lp.com survey: "Win a Meteora Plaque from LP"

EWQMinesweeper

I didn't really get what is it that difficult in it.. picking the winners from the million entries? ..if they pick them randomly then what is difficult in it? ..or the shipping of packages or what?

What is it with people and not getting it? Do you know how difficult it is to make something available to a large amount of countries?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really get what is it that difficult in it.. picking the winners from the million entries? ..if they pick them randomly then what is difficult in it? ..or the shipping of packages or what?

As stated above, laws and taxes.

Certain crazy laws and taxes. In some countries promotional material can be considered propaganda, etc.

and which countries are they? Europe? I don't understand the world anymore... Other sites have no problems with it.

But back to topic - good luck everyone ;)

and which countries are they? Europe? I don't understand the world anymore... Other sites have no problems with it.

Europe is not a country.

And I don't specifically, all I know is what I heard from the people over at the LPU.

I'm tired of giveaways/contests/.. being available only to US residents..

(mainly when it appears in the LPU ..this is not what the LPU should be about..)

heres two options

1) do some research on the laws of international giveaways/contests/etc; then maybe you will see the difficulty of the situation and see how they cant make it avaliable.

2) move to the US.

since when Europe is a country? ..you live in Germany and say things like that?!

Whenever we do a contest that has Official Rules, we have to make it US only because if it was open to everyone, we would have to have rules for EACH country it was available for. We don't have lawyers in all of those countries. Thats why for LPU, we try to do as many "giveaways" as possible.

heres two options

1) do some research on the laws of international giveaways/contests/etc; then maybe you will see the difficulty of the situation and see how they cant make it avaliable.

2) move to the US.

Reason in the midst of insanity.

Edited by Ash

Europe is not a country.

I know that Europe is not a country but should I list all the countries which are in the there ? ;)

I don't know what it is like with other countries or continents, but with Europe there should be no problems. So I know it from other competitions. But perhaps we will get soon an answer or we ask Mike in the next chat :lol:

Whenever we do a contest that has Official Rules, we have to make it US only because if it was open to everyone, we would have to have rules for EACH country it was available for. We don't have lawyers in all of those countries. Thats why for LPU, we try to do as many "giveaways" as possible.

O_O @ you posting again. Adam is back ftw.

heres two options

2) move to the US.

Move to the US for contests.. oh u silly americans xD

Move to the US for contests.. oh u silly americans xD

silly foreigners for complaining about things the higher power has no control over XD :P :P

i mean if u had family over here u could always make them enter for u :)

?? never!!!!! :D

The only better thing there is that you get more contests :P

lol . it was meant to be a small sarcastic joke i promise :P

but it does get annoying when ppl complain about it being US only but never doing research as to why it might be that way -__-

I bet that there are lawyers in many countries who are LP fans, and wouldn't mind doing researches in that area to help you (LPHQ, LPUHQ) spread the contests to their countries.

I'm sure it's not an easy question to be dealt with, but if you don't do anything, it won't happen on it's own.

All I wish is that LPHQ wrote an official explanation of why they don't spread the contests to non-US countries with detailed description of the problem, and not only saying that it's connected with LAW. Give us few examples of why, for example, it can't be shipped to UK, Germany or whatever other country.

I bet that there are lawyers in many countries who are LP fans, and wouldn't mind doing researches in that area to help you (LPHQ, LPUHQ) spread the contests to their countries.

I'm sure it's not an easy question to be dealt with, but if you don't do anything, it won't happen on it's own.

All I wish is that LPHQ wrote an official explanation of why they don't spread the contests to non-US countries with detailed description of the problem, and not only saying that it's connected with LAW. Give us few examples of why, for example, it can't be shipped to UK, Germany or whatever other country.

Not sure how much more detail you want. My last post was pretty straight forward. You have to have separate legals for each country participating. We need lawyers in each of those countries to write new legals for us. I know you guys think there should be a really simple solution for this, but trust me it's not as easy as it seems. It has NOTHING to do with shipping packages. I ship stuff all over the world every day. Sorry. It sucks. I know. I can't do anything about it. But I'll be honest, editing 50 different legals every single time we do a contest does not sound like something I want to add on to my work day or something I even have time for. (yes, it would be ME editing the legals every single time). It takes me about 20 minutes to edit just the ONE legal doc for each contest as it is.

Edited by Adam

@ Adam

Do you have any idea what Linkin Park: The Videos (DVD) is supposed to mean in that survey? How are we supposed to answer the question if we own it, if no one knows what it is?

Or does that just stand for the Breaking The Habit, In Tne End and Crawling DVDs?

I dunno if this has been said yet but I lol'd at this question and a possible answer

Which of the following statements about Linkin Park is most true?

Im not a fan of Linkin Park (yet)

Its like there trying to convert us or something

The reason they don't do this (they have done it unofficially in the LPU multiple times) is because most of the people who are complaining probably wouldn't get it anyway.

heres two options

2) move to the US.

or

3) Move YOU to SouthAmerica and see how it feels to be excluded in EVERYTHING...

by the way, good luck residents in US ;)

or

3) Move YOU to SouthAmerica and see how it feels to be excluded in EVERYTHING...

or just STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

You've had the problem explained to you numerous times now but you're still sitting there saying "ohmygod i hate this its always usa what the hell shit".

Edited by Ash

or

why in the world would i do that??? That seems stupid IMO. Plus my family is from Central America who btw immigrated from Guatemala in the 80's to try to give themselves and their unborn child a chance for a better life and bigger chance of success.

SMH. Sometimes these contests arent even that great. wow. I wouldnt be mad even if I did live in south america. Guatemala (where my roots are) isnt that bad of a place. If you are getting upset and hurt over a simple contest that the LPU has little to no control over you need to reevaluate your priorites or get out more.

If you really want to see why the LPU makes everything US only, go do research. Namely laws in other countries about out of country/continent contests, customs and gambling.

Now consider this an unofficial warning because all of last night and today you have been flooding your negativity in the topics which isn't fair to the other members of this forum who are/have been trying to praise LP/LPU for attempting to get more in touch with us/the fans.

Thank you.

or just STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

You've had the problem explained to you numerous times now but you're still sitting there saying "ohmygod i hate this its always usa what the hell shit".

thats enough soldier.