Music For Relief In Texas

hahninator

Music For Relief is looking for volunteers who live in or could travel to San Marcos, TX on November 14, 15 or 16, if you want to be a volunteer send email to whitney@musicforrelief.org.

Any ideas what this is for? The last time they asked for volunteers was for what turned out to be Mike's Art Show, Glorious Excess: Born. However, it seems unlikely that the art show is out on the road since Mike has said that he doesn't plan to take it anywhere else. What could this be? Is Linkin Park playing three random shows in Texas in November? I wonder what's going on? Is this just a random helping-out kind of ordeal?

Lastly, what do you guys think of a wiki? A Linkin Park wiki. What do you think of LPLive working with LPProjekt.com, a site run by our good friend JNudda, on a wiki? Once they crank out their new version, LPProjekt 2.0, we have some plans to work with them on a new Linkin Park wiki, exclusive to these two sites. Would you guys be willing to work on it with us and fill it all in?

Question of the day for you guys - What's your favorite performance of 'Breaking The Habit' live? Remember the performances such as Rock am Ring 2004, Live 8 2005, Webster Hall, etc. Perhaps you liked it when it was first webcasted at KROQ 2003. Maybe you liked the version on the grand piano on the Meteora World Tour in 2004. Personally, I'll have to go with the Rock am Ring 2004 performance, which is still my favorite performance of any Linkin Park track played live yet. Check that out here:

. Looking forward to reading some good replies on this.

Sorry it's a slow news month, but we're trying!

I was just going to clarify why I like BTH from RaR04 so much.

Chester's voice was the absolute best it ever was in that period from Glasgow 2004 to Sao Paulo 2004 in my opinion. He was very strong and you can see it reflected really well on BTH from that period. At RaR, the proshot is excellent. The entire band is into the song. They're all bobbing their heads, Brad is fucking singing, Mike is rocking out on the keys, etc. Very nice. Chester absolutely destroys the bridge and the ending - I've never seen him give it so much on the last chorus than at Rock am Ring 2004. Everything flowed perfectly, and while I like the medley of BTH/Numb on PR04 and BTH from Live 8, I like BTH from RaR04 the most.

I love BTH from RAR04 too, but also i love BTH from Summer Sonic 06 shows, pretty neat... that was the end of the best voice of chester, since Summer Sanitarium 03 til SS06 chester gave so much shit, always singing perfect. MTM cycle is other story

if i lived in the states i would volunteer for the MFR thing on the off chance that its for a show and that volunteering would get me in for free lol.

BTH was fucking GUN at RaR04, but i also like the new version with the Accapella ending, its sick. I dont like the piano intros to it. While we are on the subject, for a good year i heard that Chester had a tough life, sexual abused etc. and so was addicted to heroine and cocaine etc. and thats why he wrote BTH, but iv also read that its untrue, i dunno which to believe, i know at first CHaz didnt sing BTH and that would explain why...please clear this up!

rar 2004 was so far the best, in my opinion, chester had the best voice until that year, after his voice start fade. he can sing well, but not so than like 2003, 2004, maybe cigars, alcohol, drugs, all this things destroyed his voice, is a shame, because his voice is a good voice, he can sing almost all kinds of music, everything will fit well to him, to rock even country will sound good with he singing, but he wasted, i don't know how, but wasted, with bad things, he need care more to not lose the rest of voice which left

and i think which lp will do some mfr concerts in november, but in us, maybe to get money to replace which they spent without the asia concerts

'Breaking the Habit'? uhh... i have to admit that it is my very least favorite live song. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif it is just weird for me - it's not a typical ballad (the drums are pretty fast actually) but it's also not a typical rock song because there is just no energy on the guitars! so i basically don't know what to do on that song when i'm on the audience. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

i generally don't like the guitar part and i'm pretty sure Brad is really bored while playing it. even on the music video he's playing something different because the original part, used in a song, even looks boring, while is being played. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif i also don't like the whole strings arrangement - much worse than on 'No Roads Left' for example. so as you may expect - i don't have my favorite performances of 'Breaking the Habit'. i'm not saying it's a bad song - i think it just doesn't belong to the rest and doesn't fit to my taste.

I was just going to clarify why I like BTH from RaR04 so much.

Chester's voice was the absolute best it ever was in that period from Glasgow 2004 to Sao Paulo 2004 in my opinion. He was very strong and you can see it reflected really well on BTH from that period. At RaR, the proshot is excellent. The entire band is into the song. They're all bobbing their heads, Brad is fucking singing, Mike is rocking out on the keys, etc. Very nice. Chester absolutely destroys the bridge and the ending - I've never seen him give it so much on the last chorus than at Rock am Ring 2004. Everything flowed perfectly, and while I like the medley of BTH/Numb on PR04 and BTH from Live 8, I like BTH from RaR04 the most.

Couldn't agree more with u on that one :)

I never really took a good look at this performance. It's very very good.

Man, I've never seen the whole band being so in to the song. They all look like they could stand behind word Chester is singing, that is really awesome. Now I love this concert even more.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen them perform with this kind of feeling before.

Plus, everything is perfectly mixed. Bass isn't too loud as it usually is in these recordings. You can actually hear Joe.

And as you said. It cought my eye how much Brad was into it when he screamed along. Mike sang along on the "Breaking the Haaabit" part. Phoenix closes his eyes at times. Just really feels like they like the song.

Ouh, it makes me think of the little "No Roads Left" clip we have were they're recording it live in the studio. Most people are probably looking at Mike while he is singing. But if you look at Phi he is closing his eyes again, really makes it feel like he loves the song, even though it's dangourus to close your eyes while recording haha.

I love BTH from RAR04 too, but also i love BTH from Summer Sonic 06 shows, pretty neat... that was the end of the best voice of chester, since Summer Sanitarium 03 til SS06 chester gave so much shit, always singing perfect. MTM cycle is other story

I can't agree. at MTM's tour start Chester sang every show very well (Unitl PR07), just listen to Webster Hall or RAR07.

For me, best performance of Breaking The Habit is Summer Sonic '06.

I would also say the best BTH live be RAR04.

That show is just classic. They just did the whole show perfectly.

RAR07 and summer sonic version are second in my opinion.

The acapella outro of summer sonic version is really amazing.

Oh I totaly agree. The RaR 2004 Show is the best ever. The Breaking The Habit Performance was awesome!!! I also love the PR show in Berlin at Waldbühne this year. Breaking The Habit with acapella outro was amazing. I get still heebie-jeebies... (heebie-jeebies...sounds funny). But I have to mention I was there and had a M&G...I guess I am not looking at this objectively... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

About the wiki: This is a great idea. Finally we will have a encyclopedia which tell the truth. It would be a great pleasure to help....But you can see ... my english sucks... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif

I really like the RaR '04 performance, but my favourite has to be the early 2007 Projekt Revolution shows from the SBD's. Here's the reason why:

When Chester sings ''I'll paint it on the WAAAAAAAAAAALL!'' Shivers just comes down my spine. He almost screams, and puts so much emotion into it.

Gah! I live in San Marcos! Too bad band keeps me from 2 out of the 3 dates. We have a game that weekend. But I'm all over Sunday man! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also, I too would like to know where you got the info. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to know. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

I know this may be an unpopular choice, but I really like BTH from Toronto's Edgefest this year. I just like how Mike and Chester went and opened the show with a piano only version of the song.

I'm with you, i like Edgefest 2008 performance, i love how mike and chester played it, after all, i'm a pianist XDDDDD