Knebworth Post-Show Discussion

The show is over - the eighth show of the tour. The setlist page can be found HERE. Who went? How was it?

Setlist:

01. Session

02. Given Up

03. From The Inside

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. No More Sorrow

06. Lying From You

07. Points Of Authority (w/ Petrified verse 1 intro, A Place For My Head outro)

08. What I've Done

09. Leave Out All The Rest

10. Numb

11. Breaking The Habit

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Hands Held High (Verse 1 A Cappella) (Transition ->)

14. Crawling (w/ HHH Verse 2 intro over KRWLNG)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

------------------------------

17. Fire (Dead By Sunrise)

18. Crawl Back In (Dead By Sunrise)

19. My Suffering (Dead By Sunrise)

------------------------------

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Looks like Stuttgart's POA was legendary. The Meet & Greet for Sonisphere was 13 members meeting Rob and Brad. Maybe we can get Mike tomorrow in Grafen and request something else from him.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ehhh im sorry but Session opening really wasnt the best choice for this kind of show. They really should have opened with No More Sorrow long intro. but eh... hope LP steps it up next yr. It was kind of bound to fail

ehhh im sorry but Session opening really wasnt the best choice for this kind of show. They really should have opened with No More Sorrow long intro. but eh... hope LP steps it up next yr. It was kind of bound to fail

"DiegoA just left the Linkin Park gig. They were brilliant. 10 out of 10."

hmm:D

Need videos!

With all due respect, I think you are incorrect. In fact, I know you are wrong.

Session is an excellent opener. I've seen it three times going into Given Up on this tour. Two were indoors but the Stuttgart outside venue in the daylight is EXACTLY how it was performed in Knebworth, so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Session into Given Up is quite solid my friend. It fades in and all of a sudden, BAM the instrumental kicks in and the LP banner starts going up. Everyone stares at the stage, throws their hands up and sees Joe rocking it up on Mt Hahn. Then the band comes out and rocks it with Given Up. Essentially Session is just a show intro and Given Up really opens the set song-wise. It's really good, I see nothing wrong with it at all. How the fuck is it a failure....?

NMS long intro is still in there and it gets the pits going every damn time. I'd rather have Session and Given Up open the show with the NMS long intro later in the set than have NMS long intro open the set and have no Session at all. Watch the Stuttgart videos, Session is great.

Nothing has failed. This is a very solid tour, the crowds are responding great to the band outside of the DBS stuff. LP is rocking it HARD every night. They don't talk to the crowd much but they bring the energy song after song and really get the crowd into it. I haven't seen Joe Hahn have this much energy in years - he is absolutely killing it on stage. Mike Shinoda is going fucking crazy changing the setlists during the tour, that is extremely badass. Lots and LOTS of pure energy from the band and some A plus solid performances.

New Divide starting the encore is the best song to open an encore since Crawling in 2004. The crowd goes fucking OFF for ND, Faint and OSC to close it. I am really enjoying this tour - it blows PR08 USA the fuck out of the water in terms of energy, the setlist and band performance. Totally destroys it. LP is doing really well on this tour. The whole band is hopping around like hell on stage, rocking it start to end. No longer are Brad and Joe just sitting there chilling during songs...those days are gone.

I am one of the most hardcore fans of the band and I am really really enjoying these shows. The setlists may not have the older songs in them that the fans want, but shit the shows are incredible. And obviously I am not the only one that thinks that since the reviews are great for every show I've been to.

With all due respect, I think you are incorrect. In fact, I know you are wrong.

Session is an excellent opener. I've seen it three times going into Given Up on this tour. Two were indoors but the Stuttgart outside venue in the daylight is EXACTLY how it was performed in Knebworth, so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Session into Given Up is quite solid my friend. It fades in and all of a sudden, BAM the instrumental kicks in and the LP banner starts going up. Everyone stares at the stage, throws their hands up and sees Joe rocking it up on Mt Hahn. Then the band comes out and rocks it with Given Up. Essentially Session is just a show intro and Given Up really opens the set song-wise. It's really good, I see nothing wrong with it at all. How the fuck is it a failure....?

NMS long intro is still in there and it gets the pits going every damn time. I'd rather have Session and Given Up open the show with the NMS long intro later in the set than have NMS long intro open the set and have no Session at all. Watch the Stuttgart videos, Session is great.

Nothing has failed. This is a very solid tour, the crowds are responding great to the band outside of the DBS stuff. LP is rocking it HARD every night. They don't talk to the crowd much but they bring the energy song after song and really get the crowd into it. I haven't seen Joe Hahn have this much energy in years - he is absolutely killing it on stage. Mike Shinoda is going fucking crazy changing the setlists during the tour, that is extremely badass. Lots and LOTS of pure energy from the band and some A plus solid performances.

New Divide starting the encore is the best song to open an encore since Crawling in 2004. The crowd goes fucking OFF for ND, Faint and OSC to close it. I am really enjoying this tour - it blows PR08 USA the fuck out of the water in terms of energy, the setlist and band performance. Totally destroys it. LP is doing really well on this tour. The whole band is hopping around like hell on stage, rocking it start to end. No longer are Brad and Joe just sitting there chilling during songs...those days are gone.

I am one of the most hardcore fans of the band and I am really really enjoying these shows. The setlists may not have the older songs in them that the fans want, but shit the shows are incredible. And obviously I am not the only one that thinks that since the reviews are great for every show I've been to.

i have to agree with mark, LP kicked fucking ass this tour!! first i was dissapointed about only one set and no papercut, but all 3 shows have been awesome!!

Hahn i guess. Just an outside point of view i suppose... guess i just wish they would make the sets being interesting... it just seems to follow the same formula. Heavy - soft - somewhat heavy - encore - heavy. Its just the band has gotten to predictable i suppose for me. Glad that your having fun at least ;)

Yep it's the same formula and I agree - they need to change it. It is incredible live but listening to a recording, I hit skip on like half the set. Numb live needs like...a fucking intro or something. They need to change stuff, lol. I really rock out and enjoy it live but I do agree with you that they need to change the formula and do it differently in 2010. I was really bummed by the setlist for this tour until I saw a show and also saw Mike changing stuff up. I thought 09 would be the year they did some By Myself or With You or something, but I guess that's next year, haha.

Still cool though. We got Mike to do fucking Reading My Eyes over POA!

Yep it's the same formula and I agree - they need to change it. It is incredible live but listening to a recording, I hit skip on like half the set. Numb live needs like...a fucking intro or something. They need to change stuff, lol. I really rock out and enjoy it live but I do agree with you that they need to change the formula and do it differently in 2010. I was really bummed by the setlist for this tour until I saw a show and also saw Mike changing stuff up. I thought 09 would be the year they did some By Myself or With You or something, but I guess that's next year, haha.

Still cool though. We got Mike to do fucking Reading My Eyes over POA!

Agreed. I guess you have to BE THERE for the full experience. Here's hoping next yr they will change it up dramatically. And ur right Numb NEEDS something. Jesus the RaR 04 intro was insane haha. I agree RME over POA needs to be a concert staple. And also for the record i love the encore the way its set up. Perfect way to end the show. and to sound like everyone else we need APFMH b4 OSC lol

i think they could do a slower version of numb for the next year, so they can delete another slow song from the setlsit o.O piano + beats sounds me as pure win for numb =P

Yeah numb needs to be stripped down and they need to stop playing loatr and soad which probably won't ever happen cause they're singles.

I just hope for some more energy songs.

Yeah numb needs to be stripped down and they need to stop playing loatr and soad which probably won't ever happen cause they're singles.

I just hope for some more energy songs.

if they dropped even one of those two(LOATR and SOAD) it would be good and yep, numb is getting really boring already:D