• Iridscent
    • The Catalyst
    • The Messenger

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I'll get linched, my vote goes to Iridescent

Its an ok song overal, Mikes verses & piano sound beatiful in places, but its the chorus & the gang vocals that I'm not a fan of. It just reminds me of alot of other songs i've heard that I find cringe worthy and anoying. I won't say what as it'll probably put alot of people off the song xD

Best thing about it is rob's drumming though.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back I can't believe Robot Boy has the most votes.

Fucking ridiculous.

Mess and Burning In the Skies are the worst IMO.

Iridescent has grown on me, but i still stand on my original analysis.

Wonder now that the album has had time to sink in if RB has made any fans ?

Looking back I can't believe Robot Boy has the most votes.

Fucking ridiculous.

Mess and Burning In the Skies are the worst IMO.

Iridescent has grown on me, but i still stand on my original analysis.

Wonder now that the album has had time to sink in if RB has made any fans ?

People here seem to dislike the softer tracks so I don't think Robot Boy is ever going to have that many fans. I personally think it's awesome, but I fear it will suffer the same fate as In Between and have the majority of fans hate it for reasons I don't fully understand.

People here seem to dislike the softer tracks so I don't think Robot Boy is ever going to have that many fans. I personally think it's awesome, but I fear it will suffer the same fate as In Between and have the majority of fans hate it for reasons I don't fully understand.

for me, i love soft songs but hate robot boy. I love In between, i love iridescent (which is soft for the most part), i love leave out all the rest (which is soft). I like all of Lp's soft songs except Robot Boy and TLTGYA. I don't hate their softt songs i just hate Robot Boy.

although I'll get linched, my vote goes to Iridescent

Its an ok song overal, Mikes verses & piano sound beatiful in places, but its the chorus & the gang vocals that I'm not a fan of. It just reminds me of alot of other songs i've heard that I find cringe worthy and anoying. I won't say what as it'll probably put alot of people off the song xD

Best thing about it is rob's drumming though.

I retract my statement now. Just over a week later Its really grown on me. I really like Iridescent now. It's second verse is perfection. BITS is probably my least fave track now.

are you kidding? Empty Spaces is the best interlude on the album. I love Empty Spaces (though its not as good as foreword

Why would he be kidding ? Its 18 seconds of nothing. Its not even 18 it only kicks in after about 8 seconds. It's insulting to call it an interlude really.

• 1 month later...

Hmm...i'll go with "When they come for me"

Oh and i really LOVE The Messenger.

The live version is much better though.

I also like Chester's rap in Blackout. I think it's awesome.

Edited by dwarf

Robot Boy and The Messenger? Oh wait, this thread title is "vote for the song that doesn't have 2,000 layers and changes its mood every 2 minutes".

Robot Boy and The Messenger are amazing songs. They both have great meaningful lyrics, and are very mellow and easy to listen to. I voted for Burning In The Skies. Mike sounds like a robot in this song (not to make fun of the use of vocal effects throughout the album), and Chester puts on his stalest vocal performance on the record.

The problem with Robot Boy is that it sounds too much like Take That. There's just too many vocal melody tracks and it's very repetitive. Shame, 'cos I like both the piano riff and synth solo.

Not to be rude, because I love A Thousand Suns, but do you think the other eight full tracks are original or unlike anything else? "Burning In The Skies" can be compared to an 80's mellow dance pop/new wave song, "When They Come For Me" sounds like something off of the Discovery Channel, "Waiting For The End" sounds like 311, The Beatles, and an underground reggae artist blended, "Blackout" sounds like an 80's dance track with a dissonant backdrop, turns into Reanimation, and turns into an indie-electro track. "Wretches and Kings" sounds like a mash-up between NIN and Public Enemy, "Iridescent" sounds like Marchin...I could go on.

The argument of certain tracks on this album being unoriginal should be invalid. They all sound inspired by other artists or genres. That's why nothing is consistent on this album. Which isn't a bad thing, but still.

Not to be rude, because I love A Thousand Suns, but do you think the other eight full tracks are original or unlike anything else? "Burning In The Skies" can be compared to an 80's mellow dance pop/new wave song, "When They Come For Me" sounds like something off of the Discovery Channel, "Waiting For The End" sounds like 311, The Beatles, and an underground reggae artist blended, "Blackout" sounds like an 80's dance track with a dissonant backdrop, turns into Reanimation, and turns into an indie-electro track. "Wretches and Kings" sounds like a mash-up between NIN and Public Enemy, "Iridescent" sounds like Marchin...I could go on.

The argument of certain tracks on this album being unoriginal should be invalid. They all sound inspired by other artists or genres. That's why nothing is consistent on this album. Which isn't a bad thing, but still.

I'm not complaining about the fact that Robot Boy isn't original- I'm complaining about the fact that of all the bands it could sound like, it's Take That :lol:

I still like the song (I like ALL of A Thousand Suns), but the thread asked what our least favourite ATS song was and mine is Robot Boy.

I'm not complaining about the fact that Robot Boy isn't original- I'm complaining about the fact that of all the bands it could sound like, it's Take That :lol:

I still like the song (I like ALL of A Thousand Suns), but the thread asked what our least favourite ATS song was and mine is Robot Boy.

I like that most people are picking real songs like us, and others.

Why do people pick interludes? We all know Empty Spaces or The Radiance would lose.

Burning In The Skies. Such a beautiful song, but boring execution.