Dead By Sunrise: Listen and Review

BeardyWilderness

In this thread by Poci, it is explain that you can go to certain locations to listen to Out Of Ashes before anyone else and

With the debut album Out of Ashes from Dead By Sunrise (featuring Chester from Linkin Park) still 6 weeks away from release, we want to offer fans the chance to be the first to hear it and publish their reviews. After all, it is your reactions that we can all trust the most. A few lucky fans from certain countries around the world will be selected to get to hear the new album before anyone else does, and then tell the world!

If you think you have the literary skills it takes, please send an email to the addresses that correlate with your country and city below. Submit a writing sample that explains why you should be picked to review the record—maybe an anecdote explaining how you became a Linkin Park fan. It's up to you. Make it good, and you will be rewarded. The select few will be invited to hear the record at Warner Brothers Records in the following cities. Note that if you have to travel to these cities, transportation and hotels are up to you. You will be notified a few days after the 4th by email if you are selected.

Well how many of you guys actually sent an email? I did. How many of you guys got a reply? Me too. Did you all get accepted? Oh, well good for you! So did I!

My girlfriend and I will be going to London tomorrow evening to listen to the album in full and write a review for it. Very excited!!

Please share if you have the same luck as us.

I reckon you'll be under some sort of NDA, but you reckon you could accidentally spill the beans on here ?

Pay extra attention to Let Down for me will ya !

I don't think it would be worth the trouble that someone would get into for breaking the NDA to come on here and talk about it...

I reckon you'll be under some sort of NDA, but you reckon you could accidentally spill the beans on here ?

Pay extra attention to Let Down for me will ya !

I don't think it would be worth the trouble that someone would get into for breaking the NDA to come on here and talk about it...

Why would they be under NDAs if the entire purpose of these listening parties is to get people to write reviews of the record...? :huh:

Why would they be under NDAs if the entire purpose of these listening parties is to get people to write reviews of the record...? :huh:

I assume that they are writing reviews for the record company for marketing purposes, to then be disseminated by said company.

BUT, I could be entirely wrong.. I guess we'll find out tomorrow..

So will be band (or just Chester, probably) also be there for the listening session or is it just you fans who get to listen to the record and then write a review about it? I knew that when LP did that listening session once, the whole band was there and there was also an M&G!

It's highly unlikely. The reason for that was because Linkin Park were actually playing a show that evening. I believe it was the Berlin '07 show, first MTM show ever.

found this sorry if posted b4

One fan's album review will be chosen by the group and then be published exclusively on Noisecreep for the rest of the world to see! If you think you have the rock journalistic chops to make the cut, all you have to do is submit a writing sample. A select few will be invited to hear 'Out of Ashes' at one of Warner Brothers Records offices in California, New York, London, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden and Canada http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/09/04/dead-...-hear-review-n/

so one interview gets picked for noise creep website