Random Media

hahninator

This is in no means an exclusive but I thought I'd do the whole thing where I post some media for those of you who haven't checked some of this out yet. Why not? Dead By Sunrise won't leak for another few days and I'm sure at least one person hasn't downloaded all of these, haha. Here's a bunch of stuff I found on my hard drive that some of you would possibly like.

First up is the Pts.Of.Athrty demo. You're all familiar with Pts.Of.Athrty from Reanimation. Last year the demo leaked from Jay Gordon on his website when he posted a list of demos, so if you haven't ever heard that, you can download it below. If you're familiar with State Of The Art, the track from DJ Lethal that we obtained a while back that features Chester, you might or might not know that we now have an UPGRADED version of the song. The previous version was low quality (96kbps, I believe)...now we have one that's definitely better...128kbps. It sounds like it's not that much of an improvement, but believe me, it's better. The original forum discussion on that track can be found here.

I posted She Couldn't again of course in case someone might have missed that one. I also linked the One Step Closer demo (Plaster) if you need that track still. Next up is the Humble Bros' FM Radio Edit Remix of One Step Closer. Maybe you've got that one, maybe you don't. I have no idea if that one's even legal to post but I don't think anyone will give a flying fuck about it so enjoy it...it's one of my favorite LP-related tracks out there. Mike's VMA 2005 scores are included too. Lastly, here's With You live from the 2001 Ozzfest CD. Hopefully a few of you enjoy these! Drop a comment if you like these tracks.

To download....Right click -> Save as...

Pts.Of.Athrty (Demo) - Download

State Of The Art (DJ Lethal feat. Chester) - Download

She Couldn't (1999 Demo) - Download page

Plaster (One Step Closer Demo) - Download

Humble Bros FM Radio Edit Remix of One Step Closer - Download

With You (Live from Ozzfest 2001) - Download

Mike's VMA 2005 Scores: 100 Degrees, Hype, Madison, Montreal, and Saturday.

For an added bonus, here's a picture of Mike, Styles Of Beyond and Jay-Z drunk at the VMA's in 2005 and here's an instrumental demo clip of Remember The Name from the Fort Minor website in early 2005.

Thanks to everyone for the exclusives (Nick you are great)...there's more to come, don't worry. Don't kill my bandwidth, but enjoy!

Random thought -

Im listening to With You from Ozzfest '01 after such a long time right now....and maybe it's just me, the LP "sound" back then was something else man. Like, even when they play the same songs now - A Place For My Head, Crawling, One Step Closer, With You....all of these and more, they tinkered so much with the whole "TONE", be it Brad's guitars and amps settings or the obvious change in the sound of Rob's drums since MTM happened....it just doesn't feel the same, the old songs i.e..

Does anyone else feel like that? Like I said, maybe it's just me. Im not saying it's bad NOW, they're great, but 2001 to 2004 was, I think, the best LP ever sounded live. Nothing to do with the musicianship, Brad isn't playing like shit at all, and Rob has actually upped his game....I just have qualms with the sound that they've picked up since the MTM touring cycle.

Random thought -

Im listening to With You from Ozzfest '01 after such a long time right now....and maybe it's just me, the LP "sound" back then was something else man. Like, even when they play the same songs now - A Place For My Head, Crawling, One Step Closer, With You....all of these and more, they tinkered so much with the whole "TONE", be it Brad's guitars and amps settings or the obvious change in the sound of Rob's drums since MTM happened....it just doesn't feel the same, the old songs i.e..

Does anyone else feel like that? Like I said, maybe it's just me. Im not saying it's bad NOW, they're great, but 2001 to 2004 was, I think, the best LP ever sounded live. Nothing to do with the musicianship, Brad isn't playing like shit at all, and Rob has actually upped his game....I just have qualms with the sound that they've picked up since the MTM touring cycle.

Translation:

Fresh band: Bust some ass and get some fans.

Pro band: Get yo moneyz.

They cared more about their sound then. Now they don't have to, they are making thousands. Just an observation I have made since 2001.

@rav0k -

I couldn't disagree more. Where the fuck did the money aspect pop out from dude? <_<

The sound, the "TONE" of the instruments, has changed a lot, guitars and drums especially. And that is just my own perception. Im not saying that anyone else has to feel that way. Money??? Well, who doesn't want it anyway? I would! And besides, the sound has got nothing to do with money. So all in all....it's just a stupid thing to say in the first place.

Edited by limpbizkitunderground

@rav0k -

I couldn't disagree more. Where the fuck did the money aspect pop out from dude? <_<

The sound, the "TONE" of the instruments, has changed a lot, guitars and drums especially. And that is just my own perception. Im not saying that anyone else has to feel that way. Money??? Well, who doesn't want it anyway? I would! And besides, the sound has got nothing to do with money. So all in all....it's just a stupid thing to say in the first place.

I personally think the drums sound a lot better now. The band as a whole is, as you said, also better now. They're a lot tighter.

Brad changed his amps from Marshall to Randall before the MtM touring cylcle. His distortion is a lot cleaner now, not as raw as back then.

While I normally prefer cleaner distortion, I think his new distortion lacks bass and fill. That's why his guitar sounds so low on live recordings. So all in all, his old amps fits the band better in my opinion.

I personally think the drums sound a lot better now. The band as a whole is, as you said, also better now. They're a lot tighter.

Brad changed his amps from Marshall to Randall before the MtM touring cylcle. His distortion is a lot cleaner now, not as raw as back then.

While I normally prefer cleaner distortion, I think his new distortion lacks bass and fill. That's why his guitar sounds so low on live recordings. So all in all, his old amps fits the band better in my opinion.

My comparison has always been that Brad's "full" distorted sound nowadays sounds about like what his "lo-fi" sound on the Meteora cycle sounded like. It just sounds like there should be somewhere more for it to go, but it never really does.

But that's pretty much what you get when you switch from using monster tube amps like Mesa Boogies and Marshalls to using modeling preamps. You sacrifice tone for convenience.

Which reminds me...Brad said quite a few times right after when MTM came out that he was going to be putting out a signature model amp emulator through Randall, whatever happened to that?

Edited by Astat

@rav0k -

Well, I don't understand why you complain about their new sound compared to their old..and then when I try to explain it you attack me. That's not very cool.

Money DOES matter.

A guitar at your local shop compared to a custom guitar you can make with anything you ever dreamed of is a big difference.

A half stack compared to a full stack (rows of those, mind you) is going to make all the difference.

Don't dare to forget about all the different pickups that exist and pedals you pick up along the way. They all affect your "tone" and "sound" as you are saying.

My argument was that now that LP is a big band, they don't care so much about energy as they do professionalism.

That still isn't the way I want to word it but I can't think of another way to say it. It's not that they don't have energy, it's just not as important at this point in time. They have to worry more about stage design, proper cues, all that stuff that you don't even really care about starting out.

All bands do it. They can't go on stage and act like they did when they started out new.

(I personally think bands are 10 times cooler when they are raw and still sound good. It makes it more realistic for me.)

It's just where the whole term of "sellout" comes into play. I get tired of people saying "OMG LP IS NOT SELLOUTS". If you signed a record label to get famous, you've already become a sellout because you want to "sell" your music "out" to the public instead of just playing because the sole fact you love the art of it. It's part of the music business...you have to make music that sells and the music of the 90's (early 2000's) had WAY different standards than today. The sound has to be 100% polished or people won't like it. I don't agree with it, but that's how it goes.

Edited by rav0k

Well, I don't understand why you complain about their new sound compared to their old..and then when I try to explain it you attack me. That's not very cool.

Money DOES matter.

A guitar at your local shop compared to a custom guitar you can make with anything you ever dreamed of is a big difference.

A half stack compared to a full stack (rows of those, mind you) is going to make all the difference.

Don't dare to forget about all the different pickups that exist and pedals you pick up along the way. They all affect your "tone" and "sound" as you are saying.

My argument was that now that LP is a big band, they don't care so much about energy as they do professionalism.

That still isn't the way I want to word it but I can't think of another way to say it. It's not that they don't have energy, it's just not as important at this point in time. They have to worry more about stage design, proper cues, all that stuff that you don't even really care about starting out.

All bands do it. They can't go on stage and act like they did when they started out new.

(I personally think bands are 10 times cooler when they are raw and still sound good. It makes it more realistic for me.)

It's just where the whole term of "sellout" comes into play. I get tired of people saying "OMG LP IS NOT SELLOUTS". If you signed a record label to get famous, you've already become a sellout because you want to "sell" your music "out" to the public instead of just playing because the sole fact you love the art of it. It's part of the music business...you have to make music that sells and the music of the 90's (early 2000's) had WAY different standards than today. The sound has to be 100% polished or people won't like it. I don't agree with it, but that's how it goes.

Ha! Na dude, I wasn't attacking you or anything. Sorry if I sounded like that. The internet never translates human emotion too well I guess. :P <_<

Now, If you said it like the way you just did now instead of that Fresh band Pro band translation, then I'd agree with you totally, which I do NOW, I might add. Your "translation" of what I wrote was not really....ya know, accurate. ;)

You make sense now that you explained what you meant brother. You see footage of RAR '01 and see them live now, you'd definitely see (at least) some difference in their energy. Brad - He hardly moves, i'll be frank. And you can't call 31 "Old". Not trying to complain, but it is true. They DO have the money now, so they don't need to break a sweat now that they're all "out there" as a brand. So yes, a bit less "spark". But, they're human too man. It kinda gets monotonous after all these years of touring. So i'm gonna save some space and not crib over this. It's been discussed a billion times in the forum anyway.

Coming back to my topic, that's exactly what I meant. The amps. The guitars. The Pick-Ups. The Effects. The whole "Vintage" obsession. I understand "We need to re-invent the wheel/Experiment with new sounds" for MTM, but what happened with that was that the whole rig was revamped to suit tracks on MTM.

The tracks from MTM, all translate great live, but it just kinda gets a bit....(let me choose my words carefully.)...not the same, when it comes to playing songs from the older catalogue. I personally think the guitars sound "weak" on One Step Closer on Road To Revolution. I din't know if Brad uses a half stack now instead of a full like you said rav0k. All I knew was that he switched to Randall cabinets and modules for his live shows. So yeah, it kinda makes sense why.

Again, if I say that I did not like OSC on Road to Revolution, that's just my opinion. So don't get all worked up dudes!

P.S. - New Divide is my personal "LP sold out" moment btw. I never used to think that LP did sell out before this, but damn, everytime it plays on the radio...I can't help but wonder, WHY? :P

Say what you want to, but it IS WID part 2. Same "basic" chord progression - Not exact, but "Basic". Read the bass line too. LP could do so much better than that. <_<

Edited by limpbizkitunderground

• 4 weeks later...

With You is against the rules :P

NOT ALLOWED:

1. Officially released audio or video of any band/artist in any format, in print or out of print, whether released for sale worldwide or to a limited area or limited to a certain number of pressings/units sold, including but not limited to:

Radio or television broadcasts or promotional CDs, where the content is the same as the official track(s) in question

Edited by Aiman