Chester To Be Featured On The New Carlos Santana Album

LESTAT

From the very recent interview with Carlos Santana:

Tell me about your new studio album. It sounds like a pretty exciting project.

I'm very, very grateful because I get to participate in something that is very [wonderful]. For example, "Supernatural" was a really, really humongous door for me to walk through. This is another one; I can see it already. The name of the CD is probably going to be called "Guitar Heaven." The songs are from Jimi Hendrix, "Little Wing"; "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," The Beatles; "Can't You Hear Me Knocking," The Rolling Stones; "Sunshine of Your Love," Cream; "Back in Black," AC/DC; "Dance the Night Away," Van Halen; "Whole Lotta Love" (Led Zeppelin); "Smoke on the Water" (Deep Purple); "Riders on the Storm" (The Doors); "Fortunate Son" (Creedence Clearwater Revival).

The [guests] are Joe Cocker, India.Arie, Yo-Yo Ma, Scott Weiland, Rob Thomas, Pat Monahan, Chris Cornell, Jacoby Shaddix, Chester Bennington, Scott Stapp. All of my life, since I can remember, everything that I do is coming in with everyone. I don't come in alone. So this is not like a shtick or a gimmick or something that I do with guest artists. I've been doing this since '67 with everyone. It feels wonderful to walk into a room and you feel the love. With Joe Cocker or India.Arie or Rob Thomas, there's a mutual exchange of love, so by the time we get to the song, it's very natural, normal.

Source here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Stapp and Chester Bennington on the same project. WTF has the world come to, lol.

Love Creed but Alter Bridge blows them away...the latest Stapp song "Marlins Soar" or whatever has to be the worst song ever written.

But that's not the point. Cool to see Chaz doing collaborations but I hate Carlos Santana with a passion, he's a real motherfucker for that Ernesto "Che" Guevara bullshit.

Scott Stapp and Chester Bennington on the same project. WTF has the world come to, lol.

Love Creed but Alter Bridge blows them away...the latest Stapp song "Marlins Soar" or whatever has to be the worst song ever written.

But that's not the point. Cool to see Chaz doing collaborations but I hate Carlos Santana with a passion, he's a real motherfucker for that Ernesto "Che" Guevara bullshit.

I hate that motherfucker too but who cares about that motherfucker when chaz is featured :P

When is the album coming out?

Edited by Tomer

As far as I know, Nas will cover some AC/DC song. *facepalm"

Seriously, this project is full of win (Cocker, Weiland, Cornel, Chester) and fail (Stapp, Shaddix, Nas) at the same time.

I guess "Whole Lotta Love", but who knows.

It will be covered by Cornell.

What did Santana do ???

As far as I know, Nas will cover some AC/DC song. *facepalm"

Seriously, this project is full of win (Cocker, Weiland, Cornel, Chester) and fail (Stapp, Shaddix, Nas) at the same time.

It is. Santana is such an excellent player. Im looking forward to the Cornell, Weiland, Chester tracks. But WTF at Nas. I swear rappers need to stop trying to do rock. For example Cypress Hill with Fergie (her part was good tho) covering Paradise City and lil wayne with his rock album. *barf

Haha yeah it is, Stapp was hired by the Florida Marlins to change a few words in his already awful song to fit the Marlins. Good in theory, results were terrible.

Chris Cornell is awesome. But that's about all I agree with you on.

WTF @ all these comments.

Stapp and Shaddix full of fail? Creed is a solid band, but damn Papa Roach just brings it. Jacoby takes Chester to the cleaners live. I saw Roach last fall and the only thing I can compare it so is what I've seen in videos from LP shows from 2001. Jacoby is a boss and Papa Roach is a GREAT band. Before you start hating on Roach, take a look at STP. Weiland is a fucked up idiot, look how much he has screwed up for his band. I have lost all respect for Weiland, I think he is an ignorant prick that has really messed his life up. The same can be said for Scott Stapp too so I won't say he's not guilty either lol.

I saw STP last year and walked out of their set about 8 songs in...just terrible. Saw Nas with Damian Marley two weeks ago and as well saw Nas come out with Beastie Boys last year - Nas is great. Had a blast. I think it'll be a great collaboration.

How do you hate that Cypress/Fergie stuff? The Cypress stuff was badass. Just because Slash wanted to go outside of the box with music doesn't mean it's bad - give it a chance. I love the Slash album, he really created a legendary group of artists on one album (where the hell was Chester?)

I think this is a great project other than it's with Santana. He has great music but all of his big public support for Che is a total joke. I had a huge lecture on Che and watched several history shows on him, I don't like people publicly supporting people like that that are responsible for so many damn deaths that are unnecessary. But that's just my opinion, if you like Che then that's cool I guess.

Chris Cornell is awesome. But that's about all I agree with you on.

I saw STP last year and walked out of their set about 8 songs in...just terrible. Saw Nas with Damian Marley two weeks ago and as well saw Nas come out with Beastie Boys last year - Nas is great. Had a blast. I think it'll be a great collaboration.

How do you hate that Cypress/Fergie stuff? The Cypress stuff was badass. Just because Slash wanted to go outside of the box with music doesn't mean it's bad - give it a chance. I love the Slash album, he really created a legendary group of artists on one album (where the hell was Chester?)

I think this is a great project other than it's with Santana. He has great music but all of his big public support for Che is a total joke. I had a huge lecture on Che and watched several history shows on him, I don't like people publicly supporting people like that that are responsible for so many damn deaths that are unnecessary. But that's just my opinion, if you like Che then that's cool I guess.

I saw one song by STP. I left. I was like whatever.. Alice In Chains kicked their ass (they played b4 STP)

Nahh I liked Fergies part. I loved the whole album. Hell i hate Maroon 5 but I liked the Adam Levine song (Gotten). But no. Cypress Hill ugh horrible IMO. But the whole album was A+ .

And i see what you mean with Santana but i really dont care about his support, there are crazier shit artists have supported.

oh and before i forget Chester going in the studio, writing lyrics, working with Santana etc; definately held the album up :P

Weiland is a fucked up idiot, look how much he has screwed up for his band. I have lost all respect for Weiland, I think he is an ignorant prick that has really messed his life up.

I saw STP last year and walked out of their set about 8 songs in...just terrible.

Weiland is a great singer and very talented lyricist.

Any time you see Scott at his worst, I can promise you it has nothing to do with him as a singer or artist or anything. It's all about his vices. Don't let the personal part to overshadow his talents for you, He's probably more talented than anyone participating in this project.

Stapp and Shaddix full of fail? Creed is a solid band, but damn Papa Roach just brings it. Jacoby takes Chester to the cleaners live. I saw Roach last fall and the only thing I can compare it so is what I've seen in videos from LP shows from 2001. Jacoby is a boss and Papa Roach is a GREAT band.

Fucking seconded. Shaddix is fanstastic live. But regardless, this project sounds pretty cool. Good to see Chester collaborating again.

Collabs are usually great. I do not have ONE bad comment about Slashs album. Solid album, with such a varied amount of artists. Who would of though Adam Levine (Maroon 5) and Slash would have made a great track together?

Im a little ticked Chester is making a track with Santana and not Slash. I think he would have done great with Slash. I'm looking forward to hearing this song though.

Weiland is a great singer and very talented lyricist.

Any time you see Scott at his worst, I can promise you it has nothing to do with him as a singer or artist or anything. It's all about his vices. Don't let the personal part to overshadow his talents for you, He's probably more talented than anyone participating in this project.

Well hasnt he been messing up for the longest time since STP reunited? I mean it's time to put up or shut up when it comes to him. My friend who stayed for STP said Weiland was acting tipsy during the whole performance. But lets get back to topic :P

Do we have an estimated date for this release?

I saw one song by STP. I left. I was like whatever.. Alice In Chains kicked their ass (they played b4 STP)

Nahh I liked Fergies part. I loved the whole album. Hell i hate Maroon 5 but I liked the Adam Levine song (Gotten). But no. Cypress Hill ugh horrible IMO. But the whole album was A+ .

And i see what you mean with Santana but i really dont care about his support, there are crazier shit artists have supported.

oh and before i forget Chester going in the studio, writing lyrics, working with Santana etc; definately held the album up :P

Hell yeah STP was a joke lol. Wow Alice before STP, that's just disrespectful in my opinion. Alice BRINGS IT live. I caught 3 shows in like 4 days for them in late Feb/early March and they were just awesome. Can't wait for Blackdiamondskye.

Ever since MTM, I've really opened up to other artists, especially other genres. Not so much rap but definitely softer music. Coldplay, U2 and John Mayer and shit. Maroon 5 is alright. Adam is good in the studio but I remember watching Live 8, he sounds like SUCH a girl live lol. Maybe he's gotten better, I'll have to check them out live to see. But Songs About Jane is a solid album. It Won't Be Soon Before Long, not so much but I Won't Go Home Without You is alright.

Not a fan of Cypress's studio stuff, you have me there. And great point about Santana.

Collabs are usually great. I do not have ONE bad comment about Slashs album. Solid album, with such a varied amount of artists. Who would of though Adam Levine (Maroon 5) and Slash would have made a great track together?

Im a little ticked Chester is making a track with Santana and not Slash. I think he would have done great with Slash. I'm looking forward to hearing this song though.

Idk i dislike maroon 5 but that track was pretty chill. I liked it. Did you not like it i dont get your comment lol. I wish Chester did a track with slash too. How he picked one of the pussycat dolls (its a bonus track) is beyond me... Isn't Chester doing a track with Travis Barker as well? What's the status on that one?

Maroon 5 is alright. Adam is good in the studio but I remember watching Live 8, he sounds like SUCH a girl live lol. Maybe he's gotten better, I'll have to check them out live to see.

I caught a recent concert from them on TV just the other day, Adam sounded great to me. Wish I could remember where they were playing at...

I was really blown away when I saw the Slash album tracklisting and Chester wasn't on it. After all the Camp Freddy stuff, you'd think Chester would be on at least one track.

The entire album is made of epic win. That's one of the best rock albums ever released if you ask me and it didn't get nearly as much recognition as it needed. Amazing guests on every single song. I think Europe ate it up though and loved it. Regardless, he's touring with Myles (<3<3<3<3) and they're spicing it up with guests throughout each city stop I think. The Fergie song and the Adam Levine song are both awesome. And Dave & Duff on one song together, wtf awesome. Even Mother Maria from Download To Donate was awesome.

Is that Travis Barker solo album ever going to come out?

Slash's album is definitely one of the best this year, if not the best. Each song has its own unique sound, I love it. Even the track with Fergie is amazing. And, damn, he combined Alice Cooper and Nicole Scherzinger at one song, making a terrific track! Awesome album! Looking forward to Travis Barker's one, whenever it comes out. xD

Slash's album is definitely one of the best this year, if not the best. Each song has its own unique sound, I love it. Even the track with Fergie is amazing. And, damn, he combined Alice Cooper and Nicole Scherzinger at one song, making a terrific track! Awesome album! Looking forward to Travis Barker's one, whenever it comes out. xD

I had no idea what you were talking about until I went and read on Wikipedia about the b-sides. I'm missing that song.

I don't have Chains And Shackles or Baby Can't Drive. Wow. Need to get them ASAP.