Lots of New JK

Subs

Well, that's not really a fair comparison :lol: SOB would technically be the rap equivalent of JK, since SOB + MS = FM and JK + CB = DBS.

It's all in the math :D

You have a point but I just want you all to take notice that Chester is in fact also considered a member of Julien-K! Just ask one of the JK members about it and they will tell you! Just look at their biography on their MySpace site and you get the idea:

Julien-K was originally formed in 2003 by Orgy guitarists Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh, and now consists of Anthony “Fu” Valcic, Brandon Belsky, Chester Bennington, and Elias Andra. We are a remixing and production team, as well as two live bands – Julien-K and Dead by Sunrise. As DJ's we are JK DJS.

I would like to get a JK forum on this site.

Yes, that would be awesome! I mean, there's already a JK Live Guide, so I think a separate forum would be great as well!

Edited by immortalsoul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simma down, JK fanboys. Make all the excuses you want, but random JK b-sides have nothing to do with Linkin Park. And you can't compare it to DBS or FM, because Linkin Park members are actually IN those bands.

JK are 2nd cousins to LP, at best. If Chaz produces a record, or plays a live show, that's cool. But just because the admin have a hard on for Ryan Shuck doesn't mean we need to know every time he takes a shit. If you're going to suck the teet of JK based on their supposed affilitation, be fair about it, and cover all of the other irrelevant news from LP's past.

Mike remixed tracks for Depeche Mode and Metric, but I don't see any info about either of those bands here. There's not 40 updates a week about Holly Brook or Camp Freddy, either.

It's cool that you guys are passionate about JK, but dont bait-and-switch LP fans who come here for LP news. Make a seperate forum, or a seperate site. Please and thanks. I'm sure you'll understand all of my points, and ban me as a result lol .

I think this forum is too big to have this annoying problems...

I think the newwire is only to LP DBS or FM the other bands need a Thread with his own news and thats it...

I love JK and SOB too but this is LP Live not LPDBSFMJKSOBGBClive.net ...

Sorry guys...

I think that the site is whatever the fuck Mark/Jonas/the rest of the staff want it to be. Jesus Christ people ...

If you don't want to read it, then shut the fuck up and don't read it, how fucking hard is that to understand?

For you to come in here and post "this isn't a JK site," is fucking ridiculous. When you put as much time and money into the site as Mark does, then, AND ONLY THEN, can you start dictating what you want on the site. Until that time, please stop bitching about every little thing like you own the place, because you don't ...

When it comes down to it, Mark and Jonas own the site, and they trust the staff, including the mods, to post news as they see fit. Don't like it? WHO GIVES A SHIT?!?! Move on to some other site and bitch there, because, and I think I speak for the majority of the real contributors of this site, we don't want you here, go play fanboy on the LP.com messageboards ...

/rant

I think that the site is whatever the fuck Mark/Jonas/the rest of the staff want it to be. Jesus Christ people ...

If you don't want to read it, then shut the fuck up and don't read it, how fucking hard is that to understand?

For you to come in here and post "this isn't a JK site," is fucking ridiculous. When you put as much time and money into the site as Mark does, then, AND ONLY THEN, can you start dictating what you want on the site. Until that time, please stop bitching about every little thing like you own the place, because you don't ...

When it comes down to it, Mark and Jonas own the site, and they trust the staff, including the mods, to post news as they see fit. Don't like it? WHO GIVES A SHIT?!?! Move on to some other site and bitch there, because, and I think I speak for the majority of the real contributors of this site, we don't want you here, go play fanboy on the LP.com messageboards ...

/rant

Reason for edit: corre

So, if the are the owners of this site they have the chance to make everything they wont with the site ?

ok... :D

I think forum is : meeting or opportunity for an exchange of views.

Education forum may be to contribute to education through research and debate.

for you is: I think that the site is whatever the fuck Mark/Jonas/the rest of the staff want it to be. Jesus Christ people ...

take it easy boy... :)

Simma down, JK fanboys. Make all the excuses you want, but random JK b-sides have nothing to do with Linkin Park. And you can't compare it to DBS or FM, because Linkin Park members are actually IN those bands.

JK are 2nd cousins to LP, at best. If Chaz produces a record, or plays a live show, that's cool. But just because the admin have a hard on for Ryan Shuck doesn't mean we need to know every time he takes a shit. If you're going to suck the teet of JK based on their supposed affilitation, be fair about it, and cover all of the other irrelevant news from LP's past.

Mike remixed tracks for Depeche Mode and Metric, but I don't see any info about either of those bands here. There's not 40 updates a week about Holly Brook or Camp Freddy, either.

It's cool that you guys are passionate about JK, but dont bait-and-switch LP fans who come here for LP news. Make a seperate forum, or a seperate site. Please and thanks. I'm sure you'll understand all of my points, and ban me as a result lol .

This right here is what makes my job as a mod so much fun. The vast majority of the users here are fine with the content, and the decisions that the staff makes. But there's the small minority that chooses to complain about every single little thing, and guess what? It gets old really fucking quickly.

If you don't like the content here, and the hard work that we as the staff and moderators put into finding it for you, then leave, no one is going to stop you. The door is that way ----->

Sorry if this isn't the right topic for that, but I think there are too much JK information on lpl since the last few weeks. When I want to know anything about JK than I'll go to a JK fansite and not to lpl. It's annoying, sorry. Please stop posting news of JK!

i agree

is like post about justin bieber in a michael jackson's fan site

Just stop posting shit full stop. Then what the fuck are the bitches going to moan about? Nothing being posted. Staff cant win when the forum has parasites who just fucking winge because they're not getting any small bit of LP news. Well i you're in luck! I have some LP news, recently today Dave got up, made a coffee, and took a mean ass bogan crap in the bushes.

Now if something like that was posted would you still complain? Its not directly LP news, its just news of a member. Much like JK, GBC, SOB. Mike is connected with the boys in GBC and SOB. Chester is apart of JK, even the JKRMX. So my piece of advice to all those who find it amusing to post random bullshit at every piece of news. Make a thread for all your bitching, and pull your heads out your arse's and smell the fresh air instead of your rectom.

Nuff said.

... and I will go on with posting Julien-K news :)

I don't think this needs a need thread, so I wanted to update this thread:

As you might know, a remix CD called Death To Digital was included into the Limited US Edition of the album.

Now, a special compilation called Death To Digital X (the X thereby stands for "eXtra") will be released via iTunes soon which includes the known remixes of DTD and also some new and never-before-heard remixes, e.g. a new iPunk remix of the song "Systeme de Sexe" (this had been confirmed by iPunk himself) and probably the Franz + Shape version of "Futura" as well as a "Dreamland" remix.

A special instrumental EP of Death To Digital will also be out via Beatport.com soon!

As of now, there aren't any specific release dates but I think both releases will be out through Amir's and Fu's own label Circuit Freq Records.

Here's the cover:

Posted Image

Edited by immortalsoul

Another new post by Ryan in the JKMB revealed the following:

we have about 7 songs really close to done. another 10 on the burner (we haven't got to totally work on them yet)... they are all dark and cool - but quite different than DTA....

we are not putting out an EP..

much more musical - more melodic vocals... some are total electro, and a few are very heavy guitar/heavy synth...

RS

Source: JKMB