Writing "Out Of Ashes"

LESTAT

Example?

i close both locks below the window i close both blinds and turn away and live he ads that gay thing in were he goes dont go in a wisper voice << to me thats just pointless lyrics about a window and blinds but thats my view othere ppl might not think that

Edited by sian18

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but at least Amir graduated and attended UCLA...

But in the end, Chester is basically the lyricist, isn't he?

Anyway, it's very subjective whether you like lyrics or not, isn't it? Even "weak" lyrics can touch you, if you have a personal connection to them. I can't really identify with Mike's FM lyrics as well, but that doesn't mean they're not good!

I don't say CBI has got the best lyrics, that's just not so, but that doesn't mean a person cannot write! As many people said before, it's a single, and it sounds like one.

The way I look at it is just because some asshole thinks the lyrics to CBI suck doesn't mean that they do. Who cares what they think? If I like the lyrics then I do, just because some idiot who probably doesn't even write songs or isn't in a band themselves thinks they suck doesn't mean they do.

Here the "Instrumental Song" without chester comments:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zdxrtgmzwgd

NOTE: not is the original song, is only the same song with "Karaoke" effect.-

Come on guys, the song on this video is obviously Let Down. The melody and the chorus fit perfectly. Actually it makes me very optimistic about the quality of this song. I liked it in 2005 but i found the chrous too boring. They make some very good work on instrumental part that I think will make this song a lot better than it was.

Conclusion, I can't wait the full album !!!

i close both locks below the window i close both blinds and turn away and live he ads that gay thing in were he goes dont go in a wisper voice << to me thats just pointless lyrics about a window and blinds but thats my view othere ppl might not think that

It's a metaphore for loosing someone and moving on, it makes sense.

I don't think Chester ever mixes random words together. I just think his lyrics are quite simple, which I like, in some cases. Mike Shinoda is more complex. And he is the only one of the two who could ever end up mixing random words together, in my opinion. Bleed it Out.

Of the Rising Tied album

Kenji is one of the best tracks on the album

a real story telling track that's rap as i listen to and Mike grew up with

the Slick Rick and the Ghostface killah to name some.

Forgotten

is one sick song 2

Mike is really good with creating complex rhyme structure and metafores and i hope he'll use on the next LP album alot of his "Fort Minor energy"

it would be a shame if he quit writing verses and you all like if he does different verses on POA

Amen.

Mike writes incredible lyrics. His lyrics outside of LP are 100x better than his LP lyrics. His lyrics are dumbed down so much for LP. Lies is in every verse it seems lol.

Reading My Eyes...his Xero shit...even the Hybrid Theory demos...then Fort Minor...his lyrics outside of LP are better than his LP ones in my opinion.

Fuck yes someone that finally agrees with me. Fort minor Has so much depth behind the lyrics that LP doesnt. I love the song Kenji, the story is so moving.

I guess it's just the Chester fan coming out in me. Mike does write a lot of really good lyrics, fuck, I thought Minutes To Midnight as a whole lyrically was amazing and the best work the band has ever done. I guess the songs on the FM album that were cringe worthy to me were Petrified, Where'd You Go, There They Go and some of Believe Me. I don't think SOB were talented writers at all so that didn't really help for me. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just think that both Mike and Chester are talented in their own different ways, that's why together, they make the best band in the world, LP.

No offense but Where'd You go had amazing lyrics and so did Believe Me. There They go was really good too seeing as it told its own little story. I agree with the whole point about Minutes To Midnight being lyrically amazing though but with musical and lyrically its not there best over all. Lyrically is still the best. I get your whole point about SOB though, but they are decent. better than most rappers out there today

Just my 2 cents lol.

The only good thing about FM is its instrumental side. Linkin Park have only three lyrically great songs: Breaking The Habbit (written by Mike), The Little Things Give You Away (written by Chester) and Leave Out All The Rest (written by both). Pretty much all of Grey Daze stuff is great from lyrical standpoint.

Mike is a talented painter, but he is not really a good rapper or lyricist.

EW, this might be the worst post I've seen in a long time. I disagree with just about everything you just said.

EW, this might be the worst post I've seen in a long time. I disagree with just about everything you just said.

I don't disagree with them really. Fort Minor instrumentally was amazing, but I wasn't exactly 'blown away' by the rapping or lyrics. I think Mike is EXTREMELY talented musically, he does the most for LP also in that aspect. I think he is a good rapper and vocalist too, but he definitely is no way near as good as Chester vocally (hence why Chester is the million of dollars 2 grammy award winning lead fucking singer) but he still is extremely talented. I've found that anytime anybody bashes anything about FM you automatically disagree.

Come on guys, the song on this video is obviously Let Down. The melody and the chorus fit perfectly. Actually it makes me very optimistic about the quality of this song. I liked it in 2005 but i found the chrous too boring. They make some very good work on instrumental part that I think will make this song a lot better than it was.

Conclusion, I can't wait the full album !!!

I honestly don't think the song playing in the background is Let Down...it doesn't really sound like it. It sounds amazing though, really emotional sounding. I'm thinking more along the lines of 'Give Me Your Name' or 'Inside Of Me'.

So do i disagree with the statements about Fort Minor

Each song on the album is simply amazing

Kenji is one of his best songs so far on the album followed by Cigarets

Mike Shinoda is one talented Emcee

if his tracks aren't lyrically good y'all don't request him what he should rap over POA

that's how i feel about it.

Peace

So do i disagree with the statements about Fort Minor

Each song on the album is simply amazing

Kenji is one of his best songs so far on the album followed by Cigarets

Mike Shinoda is one talented Emcee

if his tracks aren't lyrically good y'all don't request him what he should rap over POA

that's how i feel about it.

Peace

100% agree, nice post man! :)