The Most Underestimated LP Song

anjum

Acc. to you, which song by LP is the most underestimated or the most under-appreciated one. Maybe in terms of airplay or it's knowledge of existence among non-hardcore LP fans or in any other way that you can think of?

I think it's Hit The Floor. This song is just so fucking awesome. Incidently it was the first LP song I ever heard!!

So What do YOU think??

Edited by Anjum_Agony.In.Disguise

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Between. It's definitely not as bad as everyone says it is. I think it was just instantly panned for being simple, and pretty different from the usual LP. It's got a nice melody, backed with some great lyrics and an exceptional performance.

In Between. It's definitely not as bad as everyone says it is. I think it was just instantly panned for being simple, and pretty different from the usual LP. It's got a nice melody, backed with some great lyrics and an exceptional performance.

Yeh that would be in my list as well.

I'd have to go with Figure.09 as my first choice. It was only played on two major tours, it's rarely a song that gets mentioned, and I honestly think it's the best track on Meteora. There are a bunch of tracks from that album that have a lot less substance, but are way more popular thanks to them being released as singles.

One other song that I can think of that would definitely fit in this category is Forgotten. Yeah, it was played live all the time up through 2002, but it hasn't been played at all since then, and how many current fans went to shows back then anyway? Every other song from Hybrid Theory was still played at one time or another after the end of the Hybrid Theory touring cycle, but that one wasn't, save for one performance of the remix (during a point where the band wasn't touring actively at all).

I can see The Little Things Give You Away, Valentine's Day, and maybe In Pieces turning into songs like this a couple years down the road as well.

Easier to Run. I think this was panned because everyone dismissed it as a lame attempt to rewrite Numb. But this is a very powerful song. The lyrics are amazing, considering the fact that Chester wrote them with no background music, or beat. Plus, Rob's Druming is pretty epic.

+1 on In Between, by the way. Also, +1 on Figure .09 and Forgotten

I'm loving the love In Between is getting in this thread. One of my favorite LP songs ever.

Nice lyrics, emotional without being loud, a more timid somber emotion. Very different for LP.

In Pieces is another underrated song as well.

Easier to Run is definitely my vote.

Next would be Figure.09. And I say that only because of the bridge of the song (screaming and rapping part). I could listen to that all day it's amazing. I can't imagine any better of a rapping voice and screaming, Chester just blows any other screamer out of the water (I don't know if he can still scream like that). In fact, I dislike any other screaming other than Chester's.

Edited by Lethal

Figure.09.

I have been waiting for years, and will continue to wait for this sweet sweet treasure to come to my ears again.

yea man i fuckin need figure .09 and noobody's listening, I don't understand why they wont play what the fans want, only what they like

yea man i fuckin need figure .09 and noobody's listening, I don't understand why they wont play what the fans want, only what they like

I don't think it's so much a matter of them only playing what they like as it is them playing what the general public expects to hear.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if on the next touring cycle, we see an all-singles setlist after a few have been released from the new album.

I don't think it's so much a matter of them only playing what they like as it is them playing what the general public expects to hear.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if on the next touring cycle, we see an all-singles setlist after a few have been released from the new album.

This would be a sad day. To contribute, I'd have to say the likes of Figure .09, Hit The Floor, Nobody's Listening, all underestimated imo.

What everyone's said so far, is pretty accurate.

Forgotten - was basically forgotten as Astat says XD could be amazing with the playing chops the've learned since then. The old performaces where pretty sloppy!

Hit the Floor - though alot people think this LP's worst track, i think its pretty cool. they could probably make the live version so much better now.

Easier to Run - Could blend so well with the MTM tracks. But seriously, it was never given a chance! They only played it live once as far as i know.

Nobodys listening - Same as HtF. I loved back in the day Brad & Phi swaped instuments when playing this song xD

Figure.09 - Excellent heavy song. that extended outro they did that went into From the inside was sick. they should bring it back just for that alone.

What everyone's said so far, is pretty accurate.

Forgotten - was basically forgotten as Astat says XD could be amazing with the playing chops the've learned since then. The old performaces where pretty sloppy!

Hit the Floor - though alot people think this LP's worst track, i think its pretty cool. they could probably make the live version so much better now.

Easier to Run - Could blend so well with the MTM tracks. But seriously, it was never given a chance! They only played it live once as far as i know.

Nobodys listening - Same as HtF. I loved back in the day Brad & Phi swaped instuments when playing this song xD

Figure.09 - Excellent heavy song. that extended outro they did that went into From the inside was sick. they should bring it back just for that alone.

What show was that outro at??