LPU 9?

rsw2010

When 8.0 first leaked, I though LPL was hacked with the image of the package at first. Then I thought it was just a bad joke gone wrong when the CD leaked. But when I actually found out that was the real package, I was severely pissed off and let down actually. I never thought the CD was funny, I haven't listened to it since I bought 8.0 back in like December. What kind of shit CD is that to give to your paying fan club? I think the 9.0 CD will determine whether or not people are going to join. If it's another shitty CD, masses of LPU members won't re-join. The only reason I'm rejoining for 9.0 is for pre-sale tickets and meet and greet opportunities for next year.

To me LPU8 was likea big...

''FUCK YOU! WE ARE MESSING WITH YOU HAHAHAHA''

if the next cd has 2 unreleased tracks (REAL MUSIC) i may sign up again.-

I didn't think LPU8 was THAT bad. It was definitely better than Years 7, 5, and 3. But yeah it was rather disappointing... Regardless, I still have high hopes for LPU9... I'll be counting down the day for he next 2 and a half or so months.

• 4 weeks later...

Think of it like this: After the reaction to last year's CD, do you really think their just gonna blow us off again ? Furthermore, judging by MS comment's, why would he get our hopes up with his cryptic comments ?

As for the LPU 8 CD, i liked it. Not in place of a demo/b-side filled goodie bag, but for wat it was it was quite addictive !

Think of it like this: After the reaction to last year's CD, do you really think their just gonna blow us off again ? Furthermore, judging by MS comment's, why would he get our hopes up with his cryptic comments ?

As for the LPU 8 CD, i liked it. Not in place of a demo/b-side filled goodie bag, but for wat it was it was quite addictive !

Personally, anyone who doesn't like the '08 CD has no sense of humor! I agree, its not something you can listen to all the time, and B-sides demos would have been WAY better, but it shows LP's talent. Come on, the Monty Pythons would be proud!

anyway, regarding LPU9, hopefully it will be good mix of b-sides/demos/remixes/live tracks. After the reaction of last year & the year before they'd be stupid not to!

Besides, some fan clubs dont even get a CD! we should count ourselves lucky!

Personally, anyone who doesn't like the '08 CD has no sense of humor!

I call bullshit on this. I have a great sense of humor. LPU 8 just didn't do it for me. I thought the idea was pretty dumb, but to each their own.

Really excited for 9 since Shinoda basically said we'll be getting some demos.

Hope so. I just hope that they don't do like they did for the past odd numberd cds, and do all live tracks. demos would be so badass. in case anyone is wondering, odd is 3, 5, and7. im not counting1 in this, since it was the first one, and there werent any live tracks on it.

we are getting live tracks you guys. The songs that actually could be salvaged from Epicenter 09. And

Brad or Phi is going to say in the letter it was the best show they ever played in all of their career.

LOL. I call it if that does happen omg i remember Astat's longg rant about the LPU 7 cd.

Hope so. I just hope that they don't do like they did for the past odd numberd cds, and do all live tracks. demos would be so badass. in case anyone is wondering, odd is 3, 5, and7. im not counting1 in this, since it was the first one, and there werent any live tracks on it.

I honestly think the odd-numbered CDs being live tracks was just a coincidence largely based on timing. LPU3 was essentially a companion piece to Live in Texas, they came out within about a week of each other. LPU5 was released in '05, at a time when the band had only made 2 live appearances in over a year and had been largely inactive due to their dispute with Warner, as well as Mike being busy with Fort Minor. LPU7 was the only one that came across as totally lazy to me.

I honestly think the odd-numbered CDs being live tracks was just a coincidence largely based on timing. LPU3 was essentially a companion piece to Live in Texas, they came out within about a week of each other. LPU5 was released in '05, at a time when the band had only made 2 live appearances in over a year and had been largely inactive due to their dispute with Warner, as well as Mike being busy with Fort Minor. LPU7 was the only one that came across as totally lazy to me.

Maybe it was just a coincidence. 3 wasn't too bad. 5 is the only one i don't have or like, due to it having no new stuff, and it being heavily edited. but your right. i would've thought, though, that with 5, they would give us some demos from Meteora, since 3 and 4 were all live tracks (save for 2 on 4) but i guess they weren't able due to the Warner issue. <_<

I just think that lpu4 was kind of a let down. They should've done Hip-Hop Melody and Wish from RAR, instead of PR and the collision course concert. Much better quality. Also,why did they do BTH? They should've done Numb with the Guitar intro. that is much better. For me, BTH being on there just killed the whole CD.

Maybe it was just a coincidence. 3 wasn't too bad. 5 is the only one i don't have or like, due to it having no new stuff, and it being heavily edited. but your right. i would've thought, though, that with 5, they would give us some demos from Meteora, since 3 and 4 were all live tracks (save for 2 on 4) but i guess they weren't able due to the Warner issue. <_<

I just think that lpu4 was kind of a let down. They should've done Hip-Hop Melody and Wish from RAR, instead of PR and the collision course concert. Much better quality. Also,why did they do BTH? They should've done Numb with the Guitar intro. that is much better. For me, BTH being on there just killed the whole CD.

The only performance of Public Service Announcement with LP is on LPU 5, that alone makes it awesome to me. While I disagree with the RAR part, I do agree with the BTH part, especially since it was already released on the PR04 sampler. Though that didn't kill the CD for me, the censorship did. How can you censor a song like Wish? That's almost as lame as substituting "madness" with "bullshit" then censoring every version of it (except for the live version, which was also the only uncensored part on LPU 2.0).

The only performance of Public Service Announcement with LP is on LPU 5, that alone makes it awesome to me. While I disagree with the RAR part, I do agree with the BTH part, especially since it was already released on the PR04 sampler. Though that didn't kill the CD for me, the censorship did. How can you censor a song like Wish? That's almost as lame as substituting "madness" with "bullshit" then censoring every version of it (except for the live version, which was also the only uncensored part on LPU 2.0).

They never replaced "bullshit" with "madness" on any version of High Voltage. The original HTEP version of the song is the only one that has "madness" in it, which is the original version of that lyric - the entire HTEP is uncensored, including "shit" being said elsewhere in the same version of that song. The 2 remixes are the censored versions, and those just blank out both instances of "shit."

They never replaced "bullshit" with "madness" on any version of High Voltage. The original HTEP version of the song is the only one that has "madness" in it, which is the original version of that lyric - the entire HTEP is uncensored, including "shit" being said elsewhere in the same version of that song. The 2 remixes are the censored versions, and those just blank out both instances of "shit."

That's what I said... you misread my post.

i think we all knew that this was coming because of lpu8 let down and every1 just about hating it (i loved it)

but demo's from all studio albums and a new song is a very nice touch and i may sign up just for the cd

how much was lpu8 when it was first released? (preferable in £ GBP if not $ is fine)

The price of LPU isn't going to magically go up just because the CD is better than usual guys, lol. It's been $25 every single year if you order the package online (the Best Buy pack went up to $30 last year for some reason).

hahaha

anyway, lets try and guess what tracks there could/might be on the CD guys?

1) *NEW* unreleased song from the 4th album sessions <---- this will either be first or last on the CD

2) the Untitled (in the end demo remastered) <---- if any of the old demos get remastered i hope its this one

3) *another HT demo*

4) *Meteora demo*

5) Figure.09 (demo with singing in verses) <---- just because I think this one would be the most different

6) Drawing (the orginal "Breaking the habit" demo interlude/instrumental) <--- 'cause I'll bet its so epic!

7) Unreleased NRG "strings" song <--- see "the making of MTM"

8) Leave out All The Rest (demo with mikes orginal vocals) <--- its a single & we heard it in making of MTM

9) The Little Things Give you away (demo with mikes orginal vocals) <---- More mike, whats not to love?

The price of LPU isn't going to magically go up just because the CD is better than usual guys, lol. It's been $25 every single year if you order the package online (the Best Buy pack went up to $30 last year for some reason).

I think they mean the package (premier) that has the vinyl in it will go up because of the cost of producing vinyl and what's actually included IN / ON the vinyl.

As much as I really fucking want that "6th strings song" or "NRG unreleased strings song" or "main MTM b-side"...whatever you wanna call it...I don't think we'll get that on this CD....

As much as I really fucking want that "6th strings song" or "NRG unreleased strings song" or "main MTM b-side"...whatever you wanna call it...I don't think we'll get that on this CD....

i really hope we do... that one sounded epic from the 2-second clip we heard of it.

I think they mean the package (premier) that has the vinyl in it will go up because of the cost of producing vinyl and what's actually included IN / ON the vinyl.

I don't really see the cost of the Premier Pass going up either, it's already $80, which gets you everything in the Bonus Pass (which is $35) plus the plaque. They probably won't drop the price since they know people will buy it, but I don't see why it should go up, a $45 difference is already plenty (and a lot more than a new vinyl record normally sells for).

I'm already leaning towards getting the Premier Pass this year anyway, but I'll totally be sold if it turns out the vinyl has something different on it than the CD.

I don't really see the cost of the Premier Pass going up either, it's already $80, which gets you everything in the Bonus Pass (which is $35) plus the plaque. They probably won't drop the price since they know people will buy it, but I don't see why it should go up, a $45 difference is already plenty (and a lot more than a new vinyl record normally sells for).

I'm already leaning towards getting the Premier Pass this year anyway, but I'll totally be sold if it turns out the vinyl has something different on it than the CD.

I don't think they would sell it for a more expensive price just because they know people will still buy it. They could have easily charged at least $50 for the HTEP but they were modest and charged $10 each.

I agree. It sucks though because I thought the 6th string song sounded really awesome. I don't know why people are hoping for Japan or Grecian...it's so obvious that they were never really recorded until a full song that LP would release, especially Grecian since Rob even said that they stopped working on it and that was back in what early 2006?