What is the song that got you into Linkin Park

LPPRJKT4

well when LP got famous in 2000, i didnt like them. in fact, i didnt like any Rock music at the time. just liked Rap. i alwayz said Heavy Rock alwayz hurt my head and i coudnt listen to it (which waz alwayz an lie lol) and then In The End came out and i waz like WOW. its Rap and Rock, pretty fuckin awesome. then i rememberd my brother havin the CD and i heard it few times and straight up loved it.

IN THE END is the song that got me into LP, and i've never looked back..and became an hardcore fan ever since. and LP is the reason why i started to get into other bands and all types of Rock music.

well when LP got famous in 2000, i didnt like them. in fact, i didnt like any Rock music at the time. just liked Rap. i alwayz said Heavy Rock alwayz hurt my head and i coudnt listen to it (which waz alwayz an lie lol) and then In The End came out and i waz like WOW. its Rap and Rock, pretty fuckin awesome. then i rememberd my brother havin the CD and i heard it few times and straight up loved it.

IN THE END is the song that got me into LP, and i've never looked back..and became an hardcore fan ever since. and LP is the reason why i started to get into other bands and all types of Rock music.

Yeah. I didn't like much heavy rock at the time. I thought OSC was blahhh.

Then I heard ITE and I was like DAMN THIS IS AWESOME. So yeah ITE.

My friend bought Hybrid Theory in 2000 or early 2001 and showed it to me. I remember liking it and buying my own copy, and playing it often. But then I kind of forgot about it a little bit. I used to listen to a lot of music, and I also was only 10 years old. But I was allowed to listen to basically whatever I wanted and I remember listening to basically strictly nu-metal, so I listened to a lot of Limp Bizkit, Disturbed, System Of A Down and all the others. However, I remember getting some X-Games video game and hearing APFMH as the intro to the game, with footage from X-Games shit. I then forgot that I had that CD (Hybrid Theory) and fell in love with it again.

I wasn't really a ''fan'' at that time, I just liked Hybrid Theory, the CD, a lot. But I knew nothing really about the band or anything. I didn't get hardcore into the band until 2003 when Meteora was coming out, I loved SIB and got the album when it came out and after that I became obsessed with the band. Even joined LPU 3 later that year.

So, I guess you could say it was either APFMH or SIB that got me into the band. APFMH got me into the band but SIB got me obsessed with the band.

Edited by Geki

Lying From You. Fell in love immediately. When I found out LP sang that song, I was like WTF? because I associated them with like this garbage/wacky band like Limp Bizkit. I really didn't get into LP that much though until middle of 06 when I rebought LIT and fell in love with Papercut/Points on that album.

Lying From You still remains my favorite song though.

In The End. Back in 2000, one of my brothers got this CD home with the "newest" music on it. Song from KoRn, P.O.D. and Linkin Park. My brothers loved In The End, but I was more into Blind from KoRn. That was my first Metal, before that, all I listined to (and still do) was old school rock. My brother then said that I couldn't be a fan of KoRn, because he was. So I picked the next best. Linkin Park. And I fell in love, and suddenly it was way better than KoRn. I remember seing the In The End video the first time, after having listined to the band for months without seing what the guys looked like, I was overwelmed by their coolness.

• 3 weeks later...

I first heard their song "In the end" on youtube, but it was on an anime AMV I think. I really liked the song, but didn't think much of the band. Later, when we were all doing a project on a song we like, someone did "Numb", and i started listening to that, and, slowly but surely, i eventually listened to all of LPs music and became a hardcore fan. I remember back when I was first looking up some of their music, I listened to "Lying from you" and thought it was an emo-ish song because of the violins or something.