New Limited Edition Best Buy CD

SouthernGirlAM

So apparently a new limited edition CD, Songs From The Underground, will be on sale soon at select Best Buy locations. The new CD contains some previously released LPU songs and comes with a free month-long trial membership to the LPU. Confirmed songs include "Hunger Strike" (PR '08 w/ Chester), "My December" ('08) and a free download of "Crawling" (PR '08 w/ Chris Cornell). The limited edition CD will be available starting Thanksgiving Day. A full track-listing will be released soon and one would think that the LPU8 CD tracklisting should be on the horizon as well. Thanks to lilIverson09 and danielpsoad-09 for the heads up on this!

So what does everybody think of this new limited edition CD? Going to pick it up or not? Why or why not? Discuss!

Straight from the LPU:

"Songs From The Underground is an official collection of favorites previously only released through the LPU. This CD which will only be available at select Best Buy locations features 8 songs including never before released versions of “Hunger Strike” (Live from Projekt Revolution 2008) – Chris Cornell featuring Chester Bennington and “My December” (Live 2008)! This CD also comes with a FREE one month trial membership for LPU and access to a free download to “Crawling” (Live featuring Chris Cornell) that will also be made available to ALL active LPU members starting 11/27. Feel free to pick up the CD for yourself and share the trial membership with someone you believe could benefit from being a part of the LPU community!

This is a limited edition item so look for it starting Thanksgiving Day at Best Buy stores! Track listing in its entirety will be released FIRST here on LPU so look out for that info here on LPUnderground.com."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it still sounds interesting though. Hunger Strike makes it worth getting, but let's see what it costs.

You can download the LPU cd's everywhere there has never been something real exclusive about them.

Sounds like a LPU trial version to get more members.

do you guys not believe in giving credit no more?

cuz i have definitely posted this in the other thread. pointing out linking it to the thread in the interview with phoenix.

this is not the first time i have submitted news and not received credit.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...E2782D167520603

^ new blog post from LP's myspace.

Exclusive Audio Sneak Peak from Road to Revolution

Check out Linkin Park's iMeem page for an exclusive sneak peak at the audio of "Breaking The Habit" and "Leave Out All The Rest" from the upcoming CD/DVD, Road To Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes, in stores November 25.

Edited by SouthernGirlAM

^ There...credit posted, granted this news came from a couple of people, hence my not trying to single one out over the others. It's nothing personal, so please don't take offense if we forget a credit or leave it off. And please try not to double post. Thanks!

Let's please get back on topic now...

oh c'mon it aint that bad

its a nice chance for new fans to get this stuff

average LP fans dont even know that Dedicated exists, or that POA was remixed by Crystal Method.. bla bla bla

not everyone is like us (hardcore fans as us i mean)

Those songs are not on the cd, looks like it'll be live shit again. That is un-excusable.

That's completely stupid. We can have Hunger Strike on youtube!!

Yeah, it's just to get MORE blind members.

Even if the LPU8 is awesome with studio tracks or whatever, I surely WILL NOT renew my membership. That fucking sucks!

I wonder how much it'll cost this time again...

I just hope it'll include some fresh tracks, or it could be just a thing.

I think it's all going to be old LPU tracks and live tracks from Projekt Revolution, which in that case, I probably will not buy it. Normally I'd buy any CD/DVD that comes out, but this seems pointless to me.

I understand that they want more people to join. They want more money (not necessarily LP, but SOMEONE behind the scenes does) and they know if they put a gem like Hunger Strike on there, they'll get it. I won't be buying it because I can download Hunger Strike anywhere if I chose to and I think it's stupid. Yes, people can download songs that were supposed to be exclusive anywhere these days, but it doesn't mean that they should make them even less exclusive by releasing them to a chain store.

Those songs are not on the cd, looks like it'll be live shit again. That is un-excusable.

No one forces you to buy it, the mix of the Hunger Strike version on youtube sucks, voices are distorted, this will be a nice lossless upgrade, hopefully. This Hunger Strike is possiblly from another show and most likely a much better performance plus Pooch mixed it.

The only thing that sucks about this CD that it's for Best Buy only. It's not the LPU8 so calm down everybody.

It's just a pick of like 5 songs from all the previous CD's, that's not a big loss. I won't be a replacement for all the other CD's. Of course it's money making but that's how it works. At least it has some new stuff on it even if it's nothing really new.

Newsflash: ANYONE has ALWAYS been able to purchase past LPU CDs on eBay. This is NO DIFFERENT WHATSOEVER.

LPU music has never been and will never be exclusive.

Grow a brain and quit bitching about it. Please.

Edited by Astat

The only thing that sucks about this CD that it's for Best Buy only.

And that's the point for me. They hardly ever think of all the European and other non-US fans of Linkin Park, therefore it pisses me off how a lot of bands suddenly come out with those Best Buy-only limited editions of CDs. I mean, what the hell??? LP are from the USA, I assume most of their fans are from there, and since the LPU is also located in the USA, most of the LPUers might be from the States as well, especially since it is a lot easier for the Americans to join. THEN WHY THE HELL DO THEY RELEASE A BEST BUY CD THAT HARDLY ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE US CAN GET??? *shakes head* That's just bullshit. A lot of people from other parts of the world might have never had the chance to join LPU (and I'm not speaking for me because I never wanted to join in the first place) and this CD would be a great compensation for them, and give them a taste of what the membership would be like. Or it would maybe even get them so far as to finally join the club. But no, it's all for the Americans again. Tell me about the logic behind that... It's just stupid!

And yeah, I agree that the LPU CDs have never been that exclusive ;) I've never been in the LPU and nevertheless I have all songs from the CDs, etc. They can be found easily if you're a hardcore fan and really want to have them ;)