The Catalyst - Live

Lakybird12

Well The Catalyst Is Realy Very Energetic song to play live.

there is songs that i love to hear on live better then the studio version.

How do you think lp will play this song on live?

i think that i will love this song better on live.

Finaly joe will show his skiils :)

will mike be able to sing that way live? i think hell yea.

Edited by lprul

I'll be brutally honest...I think this song is going to fail spectacularly live. Unless Mike's gotten some vocal coaching or really worked hard on his singing lately, the parts he sings alone are going to sound very weak, I doubt they'll give the rest of the band microphones to do the gang vocals (not that it would sound good if they did anyway), and the ending will be just like The Little Things Give You Away - no feasible way for them to reproduce the vocal layering live.

Chester will probably sound great. For whatever reason he seems better at pulling off the harder stuff live than the easier stuff. (Ex: The chorus of New Divide vs the verses in Leave Out All The Rest).

As far as Mike goes, I dunno. Chester could actually sing the "god bless us everyone" part for Mike. I think Mike could pull off the "lift me up" part.

I don't think they'll even attempt to make the song sound as layered as it does on the studio version. I don't think there would be anyway to do it and have it sound good.

well it is rather strange that mike said he wont be doing NRL live and then go sing on ATL, and i may be mistaking but he said that this wont be only song that he sings on. At the same time though he knows that they will have to play this live so he has to sing and i cant see them doing this without him thinking that he can pull it off.

I just find it weird that so many rappers started to sing these says. Guess we will see soon enough.

and i will be honest, i dont care how awesome the live performance will be, and according to LP it's going to be mind blowing, if Chester and Mike can't pull off their parts it will overshadow the whole experience.

Edited by GraDoN

Am I the only one who thinks this might be a song they might actually not play live?

You probably are the only one. It's a given that this song will be played live. It would be extremely stupid to promote the albums first single like they are, and not even play it live.

I can promise you, The Catalyst will be played live.

I'll be brutally honest...I think this song is going to fail spectacularly live. Unless Mike's gotten some vocal coaching or really worked hard on his singing lately, the parts he sings alone are going to sound very weak, I doubt they'll give the rest of the band microphones to do the gang vocals (not that it would sound good if they did anyway), and the ending will be just like The Little Things Give You Away - no feasible way for them to reproduce the vocal layering live.

I saw In Between live and actually I think he did a really good job on it!!! If they practice enough I think this song has a good deal of potential live! Yeah it's got a more Black Eyed Peas concert feel to it but LP isn't a total studio product like them!

You probably are the only one. It's a given that this song will be played live. It would be extremely stupid to promote the albums first single like they are, and not even play it live.

OMG IT'S ANOTHER HIDDEN MESSAGE MIKE FORGOT TO TELL US ABOUT!!

I saw In Between live and actually I think he did a really good job on it!!! If they practice enough I think this song has a good deal of potential live! Yeah it's got a more Black Eyed Peas concert feel to it but LP isn't a total studio product like them!

LOLQUE? Gtfo dont ever compare LP and the BEP ever again.

Fair enough point. Its just that on rare occasions singles aren't played live ever for some bands, but I can't think of any first singles that have never been played live before. Can't wait to see how they do this.

Whether or not Mike will be able to sing it or not is another matter entirely, but I'm more intregied to as HOW they'd perform it live as there is so much going on in this song...

I'm guessing Mike will be on keyboards playing the Snyth Organ heard in the intro 1st verse etc all while doing his best singing his part. & then swithcing to piano right at the end for the 'lift me up' part.

Joe will have a TON to do this time around. Not only wil he have to stractch here & there, but play all the samples & the electronic 'numb' sounding part on his MIDI triggers heard in the second verse. But in the bridge... how he'll play the triggers, scratch & perform the crazy synth solo ALL AT THE SAME TIME!?

The rest of the guys probably will have it pretty easy, unless they've got other things up their sleeve aswell... What you guys think>?

Edited by Bennington_Hahn

I think it will fail live. I've listened to it a million times now, and though I like it better than I first did, it's still too "busy" for my liking. I don't see how it won't sound like a cluttered mess in it's live version.

Whether or not Mike will be able to sing it or not is another matter entirely, but I'm more intregied to as HOW they'd perform it live as there is so much going on in this song...

I'm guessing Mike will be on keyboards playing the Snyth Organ heard in the intro 1st verse etc all while doing his best singing his part. & then swithcing to piano right at the end for the 'lift me up' part.

Joe will have a TON to do this time around. Not only wil he have to stractch here & there, but play all the samples & the electronic 'numb' sounding part on his MIDI triggers heard in the second verse. But in the bridge... how he'll play the triggers, scratch & perform the crazy synth solo ALL AT THE SAME TIME!?

The rest of the guys probably will have it pretty easy, unless they've got other things up their sleeve aswell... What you guys think>?

I'm sure they'll have some of the backing track stuff pre-recorded and triggered from Mike's keyboard (they do the same on TLTGYA) so Joe won't end up over-worked. Rob will probably play some of the sampled drum stuff using the trigger pads on his kit too, since the real drum part doesn't come in until almost 4 minutes into the song.

Instrumentally, I don't see this song being a problem for them. I just think the vocal parts are going to end up falling into the same category as Hands Held High and the outro to TLTGYA.