New Album: Mix between MTM & HT!

vyonizr

in his description of the new lp album there's a contradiction! in hybrid theory there were plenty of metal elements and in mtm there were less but there were some influences of metal in songs like given up, bleed it out, no more sorrow and no roads left!

so how in the world could a mixture of both albums be heavy without metal??

Oh now one thing comes in my mind! maybe he doesn't want the fans to have to high hopes for nu metal to return. may be he gave the without metal statement because of this.

but i strongly hope that there will be metal elements in the new album, not nu metal but alternative metal or rap metal elements!

EDIT: or industrial metal elements like in reanimation, would be pretty great too =)

Edited by Blackened_Deather

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, hit the nail on the coffin. Chester needs to get over it and focus on LP. This thing was horribly promoted, no website, no real tour configuration (especially in US), etc. It was a big fuck up and he needs to be focused on LP.

DBS is not Linkin Park. Is has nothing to do with Linkin Park. It was not a fuck up. You are a fuck up.

so how in the world could a mixture of both albums be heavy without metal??

Listen to some Nine Inch Nails and the song Come To Daddy from Aphex Twin.

Heavy without "metal". (Unless you count the metal as industrial sounds :P )

You can make some heavy music without having a guitar, bass, drums and a turntable. It's 100% possible.

Edited by rav0k

You can make some heavy music without having a guitar, bass, drums and a turntable. It's 100% possible.

Yeah look at Apocalyptica. They are fucking cellos :blink:

chester told the album this year, mike told the album for next year, damn, i don't know who is right ¬¬

about dbs album, i really don't liked, i listened two or three times, and i give up, is not a good album

and the album isn't so flopped

Dead By SunriseOut Of Ashes124500124500

124k is really much for an artist which don't have site, music videos, music in radios, etc

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

but still a bad album for me, i will not like "just because is a chester bennington album", i don't liked because the album sounds bad to me

chester told the album this year, mike told the album for next year, damn, i don't know who is right ¬¬

about dbs album, i really don't liked, i listened two or three times, and i give up, is not a good album

and the album isn't so flopped

Dead By SunriseOut Of Ashes124500124500

124k is really much for an artist which don't have site, music videos, music in radios, etc

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

but still a bad album for me, i will not like "just because is a chester bennington album", i don't liked because the album sounds bad to me

They do have music videos and some airplay.

LP did not over-hype TLGYA. That song was truly EPIC! Just because it wasn't heavy guitar banging and screaming like people were expecting doesn't make it any less epic. Maybe people need to re-define their definition of epic. heavy guitar chords and riffs with screaming doesn't equal a good song.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I like the rest of the CD just fine (read: yes, even "In Between"). They built up TLTGYA to be like this most-awesome song ever. It was fine, sends a message, etc.; I didn't feel like it had lived up to whatever they were hyping it to be. Sorry if I don't find every song by LP outstanding; maybe it's the fact I listen to other music besides LP.

the rock music actualy sucks, lp was the best band of 00 generation so far, so i want new music of them, because other bands which i like or are split or reseleased albuns in 08/09 or are too old, sad

i rather listen taylor swift and rihanna than listen the actual rock scene (including dbs)

the rock music actualy sucks, lp was the best band of 00 generation so far, so i want new music of them, because other bands which i like or are split or reseleased albuns in 08/09 or are too old, sad

i rather listen taylor swift and rihanna than listen the actual rock scene (including dbs)

You judge music based on how old the members of the band are? You are right, sad indeed.

I kinda agree with rav0k

People need to listen music because it feels right, or when it gives you some kind of feeling etc.

age doesn't matter(, atleast not for me)

Except when you are The Who performing during the half time show

That's right.Also A Perfect Circle can get heavy without metal..listen to The Outsider-Apocalypse Mix

Edited by VavourasLP

You judge music based on how old the members of the band are? You are right, sad indeed.

no, i judge in quality, the actual rock bands (i will not talk names), are horrible, or all bands sound the same thing, or all bands have bad sound at least for me

no, i judge in quality, the actual rock bands (i will not talk names), are horrible, or all bands sound the same thing, or all bands have bad sound at least for me

That just means you're more of a pop fan than a rock fan. There are a lot of great rock bands out there. You probably only listen to top 40 stuff judging by your username.

Except when you are The Who performing during the half time show

To be fair, the original members aren't even there anymore.

That just means you're more of a pop fan than a rock fan. There are a lot of great rock bands out there. You probably only listen to top 40 stuff judging by your username.

There's a lot of truth to this regarding a LOT of people. They listen to the radio and assume that's what rock music is about. Anything that's hot on the radio is usually easy listening to sell to the public, if you are wanting something with more soul to it, you gotta search. :P

That's right.Also A Perfect Circle can get heavy without metal..listen to The Outsider-Apocalupse Mix

Damn dude! That song is sick! :lol:

Edited by rav0k

tell me about good rock bands from 2000 to now, i don't know

Edited:

Wow, from 2000+? You narrowed a big list there!

Anyways, here are some bands from 2000+ that you might like:

Defined as Rock:

(2000)Wolfmother (had to grow on me)

(2000)Hurt

(2001)Audioslave

(2003)Arcade Fire

(2008)Scars on Broadway

Defined as Nu-Metal/Death Metal:

(2000)Otep

(2001)Adema

(2009)Flymore (obvious ripoff of Korn but sound cool)

Defined as Pop-Rock/Pop-Punk/Alternative/Screamo:

(2001)Tokio Hotel (had to grow on me as well)

(2004) Circa Survive (Pointed out by FaiNt)

(2010?) Lower Definition (Pointed out by FaiNt)

There are a lot of great bands out there that you shouldn't shut off simply because they are pre-2000. Most of the bands I REALLY love started out in the 90's and still put out great music.

Edited by rav0k

tell me about good rock bands from 2000 to now, i don't know

Linkin Park,Muse,Audioslave,A Perfect Circle,Alterbridge,Rise Against,Three Days Grace,Incubus,3 Doors Down,Foo Fighters.. see?mainstream doesnt have to be bad music.

but still the most epic-est era of rock music was the 90s.

Linkin Park,Muse,Audioslave,A Perfect Circle,Alterbridge,Rise Against,Three Days Grace,Incubus,3 Doors Down,Foo Fighters.. see?mainstream doesnt have to be bad music.

but still the most epic-est era of rock music was the 90s.

Muse's debut was in 1999. Incubus's debut was 1995. Foo Fighter's was 1995. Still great bands who hit it huge in the 2000s.