Q/A with Jonas (AndOne)

Alexonlyalex

Hello,

since there is not much going on in LP world I thought it would be cool to make interviews with some of the most important people in the whole LP community.

For my very first interview I had the honor to get a Q/A interview from the very well known LPL staff member AndOne.

Some facts about Jonas:

One of the biggest traders in the whole LP community and taper.

Has attended 10 Linkin Park shows +1 Dead By Sunrise show.

Staff on LPL since the beginning.

Q: Many know you are a trader, could you give us a little overview about trading?

A: It's not what it used to be.

Q: Can you remember the first show you have ever traded?

A: That's a really tough one. I do remember that Orlando 2000 was the first live show I downloaded from some site back in 2002. I started trading in fall 2003. My first traded show might have been one of the New York Roseland Ballroom shows, but I'm not really sure about it. It's been a while.

Q: Do you also collect official LP stuff like CD's or books?

A: Yeah, I do. I started it when it got real boring about trading shows in 2005/2006. Too bad it's such a matter of money, especially if you want stuff like the Xero Tape.

Q: Was Linkin Park the band that got you into trading and collecting or were there other bands that brought you into this scene?

A: It started all with LP. Before that I had absolutely no idea such scene existed. But before I started I was probably too young to know about it.

Q: You have been at many lp shows and recently DBS, which one is your favourite?

A: The recent DBS show was a great experience. To meet all the people again I met this summer and to meet new people everytime through LPL.

I can't and don't want to compare DBS with LP...

My favourite LP show. That's a tough one. I really liked the Graz show this summer. Great show, great experience/trip and the people were loud as fuck. And it was a very very hot day too....

But my all time favourite is still Berlin 2007. M&G with the whole band, small intimate show, the setlist was a total surprise and of course the MtM song premieres.

Q: Lets talk about LPL, you are an admin since day 0, did you ever expect such a success of the site?

A: Never expected it to be that successful. I guess none of us did. It's amazing that we get so much attention and we are very thankful for that! I hope we can continue for many many years.

Q: Does LPL affect your real life, if yes, how?

A: It makes me spend quite some time in front of my PC, but otherwise it doesn't really affect it.

Currently it takes quite a lot of my spare time, because of the work on 4.0.

Q: You are a trader, collector, taper, admin at LPL. Is there anything else you want to reach in LP scene?

A: To work with/for LP, but that would be a cheesy answer.

Q: Can you give a little sneak peak on LPL 4.0 and tell us 1 new feature on the new version of the site?

A: A new feature, I personally really like is (and I bet you guys will like it too) that we will

have website themes you can switch around. If you get sick of the design you can change it. But you'll all see for yourselves soon enough.

I will release new interviews weekly, so stay tuned.

Brought you by LP-Collection.net

What does trading shows mean?

plz explain

trading taped shows or what?

It means exchanging one show for another.

For example I give you Show A, for which you give me Show B.

It could be Mail trading by VHS/CD/DVDs, or it could be online trading (which is more popular nowadays).

It means exchanging one show for another.

For example I give you Show A, for which you give me Show B.

It could be Mail trading by VHS/CD/DVDs, or it could be online trading (which is more popular nowadays).

so high quality taped shows right?video +audio, or audio only?

so high quality taped shows right?video +audio, or audio only?

It's not only high quality.

It can be a Proshot video shown on TV, or webcasted somewhere, or it could be an audience bootleg, that was recorded by fans, which is not always of a great quality.

And yes, it could be videos, and it could be audios only.

People do trade best possible quality of that show available most of the time. It means DVD (and not a avi, mkv, etc. rip from it), if it was recorded on cam, or from TV, or maybe original files from camera (if it's a HD cam, or digicam). In case of audio it's mainly songs in FLAC format, which is lossless.

• 1 month later...