Chester saying, (joking), that he was sleeping lol. I don't remember when was that and it was only for a very short time (it's not important but I remembered it and made me smile that I still remember some things)... Anyway, about Brad and Phoenix being bored, I got the impression they were having fun. Maybe it's because it was their first appearence in Spain since 2003 but I tell you they had fun, I had fun, and it was epic and awesome

Edited by annare

I've said this a thousand times but 2008 was awesome.

I saw them in the European Tour, in June. They closed the show with an encore consisting of Cure for the Itch, A Place for My Head, Faint and One Step Closer. They played Pushing Me Away studio version. And Joe had a moment of glory while playing CFTI. But it's true that there was a moment where I couldn't see him, and I remember Mike or Chester saying, (joking), that he was sleeping lol. I don't remember when was that and it was only for a very short time (it's not important but I remembered it and made me smile that I still remember some things)... Anyway, about Brad and Phoenix being bored, I got the impression they were having fun. Maybe it's because it was their first appearence in Spain since 2003 but I tell you they had fun, I had fun, and it was epic and awesome

As I said before, I had these impressions of 2008, too. I got the DVD of my show on my HDD and it's always fun to watch it. Yesterday I saw that Phoenix almost fell down during OSC because he was moving like hell! lol

Edited by tschenneck

• 2 weeks later...

Live 8 sucked, so I picked 05. I agree that PR08 was LP's worst PR (not necessarily THE worst PR, just the band's), but winter up until June 08 was spectacular IMO.

I agree with that. I saw LP in the winter of 2008 and they were really fucking good. They were energetic and the performances were strong. But I then saw them at Edgefest and two PR's that summer and they were definitely sucking compared to earlier on that year. Wow.

Eh, I need to listen what I have from 2002 year because I don't really remember how performances were good enough or not.

2000 - debut year with small stages, a lot of scream, I wouldn't touch it

2001 - EPIC

2002 - dunno

2003-2004 - AWESOME!

2005 - 2 shows, but Live 8 performance was very good so decide by one show its very hard

2006-2009 - AWESOME!

2010 - Still fresh but already ripped it up!

I think it would be 2005, poor 2005 with only 2 performances.

To tschenneck: maybe put 2005 in the competition was wrong idea because really you don't really know how they could perform only listening 1 show, I think we don't have other performance even audio recording, yes?

Edited by Maxthunderer

I'm gonna go with 2008. The two times I've ever seen them (soon to be three times) were both in 2008 and don't get me wrong, I had a truly excellent time. But Chester's voice really wasn't up to scratch, and they didn't have that stage presence they used to - of course I'm only judging by recorded footage. Bring on Thursday :D.