Mike's Top 3 DSP's

hahninator

Mike recently posted on his blog about the new LP Archives recordings that are now available.

He said:

"Don't know which to get? Try Atlanta GA, August 2007. Maybe Madison Square Garden, 2/21/2008

(with a guest appearance from Jay-Z). Maybe Osaka, August 2009...So many good ones to choose from."

Atlanta! That was my first LP show...that's great that Mike mentioned that one. Osaka is a good one as well...the Japanese crowds are amazing. What are your top few favorite DSP's?

He also said, "Fans have been asking for it, so here it is: a full online catalog of our live performance recordings from 2007-2009." Well, not FULL (we're missing everything pre-Projekt Revolution 2007, a few random 2007 shows, the entire European summer tour in 2008 and a few 2009 shows) exactly...haha.

Hopefully they continue to use this method to sell shows in the future.

LOL he said Atlanta... epic Hahninator win that is^^

Great show. First time for WID chorus singalong I think...Chaz nailed the 30 second FTI scream, Papercut was nasty, ITE had the a capella bridge for one of the first times...LOUD CROWD on it, OSC intro was unique, band was just on fire. #1 version of TLTGYA ever played in my opinion...just a lot of stuff went right to make it an epic show lol

I'm dissapointed with Michael Kenji =(

he's telling us that we should give warner 30 dollars for 3 shows that we must get for free

this isnt fair man.

for once i agree with you

and wtf at mike attaching New Divide from Sonisphere. IMO makes no sense as you CAN'T buy it lol

but every DSP has it's own different note, so you can't really dicide which is the best ;)

+1, Each show has its own little unique twist. Whether it be a mistake, talking to the crowd, stuffing about (Refering to that little piece Brad started a bit after Chester broke his wrist, which Rob added to). Also the broken wrist lol. Each show has something that the others dont, but at the same time everything the others have also

but every DSP has it's own different note, so you can't really dicide which is the best ;)

This. Mine would be Atlanta '07 at Projekt Revolution because it is also my first Linkin Park show but also because it has been the best show I have ever seen them put on ever. My 2nd would be Nashville '08, but that's just because I was there on the barricade in front of Phoenix.

Edited by LPFreak64

hopefully they'll make the pre ProRev 07 shows available, if they recorded 'em. And I'm sure they have some recordings of shows before 2007, I'd love to get some of those.

I don't have any favourite DSP tbh, I most times listen to audience recordings... ^^

He mentioned MSG my first show too XD.

My top 3 would have to be.

1. MSG 08 (my show, AFPMH!!!!!!, MY DECEMBER!!!! Jay-Z!!)

2. Stuttgart 09 (DBS Live Debut, First time High Voltage verse 1 was played since 01, Reading My Eyes, and amazing performances of New Divide and Faint.)

3. Ohio 07 (great energy, intro / outro debuts, the famous 21 hit POA outro, and one of the best performances of QWERTY in 07.)

He also said, "Fans have been asking for it, so here it is: a full online catalog of our live performance recordings from 2007-2009." Well, not FULL (we're missing everything pre-Projekt Revolution 2007, a few random 2007 shows, the entire European summer tour in 2008 and a few 2009 shows) exactly...haha.

Mike edited his post about that "missing shows part":

EDIT: This is the full catalog of everything we've got. I know there are some missing shows. That's because some shows weren't able to be recorded for various reasons (things like technical difficulties or limitations by the venue, etc.).

I think it's clear enough now that we will probably never get those shows, or at least most of them :-/

I need pictures of 2008 Winter European Tour

27.01.2008 Manchester, England, MEN Arena, Winter European Tour

21.02.2008 New York City, NY, Madison Square Garden, North American Arena Tour

25.02.2008 Lexington, KY, Rupp Arena, North American Arena Tour

only pictures,can someone upload these pictuers? Big thx!

HLEP ME...

We get so much misleading info about the DSP's it's incredible.

I was told all of Europe 08 was recorded and the reason it wasn't released is because they couldn't mix them on the road due to the touring schedule. They were mixed after the fact. Dunno why they aren't released lol.

I don't understand why the fuck Bamboozle 2007 isn't coming out either if it was RECORDED FOR MTV2.

maybe cuz the show is licensed to MTV2? Maybe LP doesn't have the rights to distribute it due to MTV or Bamboozle.

• 2 weeks later...

10 dollars for a post 2006 show is a total ripoff. They played just about the same setlist from 2007-2009.

Hmm, let's test that theory...

Songs played on the Meteora touring cycle:

Papercut

One Step Closer

With You

Points of Authority

Crawling

Runaway

By Myself

In the End

A Place for My Head

Pushing Me Away (Piano version)

Foreword

Don't Stay

Somewhere I Belong

Lying From You

Hit the Floor

Easier to Run

Faint

Figure.09

Breaking the Habit

From the Inside

Nobody's Listening

Session

Numb

P5HNG ME A*WY

FRGT/10

My December

My December (Piano version)

It's Goin' Down

Hip-Hop Medley

Wish

QWERTY

Reading My Eyes

Total: 32 songs played over a span from February of 2003 to August of 2006.

Songs played on the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle:

Papercut

One Step Closer

Points of Authority

Crawling

Runaway

In the End

A Place for My Head

Cure for the Itch

Pushing Me Away

Foreword

Don't Stay

Somewhere I Belong

Lying From You

Faint

Breaking the Habit

From the Inside

Session

Numb

Wake

Given Up

Leave Out All the Rest

Bleed it Out

Shadow of the Day

What I've Done

Hands Held High

No More Sorrow

Valentine's Day

In Between

In Pieces

The Little Things Give You Away

My December (piano version)

QWERTY

Reading My Eyes

We Made It

New Divide

Total: 35 songs played over a span from March 2007 to August 2009.

Not only did LP play more songs on the MTM cycle than the Meteora cycle, they did so in far less of a time span. So once again, your argument makes no sense. I also find it HILARIOUS that you would argue LP "played the same setlist all the time" starting in 2007 when 2007 was when they started the rotating sets - Up until then, if you went to two shows on a Linkin Park tour, barring unusual circumstances, you were almost guaranteed to see the same setlist.

Is there any MTV2 footage of songs from that show?

Nope. And generally speaking, MTV2 covers Bamboozle every year but there is hardly any actual proshot footage of the performances that gets aired on television - Most of their coverage is backstage stuff, interviews, stuff like that, and if there is any live footage, it's usually filmed from the crowd and doesn't have SBD audio on it.