Walking In Circles

[High_Voltage]

Walking In Circles  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is it the best DBS song?

• Yes
    • No
    • Probably need to hear the whole thing first

OK, we all heard the crappy live recording from 2008 of the song "Walking In Circles", and yesterday, we heard a 30 sec snippet of the studio version. I'm not sure about you, but I loved WIC the very first time I heard the low quality live recording. What are your opinions of the song? :P

Edited by High_Voltage

I voted no. I have a good quality rip of the live version and it was fucking epic...I think now, they overproduced the studio version and almost ruined the song. It'll be epic but DBS is a live band no doubt.

think someone haz some explaining to do! haha how? we have a shitty quality one from CT 08 and then the acoustic!

I personally have been waiting for the studio version ever since I heard the youtube rip from Tempe. It's been one of the songs I've waited for the most with DBS. After hearing the 30 second clip yesterday however, I was slightly disappointed and overwhelmed with excitement at the same time. While the song seemed to be similiar to the Tempe version, I could tell that Howard had put some of his "magic" (sarcasm) on the track. I will have to hear the full song to be able to judge it though. In my opinion, the Tempe versions of Walking In Circles and My Suffering, and the acoustic version of Let Down have a much darker feel to them. I think Howard made this album way too poppy, Condemned has the same exact feel as a song by The Used called "The Bird and the Worm." Despite my disappointment about the overproduction however, I look foward this long awaited album with full anticipation. Especially The Morning After, though I hope with all my heart they didn't fuck that one up.

Nah...I think it sounds exactly like it should have been.

I have no problem with layered vocals. Especially when it is such a good job.

Thats a relief to know. It has such an epic & dark feel compared to most of the other songs we've heard. I hope the rest of the album has a bit more of the WIC vibe going on. "in the darkness" seems the most similar so far.

Thats a relief to know. It has such an epic & dark feel compared to most of the other songs we've heard. I hope the rest of the album has a bit more of the WIC vibe going on. "in the darkness" seems the most similar so far.

You make a spot on point.

WIC is deffo its own thing on the album. It doesn't sound like CBI, MS or any of the fast paced singles. It has a rawish live feel with very little layered vocals save for the end. I think people are going to be very happy with it. It isn't to be compared really to the other songs ( except for IND ) from wat i can tell, production wise.

• 3 weeks later...