Knebworth Post-Show Discussion

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linkin Park were actually amazing, again.

Session got everyone excited, and Given Up really let out everyone's energy (since I'd been waiting 11 hours for Linkin Park to come on stage, being at the front).

All the songs until Bleed It Out were pretty amazing, really good on everyone's part, especially Chester's. Bleed It Out started with the drum solo and went straight to the rapping which I thought was a nice change, and BTH piano intro was a pleasure to hear live. DBS wasn't received well by most people, because they didn't know what it was, but I enjoyed Crawl Back In and My Own Suffering, both quite heavy songs, especially the latter.

New Divide as an encore opener was fantastic. Since it was their newest song, and Mike came on with the long synth beat, it got the place mad. Faint got everyone moshing like hell, and OSC was just the best way to close!

(Heaven And Hell, too, were pretty awesome).

Linkin Park were actually amazing, again.

Session got everyone excited, and Given Up really let out everyone's energy (since I'd been waiting 11 hours for Linkin Park to come on stage, being at the front).

All the songs until Bleed It Out were pretty amazing, really good on everyone's part, especially Chester's. Bleed It Out started with the drum solo and went straight to the rapping which I thought was a nice change, and BTH piano intro was a pleasure to hear live. DBS wasn't received well by most people, because they didn't know what it was, but I enjoyed Crawl Back In and My Own Suffering, both quite heavy songs, especially the latter.

New Divide as an encore opener was fantastic. Since it was their newest song, and Mike came on with the long synth beat, it got the place mad. Faint got everyone moshing like hell, and OSC was just the best way to close!

(Heaven And Hell, too, were pretty awesome).

sick

would have wanted to be there

"Faint got everyone moshing like hell" reminded me of Road to Revolution instantly.

ehhh im sorry but Session opening really wasnt the best choice for this kind of show. They really should have opened with No More Sorrow long intro. but eh... hope LP steps it up next yr. It was kind of bound to fail

Totally agree. Session opening a show is a joke - I don't care if I've seen it or not, an instrumental song belongs nowhere in the set when you can have another song in its place. Anyone can slam me, I don't care, but I, once again, think its extremely inexcusable of the band to not switch up the setlist. I don't consider changes to POA major changes, although its nice to hear.

I'm sure everyone there that has seen them, love it... why wouldn't they. But it would be nice for LP to play some of their older material before it gets lost for good when they have to play newer stuff when a new record drops. Session and a change in beat/verse on POA doesn't cut it for me.

Totally agree. Session opening a show is a joke - I don't care if I've seen it or not, an instrumental song belongs nowhere in the set when you can have another song in its place. Anyone can slam me, I don't care, but I, once again, think its extremely inexcusable of the band to not switch up the setlist. I don't consider changes to POA major changes, although its nice to hear.

I'm sure everyone there that has seen them, love it... why wouldn't they. But it would be nice for LP to play some of their older material before it gets lost for good when they have to play newer stuff when a new record drops. Session and a change in beat/verse on POA doesn't cut it for me.

If they were to replace Session with anything, it'd either be Wake or some other type of intro piece. They'll always have some type of intro "song" at every show, whether it be an extended intro to the first song of the set or some kind of standalone instrumental.

I would venture to say that 80% of bands don't change their setlists on a show-by-show basis. People are only upset that LP isn't doing so because they've been somewhat spoiled by the rotating sets from 07-08. There are more changes on a show-to-show basis on this tour with the varying intros/outros to POA, the occasional presence of DBS, the HHH/Crawling switchups, etc., than there ever were on any tours prior to 2007.

If they were to replace Session with anything, it'd either be Wake or some other type of intro piece. They'll always have some type of intro "song" at every show, whether it be an extended intro to the first song of the set or some kind of standalone instrumental.

I would venture to say that 80% of bands don't change their setlists on a show-by-show basis. People are only upset that LP isn't doing so because they've been somewhat spoiled by the rotating sets from 07-08. There are more changes on a show-to-show basis on this tour with the varying intros/outros to POA, the occasional presence of DBS, the HHH/Crawling switchups, etc., than there ever were on any tours prior to 2007.

astat is totally right. the bottom line is that if its not session than its wake or a long intro into a song. just be happy that they are touring at all. I dare someone go to bitch about the set list around me at epicenter. see what happens!

Linkin Park using Session was no mistake. It really got the crowd wild as Mr Hahn came up to his legendary turntable, and started scratching away. I think Wake is a bit dated, and since Session hasn't been played since 2003, it was basically a fresh track, which really worked well with opening the show into Given Up.

Chester didn't do the scream, though. :(

Some notes from me. Will write up a review later.

-POA had Petrified verse 2 over

-Crawl Back In was before Fire

-Rob tried doing a quick flash drum roll into the last chorus of BTH. After succesfully doing it, he messed up the intro to that chorus

-Rob also messed up on POA outro. I can't remember how many beats they were meant to play, but Rob played 2 too many. Brad then laughed at him and hand signalled to him. Mike was saying about the pits for the outro but to his suprise, no outro begun. He then spoke to Brad and he started it.

Session may not be the best opener, but the way it kicked into Given Up was fucking awesome, especially for the people who weren't expecting it. There was a German guy next to me who went crazy when it happened.

Dead By Sunrise absolutely blowed. Ok, we aren't familiar with the songs, but they still sucked. After the second song finished, the crowd was almost completely silent and flat, they didn't go down to well. The songs sound mediocre anyway. Although, Julien K seem quite lively on stage.

New Divide was the perfect encore song opener. An it's amazing live. Everyone in the crowd singing along. Must have been a lot of none Lp fna sin the audience though because it wasn't as lively as Lp festival crowds usually are.

An yeah, Crawl Back In was played first. An back at the hotel, two members of Julien K were chilling in the lobby with about 20 roadies, who gave me a bottle of warer from Fiji (quite random but really nice guys).

Anyone notice how Lp barely spoke at all, just played through the setlist like clockwork. Was that so they could fit the Dead By Sunrise songs in?

Anyways, awesome show!!! Out...

astat is totally right. the bottom line is that if its not session than its wake or a long intro into a song. just be happy that they are touring at all. I dare someone go to bitch about the set list around me at epicenter. see what happens!

Lol what the hell does that mean.

I don't care if I was there or not, no way in hell did DBS blow. Crawl Back In from Germany was one of the most energetic and freshest things I've heard Chester sing for awhile. I can't see how Sonisphere was any different.

-Rob tried doing a quick flash drum roll into the last chorus of BTH. After succesfully doing it, he messed up the intro to that chorus

-Rob also messed up on POA outro. I can't remember how many beats they were meant to play, but Rob played 2 too many. Brad then laughed at him and hand signalled to him. Mike was saying about the pits for the outro but to his suprise, no outro begun. He then spoke to Brad and he started it.

BTH : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0toj2-gQA

It sounds Ok for me :rolleyes:

Points Of Authority : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Bh2u7B0XA

Now that was funny lol :lol:

God shut up. People like you who post stuff like this annoy the fuck out of me

As Lee already said and as you can tell from that video it was petrified verse 2 over POA and Crawl Back In was before Fire.

LP were fucking amazing quite simply - they blew the shit out of the MK show last year. I was in a pit for basically all of LPs songs besides LOATR and SOTD because for obvious reasons there wasn't one. However as stupid as it sounds we did have a circle pit for BTH LMAO!! The crowd was fucking crazy and they loved LP, but they weren't feeling DBS at all which I can understand 'cause it wasn't an LP gig, everyone wanted to see LP back on though which was a good sign.

The encore was crazy and I'm pretty sure mike said something about us being crazy during POA. Did hear a few people moaning 'cause they wanted more songs as in getting seriously pissed off which was lame bearing in mind they had actually heard 22 songs.

Anyway I had an awesome time, Limp Bizkit were amazing as well, along with Avenged and Metallica. Was an awesome weekend overall!! :D

had a awsome time at sonisphere disapointed in linkin park the band messed up a few times like joe did in numb me and my mates split up but we were talking after gig about crowed reacsion to dbs and it wasint good in the pit it was cose ppl were moshing but ppl were shouting get off the stage your shit put linkin park back on we didnt pay for this you sound like green day and alot off ppl said they sucked so dbs didint go down well and there still not knowin

but ppl were shouting get off the stage your shit put linkin park back on we didnt pay for this you sound like green day and alot off ppl said they sucked so dbs didint go down well

Let's see...Dead By Sunrise was officially announced as an act at Sonisphere, so yes, they did pay for them. It was also confirmed well in advance that they'd be performing as part of Linkin Park's set, so it's their fault for not knowing. I also hear few, if any, similarities to Green Day.

But then again, it's a UK show. Nowhere else in the world will you find people who think it's acceptable to piss in a bottle and throw it at people on stage, so logical thinking and researching the show they bought tickets for is probably too much to expect of them.

Let's see...Dead By Sunrise was officially announced as an act at Sonisphere, so yes, they did pay for them. It was also confirmed well in advance that they'd be performing as part of Linkin Park's set, so it's their fault for not knowing. I also hear few, if any, similarities to Green Day.

But then again, it's a UK show. Nowhere else in the world will you find people who think it's acceptable to piss in a bottle and throw it at people on stage, so logical thinking and researching the show they bought tickets for is probably too much to expect of them.

nice rant

LOL! I'm from the UK and the piss thing did make me laugh haha!!

One thing to mention though - the band didn't mess up to my knowledge :huh: and you can't really count rob doing two extra notes during POA outro as a fuck up because I daresay brad did it to wind him up...

Edited by Rob_Wilson