Rate The Post-MTM Released Tracks!

hahninator

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note, why the fuck are people still assessing NRL? I'm so glad it isn't on MTM. TLTGYA ends the album with such an impact that Mike's "time to shine" is inappropriate after the LP epic of TLTGYA. Mike singing lead vocals would not be strong in a live setting, and Chester would have to go backstage and wank or something, because that song would seem to leave him bored.

But NRL should't be the final track of the album, because yeah, then you're fucking up the impact of TLTGYA.

They hate "not alone" 'cause they feel so gay if they hear it. Bullshits!

LP is more than screams and rap.

POINT!

you can express your opinion without the use of homophobic language.

3. Blackbirds

Probably the most oddly structured LP song to date. Like almost everyone here, I expected rapping in the verses, but we have them in the bridge part. The beat is really groovy, it has that FMish feeling I really like. Mike's flow reminds me of... Hands Held High. It's almost the same kind of vibe. That verses from the bridge, I think, would sound excellent over intros to PoA or Crawling. The downside of this track is that it ends way too early. I'd like too hear some sort transition into sort of a heavier part, similar to one we have in Across The Line OR some rap-singing trade-off by Mike & Chaz over a chopped beat. That would be awesome. And lyrically it's one of the best efforts I've ever heard from the band.

Except it's structured the exact same way as Points Of Authority :P

1)Across the Line One of my favorite LP song to date. I really love the vibe in it, and the progression from the dancing intro to the heavy bridge and the rock end is cool too. All in all, a great track which should have end up on MTM.

2)Blackbirds Even if I was disappointed by a "Ballad? Again?" kind of effect, I have to admit that I like this song. Cool melody.

3)New Divide An average LP song in my opinion. But apparently it's awesome live, according to what I've read in this thread...So third.

4)Lockjaw Incredible instrumental, maybe too short though.

5)We Made it Since LP has played it live in its own setlist during Projekt Rev 2008, and since it's a post-MTM track, I'm also rating it. The piano part totally makes it for me, but Chester chorus is too repetitive.

6)Not Alone I don't really like this song. Not that bad, but not good either. Hightlight of it : the electronic bridge/outro.