LPU Chat with Rob!

Nameless

Rob chats are generally pretty boring so I probably won't attend this one. The only band member that I haven't done a chat with is Joe.

Derek and I are 99% sure the Rob chat before MTM dropped was a robot. Worst band chat I've ever been a part of. I don't think I've been in one with Joe either actually? Interesting.

I was getting pretty down on the Chester one info-wise until he said fuck it and stayed like 2+ hours for the fans. Epic. Mike is the all time hands down best band member for chats, he comes in with his lowercase awesomeness and spills out anything and everything.

I am looking for Rob to rebound off of his last bad LPU chat and give us a good one this time - I think he can do it! Info on the new album would be great.

Someone, please ask him how he keeps tight to the samples Linkin Park use live, I always wanted to know if he's using a click in his earmonitors or..?

LP has in ear monitors that are mixed just like Pooch mixes the live sound you hear at the shows. There is a separate in ear monitor guy that mixes them - he just mixes just what LP hears in their in ears.

Anyway than another person is responsible for the click tracks. Click tracks are started in the in ears for every song of the setlist except the piano songs (Pushing Me Away / My December / etc). The guy (Dylan) starts them and then LP comes in whenever they are ready. This is true for songs like Reading My Eyes and Valentine's Day too when it appears Rob starts the song, but the click track always comes first.

Dylan also gets a cue from Joe to start Cure For The Itch when it is in the encore and gets a cue from them to start the long intros (One Step Closer in 2007 & 2008, No More Sorrow, What I've Done, etc). Whoever is closest to him usually just gives him a cue, so it could be anyone in the band. Session is included in this.

On New Divide after Mike does his synth/keyboard intro, Dylan starts a click track, which lets Joe know when he should start the regular ND intro you hear.

So yes there are in ear monitors the band uses to start ALL of the songs except the keyboard (piano version) ones. Even Shadow Of The Day has a click track - in some live performances you can see Mike nodding his head to it before you even hear the intro to SOTD start, etc.

I found this idea completely idiotic from day 1, let alone almost 3 years later. A robot would not have known about Drum Song.

It's a complete joke is what the situation is, lol, we don't REALLY think he was a robot. But we do think Rob was sitting there and letting someone else do the typing for him, like how Naveen used to do it for Mike in the earlier days.

It's a complete joke is what the situation is, lol, we don't REALLY think he was a robot. But we do think Rob was sitting there and letting someone else do the typing for him, like how Naveen used to do it for Mike in the earlier days.

cmon guys

Rob

R-O-B

now add the letters 0 & T

R-O-B-O-T

LOL im so bored but hopefully he gives us better answers this time around

LP has in ear monitors that are mixed just like Pooch mixes the live sound you hear at the shows. There is a separate in ear monitor guy that mixes them - he just mixes just what LP hears in their in ears.

Anyway than another person is responsible for the click tracks. Click tracks are started in the in ears for every song of the setlist except the piano songs (Pushing Me Away / My December / etc). The guy (Dylan) starts them and then LP comes in whenever they are ready. This is true for songs like Reading My Eyes and Valentine's Day too when it appears Rob starts the song, but the click track always comes first.

Dylan also gets a cue from Joe to start Cure For The Itch when it is in the encore and gets a cue from them to start the long intros (One Step Closer in 2007 & 2008, No More Sorrow, What I've Done, etc). Whoever is closest to him usually just gives him a cue, so it could be anyone in the band. Session is included in this.

On New Divide after Mike does his synth/keyboard intro, Dylan starts a click track, which lets Joe know when he should start the regular ND intro you hear.

So yes there are in ear monitors the band uses to start ALL of the songs except the keyboard (piano version) ones. Even Shadow Of The Day has a click track - in some live performances you can see Mike nodding his head to it before you even hear the intro to SOTD start, etc.

Wow, that's very interesting! Where did you get this info?

Wow, that's very interesting! Where did you get this info?

I've talked to Pooch about it and he referred questions to Dylan on it, who has given me an in depth explanation of the in ear monitors and the process in which samples/click tracks are started live.

I've talked to Pooch about it and he referred questions to Dylan on it, who has given me an in depth explanation of the in ear monitors and the process in which samples/click tracks are started live.

well all i can say is if ppl ask shit that hasnt been asked then i try to pass it, however ppl keep reposting their questions multiple times so it makes my chat screen jump. Plus that chat software was NOT designed to hold over 100 ppl. After 100+ it starts to lag, then by like 150+ if your a mod just logging in, you magically have no means of using your mod mode functions because it wont load. The stop scroll function doesnt work and depending on how many users of a letter is on my screen will move smoothly or it jumps so bad and stays moving fast because ppl keep reposting their questions.Plus trying to pass questions with a chat screen moving is like duck hunt. Then you have the users who spam talk or start trying to flame mods. Chester and Mike chats are hardest to moderate because ppl like to spam their questions and the easily get 200+ ppl. Plus ppl try to ask person questions from the band. or get members mixed.

Why doesnt someone ask about a possible Audio release of Australia 07 or some other show..... Or even new live DVD/CD from like 04-07?? OR ask about possible setlists in 2010 (songs which could be dropped etc). Just my 2 cents....

Why doesnt someone ask about a possible Audio release of Australia 07 or some other show..... Or even new live DVD/CD from like 04-07?? OR ask about possible setlists in 2010 (songs which could be dropped etc). Just my 2 cents....

1. Way too god damn early for LP to decide on setlists for 2010. The album isn't even done, lol. Who knows what they'll do in 2010 - I hope we get a Hybrid Theory Anniversary Tour for at least part of the year and get the entire CD played live, but that's just me. Maybe 12 HT tracks and a compilation of new shit & singles from MTM & Meteora.

2. Australia 07 isn't going to be released.

3. A new live CD/DVD from 04-07. My two cents on that is that we need to ask Mike, Rob or whoever the fuck we can if LP can expand their DSP idea and start selling older shows. We know the band has recorded lots of previous shows - why not throw some up there like Metallica did. Even one from each year/tour would be epic. Imagine...PR02, PR03, LPU03, SS03, Nov03, Asia/Europe03, MWT04, Asia/Europe04, PR04, SS06. Epic.

holy shit mark your first point is an awesome idea, i would flip out if there would be an HT tour with all 12 songs, you're not alone with that, i totally second that :)

to point 3: yeah metallica did so it would be great to have LP doin this i would nearly kill for PR 04 audio realeases / video footage.

also, ill be trying to ask rob about the unreleased song, maybe he can give us some info

Edited by sckofelng