RUMOR: New Linkin Park song "Heavy Is The Crown" to drop on September 24

PeppePark

Oooh, we're so back!

Just a few days after the huge Linkin Park comeback — new lineup, secret live show, new single, new tour dates, new album, whaaat!? — we're already diving back into the speculation zone. Could there be another new song on the horizon? And not just any song, but one tied to the global gaming phenomenon League of Legends?

The rumor mill is buzzing, and for good reasons.

League of Legends is set to announce their highly anticipated Worlds 2024 Anthem, the theme song for their upcoming esports tournament, on September 24, at 5 PM British time. A curious interaction on social media has caught our attention: the official League of Legends Twitter account replied to a Linkin Park tweet with a crown emoji 👑

Well, the new Linkin Park album From Zero, dropping on November 15, features a track titled "Heavy Is The Crown👀

Mike Shinoda himself jumped into the mix, dropping a fire emoji under a tweet by Arcane, the hit TV series set in the League of Legends universe.
P.S. Do we all remember that iconic moment from the Arcane premiere back in 2021, when Twitch streamer Ovilee May hilariously didn’t recognize Mike, right? 🤣

Coincidence? Maybe. But here's where things get even more interesting. Linkin Park will play at the O2 Arena in London on the very day of the song reveal!
And wouldn’t you know it, it's at the same venue where the League of Legends World Championship final ceremony will take place on November 2.

Could we see the band debut this song live at their upcoming show in Los Angeles tomorrow?
And could we even see them take the stage at the League of Legends event?

When asked about it, Mike commented on Discord, in a very unserious way, "what's a leaf of legumes?"

Heavy is the crown, indeed, and we just might be looking at Linkin Park's next epic anthem.
Stay tuned, as this could be a monumental moment for both music and gaming fans alike!

2 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

It seems a little early to release another new song, but if it's tied to an event there's not a lot they can do about timing.

The whole album release seems early to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they release another song this month.

The timing seems ok. They dropped the first single later in relation to album release than they did during OML & THP album cycles.

I was definitely expecting them to add more new songs live during European shows and potentially drop a single.

Remember THP had whopping 5 singles out before the album release.

Praeco (or his real name Christian Linke), the Creative Director of Riot, is also a fan of Linkin Park as far as I am aware.
In his youth he was even part of a band that was basically a carbon copy of LP and they had some success in Germany but he doesn‘t seem to like to talk about it lol (the band was originally called Panik and then Nevada Tan if you want to look it up).
For the longest time I was expecting Linkin Park for the Worlds anthem. Excited to see it finally happen. 

I wonder if it is a case like Starwalking by Lil Nas X where they simply took a finished song or if it‘s like most other World anthems and they collaborated together. Riot has an amazing music team and some of their works are overall favorites of me. Especially the stuff produced by Sebastien Najand. 

Also worth noting: if this is true they will definitely perform during the opening ceremony of the finals. 

Edited by Coizu

4 minutes ago, Coizu said:

(the band was originally called Panik and then Nevada Tan if you want to look it up)

Wow, haven't heard these names in a while. Yeah, they were moderately successful over here.

I'm on board with them dropping some songs before the release. It gives more songs from the album the chance to shine. If someone doesn't want to listen to it, just don't and wait for the album release.

This is great news considering all the negatives the world is trying to throw at the band and singer as of lately. I read a comment saying ''And again, another good thing we're not allowed to have'', as in, every time we have a reason to enjoy something, or be excited, it's as if it does not come without Taxes (negativity). You can tell there's a lot of party poopers out there right now wanting to diminish any ounce of positivity or excitement about LP's return, so much that every source announcing the band and their mothers have to talk about it now, so i can't hide from it, but i am choosing to not let that ruin my own experiences. This website is the only safe space on the internet for LP fans and it's still not completely safe lmao. 

48 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

If someone doesn't want to listen to it, just don't and wait for the album release.

That would mean that I have to have the tiniest shred of self control when it comes to new Linkin Park music. As somebody who's listened to The Emptiness Machine on repeat since it dropped, that's not happening. lol

4 minutes ago, Xelawie said:

Don't know if I am stupid, but since English isn't my mother tongue, could someone please explain the "leaf of legumes" hint? I get the literal translation but cant make anything out of it 😅

It‘s just something that kinda sounds similar to League of Legends. 

51 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

If someone doesn't want to listen to it, just don't and wait for the album release.

Easier said than done 😀 

But they'll definitely release new songs before the album anyway, to keep momentum. One is a given, and I suspect maybe another one will come sometimes late October.

3 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

That would mean that I have to have the tiniest shred of self control when it comes to new Linkin Park music. As somebody who's listened to The Emptiness Machine on repeat since it dropped, that's not happening. lol

Haha, yeah, fair enough. But you can find solace in the fact that you probably will listen to all those songs for years to come anyway. So just go crazy and enjoy them :)

5 minutes ago, murphyLP said:

If it's a official release why would people wait for the whole album?
Didn't you hear The Emptiness Machine yet?!

Since the album is quite short, people want to try to have the most amount of never-heard-before content on the day of the actual release. It all comes down on what you want your experience to be

Edited by KiddIsAlive

Last Bring Me The Horizon album had this problem. 6 songs released before (some of them more than 1 year earlier) and when the album dropped it didn't feel refreshing, it felt almost like Papercuts (a compilation with some new things in it).

I guess 2 singles before the album is alright to hear, there's another 8 full songs to hear (one is a short intro). 

Edited by vinifeijo

In some weird technical way this won‘t be the first involvement of Linkin Park in the worlds anthem. Colin was the vocal producer on Legends Never Die which was the anthem in 2017. 

Also be prepared for a similar music video like this and don‘t expect a normal Linkin Park video. 

Edited by Coizu

29 minutes ago, Coizu said:

In some weird technically way this won‘t be the first involvement of Linkin Park in the worlds anthem. Collin was the vocal producer on Legends Never Die which was the anthem in 2017. 

Also be prepared for a similar music video like this and don‘t expect a normal Linkin Park video. 

Wild to think a week ago, you would've been incorrect saying this. A LOT has happened since then 😂 😂