2024.09.11 - Los Angeles, California (KIA Forum // From Zero World Tour Kickoff)

RogueSoul

56 minutes ago, LPngdf said:

Incredible show, incredible performance, incredible crowd. Love to see LP back on stage!

Guys, what's your opinion on BTH on the setlist?... The only song thats sounds "wrong" with Em on vocals imo.

Otherways she nailed every song.

The only song that sounded truly bland to me was Friendly Fire but that’s probably because the original song is insanely bland to me. One of the few official releases from the band that I’d consider a bad song. 

I think she nailed BTH and it’s one of my top 4 LP songs so I’m just happy they are playing it. I know it’s not Chester on it so it’s not the same but she sounded good. When I saw Linkin Park in Arizona in 2014 they didn’t play Breaking the Habit and that was my only complaint about the entire setlist. Sad that I never got to see Chester perform BTH live because I think that’s their best song from their first 5 albums. For the longest time it was by far my favorite LP song until Castle of Glass rivaled it and now it sits at #4 for me behind MTG, Rebellion, and One More Light. 

I am very thankful that I was able to see Linkin Park live with Chester but the one song I regret that I never saw Chester perform in person was Breaking the Habit. That song means so much to me and while I prefer the Chester version I’m just happy they are playing it again and that Emily did the song justice. 💜

Edited by Bliss

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After thinking about it I’m honestly really shocked they’re not playing One More Light (the song). I really thought they would use that in every show as the sort of “Chester tribute” moment.

im happy that they’re not though. I think moving on full steam ahead and not being constantly mired in grief is the right move.

26 minutes ago, linkin_boss said:

Definitively, specially the audio sounds great.  I feel there are enough 4K sources to put a decent multicam together 😁

I wish I wasn't full-swing into school at the moment so I could start working on one.

9 hours ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Ivo Rosario it's not an artist he's just an imitator. I don't think that he has what it takes to write a song, produce, compose, create melodies.

Can you share an original song by him ? There's many guys who can imitate voices but that doesn't mean that you can do the rest.

They need someone who can do this at a professional level.

Emily is a true artist.

This is not a karaoke party for a clown like Ivo or the Hoax Tribute guys this is a professional band and the new members are also really professional guys with tons of experience in the real music industry.

couldn't agree more bro, you're right. But yet, I still paid overpriced tickets to see them in my city next month 🤣🤘

About the show, Emily killed It!! Killer setlist, surreal energy. I'm so so happy they're back! 

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I feel like putting OML as a Chester tribute in every show would be a massive mood killer.

I agree, I just thought it would happen. It seemed like the one song that would have staying power in LP setlists (even before Chester’s passing, I thought it was the most likely song to stick around in the future from that album)

2 hours ago, XESTAH said:

couldn't agree more bro, you're right. But yet, I still paid overpriced tickets to see them in my city next month 🤣🤘

About the show, Emily killed It!! Killer setlist, surreal energy. I'm so so happy they're back! 

I think that the prices were fair

360 stage with an amazing design, technology and a band that its going all out?

Fuck Ivo by the way

24 minutes ago, igus said:

I've watched the first half of the show via recordings. I won't elaborate on what all of you said: they sound great, the crowd is incredible. ❤️

My only disappointment was that I came to realize that maybe CASTLE OF GLASS is just not a great live song. 

I think CASTLE OF GLASS is a bit overdone in this current setlist with all the transitions on top of the studio version. And we also had the COG experience in previous tours. I think it needs something to freshen up like the arrangements they've done on LOTR definitively gave a breath of fresh air to the song.

I was rewatching the performance of KTTK and it sounds so good.

The only thing is, I can't comprehend seeing the crowd in the pit standing still and filming.  Like come on, man. Wait for the european crowds. We got to make sure to mosh pith the heck out of that one. If there is one song for it, it's this one!

Edited by Qwerty18

1 hour ago, Qwerty18 said:

I was rewatching the performance of KTTK and it sounds so good.

The only thing is, I can't comprehend seeing the crowd in the pit standing still and filming.  Like come on, man. Wait for the european crowds. We got to make sure to mosh pith the heck out of that one. If there is one song for it, it's this one!

I don’t see the point in filming anything myself these days. Look what happened immediately after the show- full show recordings. 

Enjoy the moment 

This show looked absolutely incredible on the videos. Must have been such a blessing to have attended. Emily is doing really, really good. This is maybe an uncomfortable thing to say, but I think Emily's voice allows for some setlist-choices that might have been hard to pull off in the last years we had Chester.

She really nails that classic raspy, hard hitting Linkin Park-chorus. Chester had to sing very clean on many of these songs from the mid-00s and forward (and no wonder, considering how he left it all on stage every night), which imo made songs like Crawling and Somewhere I Belong lack a bit of their intended punch. Now they're up front in the setlist, and no wonder!

On the other hand, Chester always nailed all the explosive screaming sections, and sometimes even exceeded his studio performances. I'm talking the bridge of Given Up or Faint. Emily is doing great with those too, but she probably will never reach Chester's level. And that's just fine! I like that these classic Chester moments will always be his alone.

The production is just amazing. I read that they got Kendrick's production designer to the stage and lights, apparently a real A-level talent, and it really shows. I love a show that is focused on building atmosphere and empowering the songs and artist - as opposed to video screens with endless colourful videos, graphics, etc. This is just very exciting and very tasteful! 

Loved the setlist too. It flows perfectly with the production, builds to different peaks and a good balance of their hits and cool surprises. Keys To The Kingdom is probably my favorite THP track and I never imagined it would be played live. Such a creative and wild track, every section is a surprise. And Emily absolutely nailed the chorus!

Nitpicks: Colin Brittain is obviously a great musician and probably a big force in their newfound creativity. But I think his drumming is a little heavy-handed to me compared to Rob. His feel is a little more rock to me and his fills are more typical. I think Rob found a way to seamlessly integrate with the hiphop element of the band, and really flow on top of the hiphop beats at the core of the songs, and that is all the more evident, watching them with a new drummer. It's really a nitpick tho, still sounds great.

Alex Feder plays great too, and he is a more consistent and tight guitar player than Brad. I do wish he got a little closer to the studio version of the KTTK solo though instead of just tremolo picking it all like the Faint solo. Truly a nitpick too!

But all in all, my mind is completely blown. Great to have them back!

really sucks that they have songs that they kept hidden for 20 years, and when they finally have a chance to be played live, they short it and do that same old boring version.

why they didn't play more the victim, fighting myself or other new stuff?

29 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

With key changes and obviously lineup changes, some songs sound different in an interesting and pleasant way. I'd love to listen to a full show that is professionally mixed.

I’d quite like for a rehearsal performance to be recorded, like they did with Third Encore around the MTM release. Hearing key changed songs in a studio setting would be cool. 

After an 18-hour flight, I’m back in Brazil and have some thoughts about the concert I attended in Los Angeles that took place on Wednesday.

1) Obviously, the focus has shifted. Mike is drawing a lot of the audience's attention to himself, even putting Emily on a lower level. I find this move interesting at first to avoid the internet hate aimed at her.

2) Since Mike is appearing more, at times it felt like it was his own show. This opened up many opportunities to make the show more appealing and break away from the pattern the band had between 2012 and 2017, when their shows saw little innovation.

3) Emily was amazing in some songs, especially in Keys to the Kingdom. I think that’s when she won my approval. It's hard not to make comparisons, but given the current situation, I think she was indeed the best option.

4) The whole band was emotional and nervous. Emily messed up some lyrics, and Mike almost seemed to cry a couple of times, besides having trouble remembering the lyrics to "There They Go." In a way, this made the show even more genuine.

5) The fact that this new phase features a new vocalist and Mike getting more attention allowed the band to gift the fans with rare songs. It became clear to me that the intention was to reward the fans and gain their support for this new phase, but once the album is released, these songs will disappear from the setlist, just like what happened in the 2012 shows before the release of Living Things.

6) It’s hard to notice in the videos, but I’d like to know if anyone else who was at the show also noticed that Mike’s voice sounded different. I’m not sure if it was an effect or just a wrong impression, but it sounded relatively different.

7) I think the band lacked a bit of sensitivity regarding Chester. His name was only mentioned once, and very quickly. I know they want to move forward, but for the first official show in 7 years, a small tribute was necessary to truly move on. For this particular show, they should have played One More Light.

8 ) I think commercially, the show and the new phase are perfect. The band is attracting the most attention they’ve had since the release of Minutes to Midnight and pleasing fans by playing rare songs, while also investing in a visual spectacle and talking about a new chapter.

9) I think Joe also took on more of a lead role. In the past, he used to stay still at the back, especially during songs where his contribution wasn’t major. Now, he’s always interacting with the other members and the audience, making the new stage structure really count.

10) I think the 360° stage setup is incredible, and it’s a shame it won’t be in Bogotá, where I’ll be attending the next show. Mike started facing my side, and when he switched halfway through the show, we felt a bit “left out” because he stayed on the other side a lot, while Emily kept moving around non-stop.

The show was extraordinary, and I think it can get even better. I see them gaining a lot of attention in the coming years with the new album and tours through festivals.

I hope the lineup stays solid for a long time!

Edited by LeonardoMF93

4 hours ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

7) I think the band lacked a bit of sensitivity regarding Chester. His name was only mentioned once, and very quickly. I know they want to move forward, but for the first official show in 7 years, a small tribute was necessary to truly move on. For this particular show, they should have played One More Light.

This. I feel the same. 

It might just be too hard for them. Playing One More Light and mentioning Chester every other song would be, like someone said, a major mood killer. Hollywood Bowl 2017 already happened. We'll never forget him. Telling the audience that they are signing for Chester for the entire night is very gracefully done. 

I can't even listen to OML (the song). When I play Papercuts in my car, I skip that track. I'm not ready for the rush of emotions when I go pick up groceries or visit my family. The only time I can do it is when I'm alone after a couple beers… Then I even challenge myself not to cry. Sometimes I manage to, sometimes I fail. 

It might even partially be the reason Rob left the band and Brad doesn't want to play live. Brad looked very upset for the majority of the Hollywood Bowl show. Or when Chris Cornell died, and they played OML on Kimmel's, he almost broke down looking at Chester towards the end of the song. These things are difficult. And the careful dosage of mentions of Chester is there for a reason. 

On the other note, I've finished watching the recording of the show. I'm surprised they played Breaking The Habit. I thought they retired that song. My December was beautiful and totally unexpected. They're treating us well. Friendly Fire sounded very good for what it is. Keys to the Kingdom is a dream come true for me. Great to hear that they are not done with The Hunting Party. 

They played Breaking The Habit, they played Friendly Fire, they have a new song, they are touring around the world.

They're moving on, looking ahead. They will respect the past, sure, but they won't be stuck on it crying or mourning over Chester at every concert.

This is Linkin Park. Chester would LOVE they just kept going.

54 minutes ago, igus said:

It might just be too hard for them. Playing One More Light and mentioning Chester every other song would be, like someone said, a major mood killer. Hollywood Bowl 2017 already happened. We'll never forget him. Telling the audience that they are signing for Chester for the entire night is very gracefully done. 

I can't even listen to OML (the song). When I play Papercuts in my car, I skip that track. I'm not ready for the rush of emotions when I go pick up groceries or visit my family. The only time I can do it is when I'm alone after a couple beers… Then I even challenge myself not to cry. Sometimes I manage to, sometimes I fail. 

It might even partially be the reason Rob left the band and Brad doesn't want to play live. Brad looked very upset for the majority of the Hollywood Bowl show. Or when Chris Cornell died, and they played OML on Kimmel's, he almost broke down looking at Chester towards the end of the song. These things are difficult. And the careful dosage of mentions of Chester is there for a reason. 

On the other note, I've finished watching the recording of the show. I'm surprised they played Breaking The Habit. I thought they retired that song. My December was beautiful and totally unexpected. They're treating us well. Friendly Fire sounded very good for what it is. Keys to the Kingdom is a dream come true for me. Great to hear that they are not done with The Hunting Party. 

Well said! I fully agree!

I always skip OML (the song) even when it comes on the radio, I don't want to be sad all day.

Also during the Post Traumatic tour Mike honored Chester!

I'm happy they're having fun and enjoying to be back outside again.

It's 2024, they have a new song out, a new album is on the way, LPTV is back, plus they're performing!

Personally I am extremely grateful for all of this.