RUMOR: New Linkin Park song "Heavy Is The Crown" to drop on September 24

PeppePark

Also Mike Elizondo's name is there, the guy who Mike Shinoda said was their top candidate as a bass player when Phoenix left. But Phoenix is on there too. Really interesting that Colin and Emily aren't there, either.

35 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Could this be a reworked version of an old demo?

it won't surprise me if some of the new songs are demos from random LP ERA's. It would be really fascinating if Mike grabbed something unfinished from Meteora, HT, MTM or THP just based off of the sound so far and re-worked it, even if it was a simple riff idea or a ''seed'' rather than a demo. 

4 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Last Bring Me The Horizon album had this problem. 6 songs released before (some of them more than 1 year earlier) and when the album dropped it didn't feel refreshing, it felt almost like Papercuts (a compilation with some new things in it).

I guess 2 singles before the album is alright to hear, there's another 8 full songs to hear (one is a short intro). 

I strongly disagree with your statement. While the wait for Nex Gen was annoying to the bone since they put out DiE4u 3 years ago, the album was worth the wait, it has so many bangers like R.I.P, Top 10 Statues That Cried Blood, Youtopia, A Bullet With My Name On and possibly their best song yet, Dig It.

20 minutes ago, igus said:

My guess is that the credit is “written by Linkin Park” but the database does not have the lineup of LP updated and lists the former members. Mike Elizondo could be a collaborator.

This could be the case or Chesters estate has a stake in LP still.

9 hours ago, Hybrider said:

The whole album release seems early to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they release another song this month.

Albums release quickly these days after lead singles a lot of the time because it’s the streaming era now. Linkin Park hasn’t released an official album since streaming is how you dominate the charts these days. This means you want the album to come out quickly after the first single so you don’t lose hype. 

8 hours ago, Coizu said:

Praeco (or his real name Christian Linke), the Creative Director of Riot, is also a fan of Linkin Park as far as I am aware.
In his youth he was even part of a band that was basically a carbon copy of LP and they had some success in Germany but he doesn‘t seem to like to talk about it lol (the band was originally called Panik and then Nevada Tan if you want to look it up).
For the longest time I was expecting Linkin Park for the Worlds anthem. Excited to see it finally happen. 

I wonder if it is a case like Starwalking by Lil Nas X where they simply took a finished song or if it‘s like most other World anthems and they collaborated together. Riot has an amazing music team and some of their works are overall favorites of me. Especially the stuff produced by Sebastien Najand. 

Also worth noting: if this is true they will definitely perform during the opening ceremony of the finals. 

I love the song “Die For You” from Valorant. Such a banger

10 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Who is credited in TEM?

Neal Avron - Mixer
BRAD DELSON - Guitar, Co-Producer
MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Vocals, RecordingEngineer
Phoenix - Bass
Ethan Mates - RecordingEngineer
Joe Hahn - Programming
Emily Armstrong - Vocals
Scott Skrzynski - Assistant Mixer
Colin Brittain - Drums, Co-Producer
Emerson Mancini - Masterer

20 hours ago, deanowardust said:

could this be the healing foot remix with twenty one pilots that was hinted at?

I heard this rumor a while back and I was baffled by it. Like out of all the songs, why the hell would they choose Healing Foot? It was pretty funny to me.

On 9/10/2024 at 9:22 AM, Coizu said:

Praeco (or his real name Christian Linke), the Creative Director of Riot, is also a fan of Linkin Park as far as I am aware.
In his youth he was even part of a band that was basically a carbon copy of LP and they had some success in Germany but he doesn‘t seem to like to talk about it lol (the band was originally called Panik and then Nevada Tan if you want to look it up).
For the longest time I was expecting Linkin Park for the Worlds anthem. Excited to see it finally happen. 

I wonder if it is a case like Starwalking by Lil Nas X where they simply took a finished song or if it‘s like most other World anthems and they collaborated together. Riot has an amazing music team and some of their works are overall favorites of me. Especially the stuff produced by Sebastien Najand. 

Also worth noting: if this is true they will definitely perform during the opening ceremony of the finals. 

I've seen that guy Christian Linke credited in a lot of Pentakill songs. Never expected him to be a LP fan. Now this makes me hope for a collab between the two bands.

Would love to hear Emily singing some heavy metal.

Edited by MetalNacional
typo