Out Of Ashes Bonus Tracks

hahninator

Yeah we're definitely not getting anything special with the album. Just the 12 song CD. I think the only bonus thing we'll ever have is Morning After (Album Version). Kind of sucks but oh well. Bring on LPU9 and the next LP album + touring cycle!!!

Adam, you find anything else out about this ?

Sucks that the Japanese import is almost 3x as much as the normal CD. I recommend you guys buy it from Best Buy because it's $10.

Let's hope Morning After (or some acoustic/cover b-sides) will be on the Let Down single.

Sucks that the Japanese import is almost 3x as much as the normal CD. I recommend you guys buy it from Best Buy because it's $10.

Let's hope Morning After (or some acoustic/cover b-sides) will be on the Let Down single.

True. I totally forgot that they could put 20 Eyes and acoustic stuff on singles. I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow at 10 to buy the album. I wonder if there will be exclusive best buy download content like some albums have. I believe LP did that with MTM and offered some third encore sessions.

this is a downer :(

oh well. We'll find out soon enough what the deal is. Maybe when the official website launches it will shed a little more light on the situation. I'll still buy the album, of course.

I live not far from a Nebraska Furniture Mart and they have it for $8.79 :D so I'll just take the ad in and best buy will do a price match.

OUT OF ASHES and THE RISING TIED are such polar opposites it's incredible. Not just in the sound and who is involved, but in the (perceived) promotional efforts of both.

Fort Minor had the mixtape, Jay-Z as a producer, a club tour in the US, appeared on the Tonight Show, had a fan club, released a special edition of their album, an official (functioning) website and most important of all, constant updates from Mike.

I feel like the only time I hear anything about DBS, aside from this site, is when they post info about sponsor contests on Facebook. "Tweet to win!" isn't too exciting to me. The album comes out in under 48 hours and we still don't know if there is a special edition or DVD. All we know is that they cut their most well known track (Morning After) and relagated it to a B-side. Half-hour "full sets" don't help much, either.

I'm a very frustrated Chazy Chaz fan right now. I think he's stuck in the past with his promotional skills, just assuming he can toss a CD on the shelf and someone will buy it. Maybe Mike spoiled us with all his updates, info, and tech saviness a few years back.

Well, I kinda dislike how all people are always comparing FM with DBS. Maybe FM had more to offer back then, and their promotion was better, but you also have to think about the fact that times have changed a lot from 2005 (when FM's debut was released) until now. The music business has become very unstable and rough, and there is no end in sight. Both major and indie labels have been greatly affected from the digital revolution and the tough climate in the biz, so I'm not surprised that they have to cut costs nowadays, also regarding promotion. Of course this still sucks for us fans but it's a fact that things aren't going well for labels right now. I know what I'm talking about, by the way, because I've been working in the promotion side of labels for quite some time now.

But instead of bitching about how weak the promotion for OOA is, I think we all should rather become active by ourselves and get the fucking word out about the album. It's the least we can do for a band as fans! Bands need the help of their fans more than ever today, especially when the official things don't work out as well as expected or as planned!