Blackbirds on the upcoming tour?

tschenneck

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of Across The Line, Not Alone, and Blackbirds, I think Blackbirds has the highest chance of being played live, because it's being officially released through Apple.

I'm not predicting if it will or won't be played though. I guess Not Alone was officially released through them too but that was just a different situation.

i think its funny how no one has even heard the song at all besides the 15secs and already people are saying its fast or slow lolol

Lmao amen to that, I'm waiting to hear the full song to make final judgements, but it's def got a better chance of being played live than Across The Line and mayb Not Alone.

Lmao amen to that, I'm waiting to hear the full song to make final judgements, but it's def got a better chance of being played live than Across The Line and mayb Not Alone.

id rather hear not alone in a piano version over PMA piano anyday. its gotten old

Across The Line would be epic live idc what anyone says. But blackbirds ayee itd be good just to see another new song live

id rather hear not alone in a piano version over PMA piano anyday. its gotten old

Across The Line would be epic live idc what anyone says. But blackbirds ayee itd be good just to see another new song live

I'm pretty sure Not Alone will be played once or twice similar to Qwerty, Blackbirds I can't say for sure yet. Across The Line, unless LP pulls a Muse and has a poll on their vote for setlists then doubt it.

i think its funny how no one has even heard the song at all besides the 15secs and already people are saying its fast or slow lolol

Unless they do something UBER crazy (ex. New Divide Bridge, Not Alone Outro [Joe Han FTW]) then this will be a faster song. The beat in the 18 second clip is faster than LOATR, VD, My December, She Couldn't, Numb, and SOTD (aka slow LP songs). It would fit perfect at the beginning with some of the faster ones. At least I'm not saying it is gonna be a great song or anything yet like some people. I'm waiting on the song to be leaked before I do that (No iPhone/iPad). :(

Edited by LPFreak64

I like them to keep Blackbirds of the set for 2010. And play either ATL or NA. We still havent heard BB in full it might not sound good live? But i think keep BB out of sets and chuck it in when they're filming for a live DVD/CD (Of course they will be practicing the track, but keeping it for something like that really makes people want it more since its the first actual live performance.

This is Linkin Park we're talking about here, not Tool. 15 seconds is more than enough to make a judgement on the song's tempo, which is pretty run of the mill.

Not Alone = 5% chances

ATL = 40% chances

and

Blackbird = 90% chances it sounds great. i think it will be great live. i doubt about drums though.?!

but mike sounds great even joe (pre MTM member)'s work is great. :)

Total opposite of the reality of the situation here - Not Alone is the only one of the three that stands ANY chance whatsoever of being played live, it was part of a huge promotional effort on the band's part to raise awareness of the situation in Haiti, and even had a music video. No matter how good Across the Line and Blackbirds are, the blunt truth is that they're rejects - they didn't make Minutes to Midnight because the band didn't think they were good enough. Why would the thought of playing them live ever cross their mind? 90% of the audience at a Linkin Park show (perhaps even more) wouldn't give a shit about them playing a song from a fan club CD or a song that was an unlockable track in an iPhone app. "That's nice...play Bleed it Out!" - attitude of the average concert-goer after hearing a song they aren't familiar with.

If the band thought Blackbirds deserved to be played live, they would have put it on Minutes to Midnight, or at least waited less than 3 years before releasing it as an afterthought. I don't get why people bring up this topic every time a b-side/previously unreleased track comes out - 95% of the time, there's no chance of it being played live. And even if they are, look how long QWERTY and Reading My Eyes lasted in LP's live sets. The last non-single, non-album track to be played live with any regularity was the piano version of My December. Before that, you have to go all the way back to My December and It's Goin' Down being played regularly in the first half of 2004 (or the medley from the second half of 2004, if you want to get technical).

It's time to wake up, guys. If a song isn't either A) an album song, or B) a song that received substantial commercial promotion, the chances of LP playing it live are slim to none.

Astat you make some good points, but listening to that 17 second clip, Blackbirds wouldnt fit the album flow. Remember MTM flows from song to song. Blackbirds wouldnt fit it. So they waited to release it on its own in a special way (Now they have it). Playing it live can also promote 8-Bit Rebellion. But if we were able to vote for which of the 3 to be played (Blackbirds, Across The Line, Not Alone) Blackbirds would get most of the votes. It what us hardcore fans have wanted for a long time! Mike rapping with Chester singing. Across The Line is catchy but too repititive to be played live. Not Alone would fit the set but would get boring after awhile. Maybe they can switch up the Points intro/outro and Chester sings lines from these songs over them... Just a thought.

What Astat said should be common sense to everyone...Across the Line pretty much has no chance of ever being played, if we're lucky Mike will rap Blackbirds over the POA intro, considering that song remains in the set, and Not Alone MIGHT be played. That's about it.

Exactly. ATL & BB have as much chance as No roads left, ASP, lockjaw or ANY of the non-album tracks.

If they ever are played, it'll be a random, one of performance. If that. Certainly not in the regular sets.

Even if QwERTY & RME popped up every now and then, they certainly didn't last long.