Mike responds to 6 song sampler review

from Mike Shinoda's Twitter

http://twitter.com/m_shinoda/status/19093737473

saw description of 6 of our new songs online. it said "other 6 are hard rock." ha. nobody has heard anything but the first 6. #athousandsuns

http://twitter.com/m_shinoda/status/19094007335

Who said there were 12, anyway? I didn't.

Could mean we have more or less than 12 tracks . .

Thoughts?

Edited by Jay_Sensei

Could also mean another joke from Mike because we "ruined" somehow the surprise.

I don't know how people come to the conclusion that Mike has all these ulterior motives to fool people.

And the official review said that they were informed by someone that there were 6 other songs that were more guitar driven. That means that 1. that's just what somebody told them 2. They didn't say "hard rock", fans just took "guitar driven" and assumed thats what it meant and 3. Mike said that it's more plausible that they'd have 10 songs. LP's albums are as long as they are because they want to make sure that there's no way you'll get bored.

edit: but since someone DID tell them that there were 6 others, I wouldn't be surprised. Mike does lie.

Edited by Rocky

Back in June, Mark posted some info about the album on his Facebook.

He said "13 tracks. September 14th." He said he got it from the original gif but he never told us how.

Well, he got the date right. Maybe there's 13.

• 2 weeks later...

now I'm thinking 13-full length and 2 instrumentals. The Requiem and The Messenger?

I'm thinking that The Requiem will only be like 20 seconds long, because Mike said there are tracks that are 20 seconds long on the album. It's probably just an intro to The Radiance, much like Foreword on Meteora is to Don't Stay. Everyone is assuming that Robot Boy is an instrumental but I don't think it will be.

I'm thinking that The Requiem will only be like 20 seconds long, because Mike said there are tracks that are 20 seconds long on the album. It's probably just an intro to The Radiance, much like Foreword on Meteora is to Don't Stay. Everyone is assuming that Robot Boy is an instrumental but I don't think it will be.

This, I remember when Mike was hyping up Robot Boy very early during the year I think, saying it was the song that everyone really liked so far. I doubt that it'd be an instrumental when it was the highest rated song for the band

it's definitely not an instrumental. Mike claimed that robot boy was a demo a long time ago and had rapping on it. There's no way they changed it into a instrumental.