2024.09.05 - Los Angeles, CA (Special Event)

RogueSoul

It's been awhile, hasn't it? Ladies and gentlemen, we may be back in business! It is my distinct pleasure to bring you the first LPLive pre-show (pre-event?) post in over 5 years! That being said, we're not entirely sure what's going to be happening here either, so we can't exactly call it a "show" yet. But as we wait with baited breath for answers, let's all get caught up to speed.

This event will be livestreamed on LinkinPark.com and YouTube! Tune in to their website or the above video at 3PM PST on September 5 so you don't miss it! More info below.

Linkin Park are set to appear in front of fans and the whole Internet together -- as the full band -- for the first time since the monumental Chester Bennington memorial show at the Hollywood Bowl in October 2017. That show needs no introduction - after Chester's passing, the band united for one last show to pay tribute to him, bringing along faces from the whole music industry to help perform in his stead. That was the last time we really saw all five band members in the same place together and the same time (and we're not including Zoom calls...). Mike Shinoda then embarked on his Post Traumatic era, playing shows around the world in 2018 and 2019, helping fans grieve and recover through one of the only ways we know how: ugly singing our favorite songs at a concert.

Since 2019, however, it's been tough pickings for us who love seeing and hearing bands play live. Shinoda's sparse performances since then have been with proper studio setups, most recently being his 'Already Over' Sessions where he composed region-specific "supergroups" (with both musicians and influencers alike) to perform the song, including one particular performance that sort of started this whole thing off: the Australian performance of the song, featuring Bonnie Frasier of Stand Atlantic on screaming duty for 'Bleed It Out.' That, paired with rumors this year from Orgy's Jay Gordon and articles from Billboard stating that the band were looking for a female lead to perform with, have all boiled over until this very moment. Us fans, however, still have no idea what's going on. And hopefully, after the band trolled the entire Internet for two weeks straight with a countdown timer, we will get our answers today.

Mike Shinoda's Sydney episode of the 'Already Over' sessions, featuring Bonnie Fraser (from Stand Atlantic), Tash Wolf, Mitchell Black, James Karagiozis (from Between You & Me), and Daniel Furnari (from Polaris). They kick off with the first ever live performance of 'Already Over' before kicking into 'Bleed It Out.' Is this a sneak peek of what's to come?

Those who have been around for a long time know that there are always some sort of leak leading up to a big release or announcement. That's part of the reason why this event is going to be so monumental - we have no idea what's happening. Will they perform? Will there be new music? Will it be a meet-and-greet and Q&A session situation? Will they have a new member? Did they find Rob Bourdon? Not a single piece of information about this event has been made clear, besides a big message to attendees to stay hydrated (an Excessive Heat Advisory is in place for Los Angeles and much of western California, so if you're there, be careful! More info here) and to make sure your phone is charged so that you can share videos and pictures on social media. LPLive founder Hahninator will be there, and even he is in the dark about what's going on, but LPLive will have coverage for you from both inside the event and from home, watching the stream. Be sure to say hi if you see him! 

Whether or not you can be in Los Angeles for the event, don't worry, because it's being livestreamed! The ominous glitches in the countdown livestream at nine minutes and five seconds (9:05 = September 5) led us to the next livestream, and this time it's safe to expect more than just numbers! The stream is scheduled to start at 3:00PM PST and is linked above as a YouTube livestream (titled 'ø' might I add). LinkinPark.com also directs directly to the livestream and a few other resources to stay connected. The YouTube livestream automatically adjusts to your timezone and will tell you what time it'll start for you, so check there so you're certain exactly what time it'll start where you are!

Whatever happens next, it's super exciting that we'll all be finding out together. Maybe we won't all agree on the next steps they make, but one thing we can be happy about is that this band that is very dear to our hearts will be back in action. Some questions we hope get answered at this include: what exactly is the current band lineup now - is everyone back? Do they have new music ready to go? Will the band be performing again? Are tour dates to follow? This could fall anywhere between an LPU meet and greet and an LPU Summit, and we have no idea what to expect (for once!). But we made it here, and we're finally ready for the next chapter, whatever it may bring.

Let us know your predictions for tomorrow below or hit us on social media on Twitter/X or Instagram! We'll be updating this post with information and posting on both of those live, so follow us if you don't already so you don't miss the party! To everyone who's stuck around with us through these last few years, it's a great pleasure to still have you here and to be filled with the same excitement we used to feel all those years ago. Shoutout to LPLive members Justin and JZLP-RoadsUntraveled for hyping me up in the shoutbox and keeping the community alive all this time. We'll see you on the other side, it's time to rock!

SETLIST:

1. 2024 Mashup Intro (w/ The Requiem, CASTLE OF GLASS, The Emptiness Machine, & Somewhere I Belong)
  2. The Emptiness Machine (World Premiere)
  3. Somewhere I Belong
  4. Crawling
  5. Lying From You
  6. The Catalyst (Ext. Intro)
  7. Waiting For The End (w/ New Intro)
  8. Numb (w/ Numb/Encore Intro)
  9. One Step Closer (Reanimation Intro; New Ext. Outro)
  10. Lost (Live Debut; Piano Version; Shortened)
  11. What I've Done
  12. In The End (Distorted Intro)
  13. Faint (Ext. Outro)

---------------------------------

14. Papercut (w/ CASTLE OF GLASS Intro)

15. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'A Place For My Head')

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG I'm really excited about this man thanks for writing an awesome preshow post as always you are the king.

Always classy

I'm FUCKING excited about this.

I don't know if you read about it un the shout box but I was just thinking about the time that you corrected my one and only preshow post amazing times.

I hope that I can met the band again and have them sign my preshow post you should do that too it seems like a cool idea.

I know that for some of you im annoying, my English sucks but I've been around in LPL since 2008 one of the OG members.

I have visited this site daily and there were times that I was like the only one in the shout box trying to create some discussion (or talking shit about OML) I fucking love this site not many people can understand that.

Thanks LPL for being my home 16 years damn what a ride, I wonder when I'm going to get my username in blue 🔵 lol

I fucking love you guys thanks for everything 

I will rag3 tomorrow but it will be a rage of love

Don't know if that makes sense

Let's FUCKING GO

Edited by JZLP-RoadsUntraveled

It's been a long 7 years and I'm so excited. A lot of questions will be answered and hopefully we get a clearer picture of what's to come in the near future after tomorrow is all set and done.

8 minutes ago, StrikeKill27 said:

Leaving work early soon so I can catch my flight at 6am! Gonna land 8am local time so I’ll finally have a chance to explore LA solo before the show!  :)

Be careful of the heat. It is no joke. 

thanks everyone for the kind words 🥹 warms my heart everyone is happy to see these posts after all this time. can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!

fingers crossed for many more to come