...?

hahninator

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erm..what? you're serious about that? somebody had the patience to add a few hundred setlists? any way to contact the people at setlist.fm and tell them to remove the setlists?

Why would they remove the setlists? Everyone is eligible to post the setlists on the net. But be aware, this one is still the number one news/information page considering LP/DBS/JK.

the guy copied only the setlists no more!!

Well, if the guy copied only the setlists, doesn't the band have the "full rights" to those? I mean they put up pictures of the setlists within the DSP's after all. I would say it's free game. In my opinion, if he copied the show notes and all that it would be a completely different issue.

Edit:

To Nameless, Liz sure is a wonderful lady. ;)

Edited by rav0k

Well, if the guy copied only the setlists, doesn't the band have the "full rights" to those? I mean they put up pictures of the setlists within the DSP's after all. I would say it's free game. In my opinion, if he copied the show notes and all that it would be a completely different issue.

in my opinoin it isn't a big deal for me to copy the setlists as long as the credits go to the page where you got the setlists from and the guy did it!

anyway a lot of sites already tried to copy LPL so this is really nothing new^^

but the most other pages don't give the credits to us, so i'm fine with it ;)

in my opinoin it isn't a big deal for me to copy the setlists as long as the credits go to the page where you got the setlists from and the guy did it!

anyway a lot of sites already tried to copy LPL so this is really nothing new^^

but the most other pages don't give the credits to us, so i'm fine with it ;)

I know what you mean man, but it's almost like asking for credits on a royalty free sound clip. You put it out to share with the world (which is highly appreciated!), you aren't asking for profit, it's really fair game once you put it up there. :(

Edit: I also understand that you are cool with it, I'm just pointing out what law covers from what I know. Of course, I'm not majoring in law school. I just pretty much gather that everything on this site except the design is pretty much free for everyone to use.

Edited by rav0k

kind of like how it defeats the purpose of, you know, selling DSPs when you can just share them for free....

No? You know logically not every person can follow the shows they want to by having to buy them all, lol. Doesn't defeat the purpose at all; tons of people have bought them and will buy them. I bought every show of LP's I've been to (9), and I grabbed all the Australian shows (9). They are DRM-free mp3s and advertised as such. Easily over $100 just for those shows just from me.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20178488,00.html

The MP3s won't be copy- protected, making it relatively easy for freeloaders to find them on the Web. But like the Grateful Dead before them, Linkin Park don't mind if fans share their live recordings. ''I would rather they trade these high-quality mixes of a song on really special nights than swap links to crappy YouTube clips off somebody's cell phone,'' Shinoda says, chuckling. ''Which always sounds like s---!''

You can't be telling me people are legit getting upset over people DL'ing shows that buy every product available, lol.

oh yeah.. LAWYERED!

?

No? You know logically not every person can follow the shows they want to by having to buy them all, lol. Doesn't defeat the purpose at all; tons of people have bought them and will buy them. I bought every show of LP's I've been to (9), and I grabbed all the Australian shows (9). They are DRM-free mp3s and advertised as such. Easily over $100 just for those shows just from me.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20178488,00.html

The MP3s won't be copy- protected, making it relatively easy for freeloaders to find them on the Web. But like the Grateful Dead before them, Linkin Park don't mind if fans share their live recordings. ''I would rather they trade these high-quality mixes of a song on really special nights than swap links to crappy YouTube clips off somebody's cell phone,'' Shinoda says, chuckling. ''Which always sounds like s---!''

QFT. ;)

I never said anyone was getting upset. I just think this thread is ironic. Cause it is. Mike said he'd rather you trade shows than trade youtube links because they sound better. He doesn't say, "yeah you guys have free rein to post these for download." This article is also before all the shows were made available.

Whatever. I'm over it.

PS - Lawyered: watch "How I Met Your Mother"

Seriously not trying to be an asshole guys. Just telling you how I feel about the situation. I'm not speaking on behalf of LP right now, I'm speaking on behalf of myself. I think the logic of this website is completely ridiculous sometimes. Can't make everyone happy. Sorry.