Linkin Park to play first ever Epicenter '09

daniel624

Only $300 round trip for a flight, $80 for a ticket. Looks possible for me. Need to see the setlists first though. If they are playing another new song (besides New Divide) and some epic older songs then hell yeah I'd do it. It's possible it could be one of those things like 2006 where LP only did some songs on that little run, etc.

Tool is far more talented and complex than Linkin Park. They were out before Linkin Park even thought about forming. Just because one band can swoon a bunch of teenage girls, it doesn't make them "better". :P

I agree that they are more complex, but you really can't compare the two as they are 2 totally different genres. They both are awesome in their own rights.

I agree that they are more complex, but you really can't compare the two as they are 2 totally different genres. They both are awesome in their own rights.

Yes, you cant compare the two. Tool are Linkin Park are polar opposites, both are great bands, but one is mainstream, and the other has one of the biggest cult fanbases ever. Both have great singers, and are masters at what they do.

Everyone should have a bit of Tool in their collection. Same for Linkin Park.

Not really sure where I was going with that, but we should be championing bands like this !! woo

On a related note, I order everyone who hasn't to get or download every A Perfect Circle album. You can thank me later. Chester has actually performer their song The Outsider, trivia fans.

Yes, you cant compare the two. Tool are Linkin Park are polar opposites, both are great bands, but one is mainstream, and the other has one of the biggest cult fanbases ever. Both have great singers, and are masters at what they do.

Everyone should have a bit of Tool in their collection. Same for Linkin Park.

Not really sure where I was going with that, but we should be championing bands like this !! woo

On a related note, I order everyone who hasn't to get or download every A Perfect Circle album. You can thank me later. Chester has actually performer their song The Outsider, trivia fans.

+1

Only $300 round trip for a flight, $80 for a ticket. Looks possible for me. Need to see the setlists first though. If they are playing another new song (besides New Divide) and some epic older songs then hell yeah I'd do it. It's possible it could be one of those things like 2006 where LP only did some songs on that little run, etc.

Me and you dude, we have to do it.

Hmmm, I may possibly fly out to this thing since I've saved some money for events like these. I didn't make the show tonite but this is something I cud think bout. Especially since Alice in Chains and Atreyu are performing. I wonder if Chester will join Alice in Chains for man in the box again?

This is something im probably gonna do if i can get the money together. This might turn into a huge collaboration concert. Mike goes on with Hollywood undead. Chester goes on with ALice in chains and he can join Tool. That would be an amazing concert. Mark is that the DC prices for a plane ticket?

dude mike joins hollywood undead for a song that would be Epic

like undead :o

Surely such an abomination would never take place. Hollywood Undead is the only band on that lineup that absolutely sucks. I can't even tolerate them for 10 seconds.

Blah! I'm only going to this concert because the Transformers-free-but-very-very-very-short-show left me half full and wanting more. Linkin Park is like a drug that gets me addicted to them every time i see them.

I don't care for any of the other bands and have never heard of Tool unitl 3 days ago. I hope co-headlining doesn't mean that LP is going to play a shorter set. I don't need a reason to hate the organizers but that would do it.

And no, I don't think that Tool is a better musicain than LP. After giving them a listen, they're okay but Linkin Park is my first love. I hope Tool plays last as long as it doesn't shorten LP's time on stage so that i can leave early and beat traffic.

That's the bonus of your favourite band not headlining. I just wish 10 years or Muse were part of the line-up. I hate hard rock and most Metallica-Gun's n Roses-Mastadon- sounding-bands. Ew.

Edited by arbiter

Blah! I'm only going to this concert because the Transformers-free-but-very-very-very-short-show left me half full and wanting more. Linkin Park is like a drug that gets me addicted to them every time i see them.

I don't care for any of the other bands and have never heard of Tool unitl 3 days ago. I hope co-headlining doesn't mean that LP is going to play a shorter set. I don't need a reason to hate the organizers but that would do it.

And no, I don't think that Tool is a better musicain than LP. After giving them a listen, they're okay but Linkin Park is my first love. I hope Tool plays last as long as it doesn't shorten LP's time on stage so that i can leave early and beat traffic.

That's the bonus of your favourite band not headlining. I just wish 10 years or Muse were part of the line-up. I hate hard rock and most Metallica-Gun's n Roses-Mastadon- sounding-bands. Ew.

Umm im just saying this but your wasting your money if all your gonna go see is LP. And to the Muse and 10 years comment notice the bands that are playing Muse and 10 years wouldnt fit with that line-up. Pretty much all of them were or still are Hard Rock.

Alice in Chains and Wolfmother are both somewhat metal bands. They both sound like your Metallica-Gun's n Roses-Mastadon bands.

Hollywood undead is more like a more Gangster version of LP with masks.

and Atreyu well the old Atreyu anyway is metalcore. which is like old Avenged Sevenfold.

Ive never heard of Atmosphere, SSSC, or Aesop Rock lol.