Out Of Ashes Bonus Tracks

hahninator

I forgot OOA was released in Germany yesterday and is being released in the US on Tuesday! Anyway, some of you have been asking about info on the bonus tracks.

The Billboard interview DBS did say this:

"The fledgling group will also offer fans some bonus material, including a cover of the Misfits' "20 Eyes" and acoustic renditions of the "Out of Ashes" songs, some of which will be available for download with the purchase of the album."

So I guess when you US fans buy the CD, it'll come with a card for downloads of these tracks? I wish we had more information on Dead By Sunrise...there's no official website, no announcements of some of their shows / radio appearances, no info on the bonus tracks with the CD. I don't even think we're getting a DVD with Out Of Ashes.

Anyone have any info out there?

there's a german site for DBS : www.dead-by-sunrise.de , but it's somehow in coorperation with my-artist.net .

It still has to be the official site, because a man from Warner told us that the proshot of the Hamburg concert will be on that site.

There's no clue about the extra tracks though, most likely because the german (and I guess it's the same as in all european countries) album came without any bonus stuff.

I hope for more extra tracks with the US-release. The only thing we have yet seems to be The Morning After as a japan bonustrack ^^

Wish I had more info on this for you guys, but unfortunately I don't. On Monday I'll see if I can find out anything else from Warner and management.

Seriously so stoked you guys are loving the record. Be sure to support the band and BUY THIS album when it's released! This isn't Linkin Park. They definitely need everyone's support!

Wish I had more info on this for you guys, but unfortunately I don't. On Monday I'll see if I can find out anything else from Warner and management.

Seriously so stoked you guys are loving the record. Be sure to support the band and BUY THIS album when it's released! This isn't Linkin Park. They definitely need everyone's support!

Thanks Adam for your response! Don't worry on Tuesday im going to buy the cd :). If theres a special edition ill buy that and the regular hehe.

nice, I hope you'll be able to give confirmation for acoustic bonus tracks. I love acoustic sessions!

I also bought the album, I'm sure it'll be a success. The music is good and kinda mainstream and will surely have some fans who don't listen to LP (at least not to HT and Meteora), but we'll see.

I guess I'll also buy the vinyl, just saw on amazon that there is one of OoA, sweet!

I'm shocked that DBS have been so half-assed in putting information out there for people. I would love to know if there will be the "special edition" with a DVD, or acoustic versions of tracks, and where to buy it all, but to not even have an official website is a dumb @#$%^ move in 2009. Whoever is in charge of marketing DBS needs a pink slip.

I'm shocked that DBS have been so half-assed in putting information out there for people. I would love to know if there will be the "special edition" with a DVD, or acoustic versions of tracks, and where to buy it all, but to not even have an official website is a dumb @#$%^ move in 2009. Whoever is in charge of marketing DBS needs a pink slip.

DBS has an official website, it's just not up yet.

DBS has an official website, it's just not up yet.

Yeah, I checked and the DeadBySunrise.com domain has been purchased, even though there's nothing but ads there right now as a parked domain.

And I'm buying the record at least twice Adam, so no worries on my end here.

I do really wanna know if there's gonna be a Special Edition though, and if it depends on where you buy the record for which bonus downloads you get (or if you get all the bonus downloads, no matter where you guy it).

I'm kind of pissed off that there isn't a DVD with the album...that's what I look forward to the most on any LP release. Plus, FM had one as well, no reason why DBS shouldn't have one. They should have at least had a deluxe edition or something.

I'm kind of pissed off that there isn't a DVD with the album...that's what I look forward to the most on any LP release. Plus, FM had one as well, no reason why DBS shouldn't have one. They should have at least had a deluxe edition or something.

Seconded. DVD = major incentive to buy the CD.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if the album is being re-released in like 6 months or so with some more bonus stuff (maybe the acoustic tracks, more live tracks, or "Morning After") or even a DVD (with the Hamburg pro-shot and maybe some backstage/studio footage). A lot of bands do something like that nowadays because - of course - they and their label profit from it a lot; especially more popular bands!

OUT OF ASHES and THE RISING TIED are such polar opposites it's incredible. Not just in the sound and who is involved, but in the (perceived) promotional efforts of both.

Fort Minor had the mixtape, Jay-Z as a producer, a club tour in the US, appeared on the Tonight Show, had a fan club, released a special edition of their album, an official (functioning) website and most important of all, constant updates from Mike.

I feel like the only time I hear anything about DBS, aside from this site, is when they post info about sponsor contests on Facebook. "Tweet to win!" isn't too exciting to me. The album comes out in under 48 hours and we still don't know if there is a special edition or DVD. All we know is that they cut their most well known track (Morning After) and relagated it to a B-side. Half-hour "full sets" don't help much, either.

I'm a very frustrated Chazy Chaz fan right now. I think he's stuck in the past with his promotional skills, just assuming he can toss a CD on the shelf and someone will buy it. Maybe Mike spoiled us with all his updates, info, and tech saviness a few years back.

Seconded. DVD = major incentive to buy the CD.

Not only that but I like to see how the album was made and a lot of the times they're funny. But whatever. Maybe Mike gets LP fans and what they like more than Chester does.

Not only that but I like to see how the album was made and a lot of the times they're funny. But whatever. Maybe Mike gets LP fans and what they like more than Chester does.

i went to hot topic today, im cool with one of the managers that works there, he says he isnt aware of getting any special or deluxe edtions of OoA. So im not sure whats going to happen there

i went to hot topic today, im cool with one of the managers that works there, he says he isnt aware of getting any special or deluxe edtions of OoA. So im not sure whats going to happen there

Yeah we're definitely not getting anything special with the album. Just the 12 song CD. I think the only bonus thing we'll ever have is Morning After (Album Version). Kind of sucks but oh well. Bring on LPU9 and the next LP album + touring cycle!!!