New Limited Edition Best Buy CD

SouthernGirlAM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf do you want from them? This isn't even LPU8, they didn't even have to do this. Stop bitching.

I wish they didn't. Now the lpu is completely ruined. You wouldn't understand, you haven't been there as long as I have.

Newsflash: ANYONE has ALWAYS been able to purchase past LPU CDs on eBay. This is NO DIFFERENT WHATSOEVER.

LPU music has never been and will never be exclusive.

Grow a brain and quit bitching about it. Please.

That is still limited to a degree though. This is to the masses.

No one forces you to buy it, the mix of the Hunger Strike version on youtube sucks, voices are distorted, this will be a nice lossless upgrade, hopefully. This Hunger Strike is possiblly from another show and most likely a much better performance plus Pooch mixed it.

The only thing that sucks about this CD that it's for Best Buy only. It's not the LPU8 so calm down everybody.

It's just a pick of like 5 songs from all the previous CD's, that's not a big loss. I won't be a replacement for all the other CD's. Of course it's money making but that's how it works. At least it has some new stuff on it even if it's nothing really new.

You've completely missed the point.

I think the platinum $100 next level thing takes the piss far worse then this, an LPU member frame is completely unessorcery and doesn't mean a thing, completely milking the hardcore fans and I swear a month or so ago we all voted on the LPU to not have anoter level? As for this CD, I'm split on wheter to buy it or not, I have the chance so I might as well, but it depends how much it will cost. Does this CD also mean that the normal LPU8 package wont be in best buy stores?

Mostly all this is screwing over the hardcore fans who want every release and top LPU status, heres the maths:

$100 (LPU8 top, plus service and P&P) + ~$35 (geuss for this cd, includes LPU regester) + ~$28 (road to rev)

Thats $163 (€129, £110) for no new LP songs, someones going to be getting themselves a brand new car up in the LP headquators.

No one forces you to buy it, the mix of the Hunger Strike version on youtube sucks, voices are distorted, this will be a nice lossless upgrade, hopefully. This Hunger Strike is possiblly from another show and most likely a much better performance plus Pooch mixed it.

The only thing that sucks about this CD that it's for Best Buy only. It's not the LPU8 so calm down everybody.

It's just a pick of like 5 songs from all the previous CD's, that's not a big loss. I won't be a replacement for all the other CD's. Of course it's money making but that's how it works. At least it has some new stuff on it even if it's nothing really new.

It's nice to see that the LPU is finally releasing a public CD! And also nice to hear tht My December is being recognized again, mayb this means more of the old LP!! This mite not be the most creative CD in the world but I believe it's still a must buy for all hardcore linkin park fans.

I think the platinum $100 next level thing takes the piss far worse then this, an LPU member frame is completely unessorcery and doesn't mean a thing, completely milking the hardcore fans and I swear a month or so ago we all voted on the LPU to not have anoter level? As for this CD, I'm split on wheter to buy it or not, I have the chance so I might as well, but it depends how much it will cost. Does this CD also mean that the normal LPU8 package wont be in best buy stores?

Mostly all this is screwing over the hardcore fans who want every release and top LPU status, heres the maths:

$100 (LPU8 top, plus service and P&P) + ~$35 (geuss for this cd, includes LPU regester) + ~$28 (road to rev)

Thats $163 (€129, £110) for no new LP songs, someones going to be getting themselves a brand new car up in the LP headquators.

Dude, it isn't only about new songs. I think this will be cool.

Apparently this is what people voted for, and this will most likely be the track listing

1. Part Of Me

2. A.06

3. A Place For My Head (Live In Texas)

4. Sold My Soul To Yo Mama

5. Public Service Announcement (Live 8)

6. Qwerty

*Bonus tracks*

7. Hunger Strike (Live - Featuring Chester Bennington)

8. My December (Live from the 2008 Winter Tour)

If I had to choose, my track listing would be

1. Carousel

2. Dedicated

3. By Myself (Live In Texas)

4. Wish (Live from PR04)

5. Jigga What/Faint (Live 8)

6. Reading My Eyes (Live from Summer Sonic 2006)

Edited by Geki

Those songs are not on the cd, looks like it'll be live shit again. That is un-excusable.

do you work in WB to know that?

WE DONT KNOW THE FULL TRACKLIST

so its possible that those songs will be in the cd

read this again:

Songs From The Underground is an official collection of favorites previously only released through the LPU''

Dedicated belongs to a LPU cd? YES

this is too purposely vague..."select Best Buy stores?" WTF? Does this mean I have to be in a big city to get one (if so...I'm so totally hosed).

Not a defense of what's happened, but Best Buy has been the outlet to at least purchase the last LPU package, so this isn't really that far-fetched/an issue of selling out, imho. The one other thing that really does blow is that they are doing this on BLACK FRIDAY?! Guess I'll ask the folks to pick one up for me in TX...there's no way in hell I'm getting out on Black Friday for anything. Not to mention, I'll be an hour away...

Unbelievable...Black Friday...I need to get my clue stick out.

Newsflash: ANYONE has ALWAYS been able to purchase past LPU CDs on eBay. This is NO DIFFERENT WHATSOEVER.

Grow a brain and quit bitching about it. Please.

Thank you. I know people want things to stay exclusive, and it's not like they are giving away every single LPU song ever, but seriously. People put the music up for download on all sorts of places.

LPU management probably figures this way at least people won't be stealing the music, they'll be purchasing it.

You guys blame the managment for not making the LPU exclusive, when it's own members do the EXACT same thing. It's members can't complain about something they themselves do as well.

I say the first thing that should be done is start a movement among the LPU members to stop allowing LPU exclusives to be put up for download. If we do that, we have the right to complain.

Just my two cents.

Apparently this is what people voted for, and this will most likely be the track listing

1. Part Of Me

2. A.06

6. Qwerty

*Bonus tracks*

1. Carousel

2. Dedicated

4. Wish (Live from PR04)

where did you see this info, do you have a link???

I wish they didn't. Now the lpu is completely ruined. You wouldn't understand, you haven't been there as long as I have.

First off, how does releasing an EXTRA OPTIONAL CD ruin the LPU?

Second, why does it matter how long you've been a member of the LPU? According to your logic I should be 5 more years as pissed off as you are since you've been a member since April of this year. I've been there since 2003 and I don't mind this CD. The LPU hasn't been the same since after the Meteora touring cycle ended so if you think THIS is ruining the LPU, you are sadly mistaken as you have no clue how the LPU used to be.

As for the eBay only being a limited degree: eBay is accessible by anyone in the entire world. Best Buy is not. eBay is more "to the masses" than Best Buy is.

I think YOU have completely missed the point.

I say the first thing that should be done is start a movement among the LPU members to stop allowing LPU exclusives to be put up for download. If we do that, we have the right to complain.

The thing is, this will never happen. You cannot get every member to agree not to upload the exclusive material. Some people will sign up solely for the purpose of getting the music, and will have no problem putting it up on a torrent site because they don't really care about the band, they just want to share the music with everyone.

Second, why does it matter how long you've been a member of the LPU? According to your logic I should be 5 more years as pissed off as you are since you've been a member since April of this year. I've been there since 2003 and I don't mind this CD. The LPU hasn't been the same since after the Meteora touring cycle ended so if you think THIS is ruining the LPU, you are sadly mistaken as you have no clue how the LPU used to be.

As for the eBay only being a limited degree: eBay is accessible by anyone in the entire world. Best Buy is not. eBay is more "to the masses" than Best Buy is.

I think YOU have completely missed the point.

The thing is, this will never happen. You cannot get every member to agree not to upload the exclusive material. Some people will sign up solely for the purpose of getting the music, and will have no problem putting it up on a torrent site because they don't really care about the band, they just want to share the music with everyone.

Great post. and yes I agree 100% that getting all LPU members to stop allowing exclusive content to be available for download would be impossible.

I just don't like seeing people complain about stuff like this when 1. LPU members do it themselves. and 2. People who buy this CD are basically becoming temporary LPU members anyway. They get a trial version of the LPU and the CD is almost like a "trial version" of the exclusive music we have. It's a sampler.

People also say "OMG! LPU management is just trying to find ways to get more members!!" Am I the only one who has no problem with this? What's wrong with trying to get more members into the LPU? If you're a Linkin Park fan I think you should definitely be a member, within reason (as in not buying a 100 dollar package to get a plaque if you dont have the money).

I know the LPU turned to shit, but I'm not as depressed about it as maybe you or some other people, no matter what LP (or Management) does, some people have to rant the shit out of it, it's really awful.

I'd find it much worse if they'd put out a MTM X-mas edition or a best of album.

1. Part Of Me

2. A.06

6. Qwerty

*Bonus tracks*

1. Carousel

2. Dedicated

4. Wish (Live from PR04)

we already have some of the songs that we on the CD and some you can Rip from a DVD

I know the LPU turned to shit, but I'm not as depressed about it as maybe you or some other people, no matter what LP (or Management) does, some people have to rant the shit out of it, it's really awful.

I'd find it much worse if they'd put out a MTM X-mas edition or a best of album.

Honestly the only thing I went to LPU for was the packages and community and the community is pretty bad now. I like LPLive's community much more. But as long as we get some quality stuff every few years, I'll be a member. I understand that not every year's CD can be amazing.

Honestly the only thing I went to LPU for was the packages and community and the community is pretty bad now. I like LPLive's community much more. But as long as we get some quality stuff every few years, I'll be a member. I understand that not every year's CD can be amazing.

i miss the LPU community, 2001 & 2002 were awesome!!!

LPLive was pretty good, but now it seems like we are just so slow

the same happens with the LPA

Great post. and yes I agree 100% that getting all LPU members to stop allowing exclusive content to be available for download would be impossible.

I just don't like seeing people complain about stuff like this when 1. LPU members do it themselves. and 2. People who buy this CD are basically becoming temporary LPU members anyway. They get a trial version of the LPU and the CD is almost like a "trial version" of the exclusive music we have. It's a sampler.

People also say "OMG! LPU management is just trying to find ways to get more members!!" Am I the only one who has no problem with this? What's wrong with trying to get more members into the LPU? If you're a Linkin Park fan I think you should definitely be a member, within reason (as in not buying a 100 dollar package to get a plaque if you dont have the money).

I totally agree w u dude, id think that it is wrong that LPU is trying to get the mainstream fans into hardcore LP, in fact I think that this is a sign of good things to come, if LPU is appealing to the original fans then mayb tht means LP mite end up doing a hybrid of their new stuff and older stuff on the next album!! So ppl stop complaining because anyway we all kno u will end up getting the CD anyway.

Because now it will be overtaken with noobs with our chances of meet and greets just greatly reduced assuming most will wait to activate their accounts.

Uh,I've been in the lpu since 2003. Just because my lpu sn indicates I've only been there since April doesn't mean anything, I had to get a new account.

Lpu cd's are limited, or were to a certain degree. This cd is not.

Wtf do you want from them? This isn't even LPU8, they didn't even have to do this. Stop bitching.

I wish they didn't.

Anyone can purchase an LPU membership if they want to. Anyone can purchase songs for the Underground if they want to. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Funny you talk about people being "n00bs" on LPU when you sure as hell still act like one yourself.

Edited by Astat

This is a limited edition item so look for it starting Thanksgiving Day at Best Buy stores! Track listing in its entirety will be released FIRST here on LPU so look out for that info here on LPUnderground.com.

Maybe they made more copies of that than the LPU CD's, even if they make 1 million it's limited.

Astat is absolutely right. There are already noobs in the LPU, this won't change much with this release.