Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

7 minutes ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

But it is LP. and this is going in circles

I mean this with no malice, but have you, in the 7 years since Chester's passing, looked to addressing this in therapy?

I have had therapy for a different reason, I also have a really rare hereditary illness, and yeah, like many, im probably still not over CB death. Still doesn't really have anything to do with my thoughts and opinions on this.

We are going in circles with this yes, I really dont want to argue tbh, just feels like there is a specific viewpoint in here, and thats fine, but so too is mine. 

Im going to shut up now because its getting boring, but as you can see from the above comment by that nerd RYG4R, theres a narative in here of this is Linkin Park and if you dont agree get out of here !

Like STFU its an opinion shared by loads of fans. 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Subs said:

I have had therapy for a different reason, I also have a really rare hereditary illness, and yeah, like many, im probably still not over CB death. Still doesn't really have anything to do with my thoughts and opinions on this.

We are going in circles with this yes, I really dont want to argue tbh, just feels like there is a specific viewpoint in here, and thats fine, but so too is mine. 

Im going to shut up now because its getting boring, but as you can see from the above comment by that nerd RYG4R, theres a narative in here of this is Linkin Park and if you dont agree get out of here !

Like STFU its an opinion shared by loads of fans. 

Rygar was out of line with that

I asked because of genuine concern of how strong of a reaction you have had in re: to the idea of LP moving on w/o Chester. No intention to discredit what you've said, I do wish you the best

16 minutes ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

Rygar was out of line with that

I asked because of genuine concern of how strong of a reaction you have had in re: to the idea of LP moving on w/o Chester. No intention to discredit what you've said, I do wish you the best

Ill support them. Im not hating on them for wanting to move on. Id rather they not, but as stated multiple times it doesnt matter what I want. I know they are going to be called Linkin Park.

But im not really sure anyone has been paying attention to what Ive said anyway on this thread tbh, so i give up lol. Look at the actual LPLstaff reply 🥱

I do wonder though. What if we really are looking too much into this, what if just for now it is a tour and no new music ? 100% down for that, maybe they will test the waters afterwards then with the tour reaction

Edited by Subs

7 minutes ago, Subs said:

Ill support them. Im not hating on them for wanting to move on.

Honestly, I'm kinda with you concerning your sentiment. Chester will always be the most important part of the Linkin Park I loved and cherished for so long. I probably won't feel even 25% of the hype levels like I used to before 2017. But I also came to terms with the fact that LP is mostly Mike and Brad when it comes to songwriting. So the old myth of LP being 6 guys on the same level is long gone for me. The main architects of LP are still with us and thus I'm curious what they'll come up with in the future.

But I also want the rest of the band to be happy and artistically active. I will follow their output and probably enjoy a good lot of it. I'm super intrigued by a possible female lead vocalist and the opportunities which it presents for the band. It will still be Linkin Park for me because of Mike and Brad. Still, I will never feel the same excitement about new stuff by them because it was always Chester that got me hooked.

The clash that has been going on here for some time is simply a fundamental disagreement in the definition of the concept Linkin Park. You guys are simply not talking about the same thing, so agreement can never be reached.

Subs talks about LP in a narrow sense——the LP with Chester. But Chester's voice is a trait of LP(perhaps a very iconic one), not LP itself. But the others who disagree define LP in a general sense.

Linkin Park as a band is dynamically changing and constantly evolving. In this whole course of evolution, there are definitely many traits in LP. And when we say something is not LP, it means that the LP now doesn't have the traits that used to be there. But we should define LP by the things they do, not only by the things they had formerly done, and definitely not what we think they should do.

What Subs means by saying LP without CB is not LP actually is that LP without CB is not the LP that it used to be, the classic LP that many of us love. Because Chester's vocals is a very iconic trait in LP's music, something we might have lost forever.

Just like when we say MTM is not LP, we mean that the LP style in the former two albums are mostly not present in MTM anymore. But MTM contains new LP traits, new music DNA, and these traits are still a part of LP.

And it's totally fine if anyone is highly emotionally attached to LP with a particular trait, but they should (and can) agree at the same time that even the most symbolic trait is not everything about LP. LP with a new vocalist is still LP in the general sense, simply with new traits.

PS: Sorry if my expressions sound a bit cryptic, I'm used to using formal and logical languange, but not the language online.

And do please stop personal attacks, it doesn't help in any sense

Topic back open. Do not freaking blow up on people about this - this thread is just nuts. No one even knows what the band is doing, how can you get so offended about it without knowing what is happening?

6 minutes ago, Kirstie said:

I'm praying to all the Gods that Rob is involved, I'll be devastated if he's not. 

I want to see them all together!

It's hard to speculate, but on instagram Mike mentioned to Joe in a post "Dave an Brad told me to post that". Could be intentional to add to the surprise.

BUT, if we're here to speculate, Frank Zummo would be an acceptable replacement with Sum41 ending. He was awesome and respectful at the Hollywood Bowl.

Quick copy/paste from what I wrote in the shoutbox:

Rock am Ring posted that their announcement is at 4pm German time. So a little over 4 hours before the countdown hits 0. I doubt that RaR would announce LP before LP does their thing and I wouldn't be surprised if RaR posted the time to manage expectations regarding their announcements. So possibly no LP at RaR announcement on Wednesday after all.

And to take this a little bit further: if LP shows were to be announced on Wednesday, the organizers of RaR would most probably be involved in the shows in Germany (even if it wasn't RaR/RiP shows but solo shows for example) and they would most probably know about the timing. And if that's the case they most probably wouldn't have put their RaR announcement in roughly the same time frame.

Lots of ifs and speculation, but based on that I don't think we will get show dates on Wednesday. Doesn't mean they won't happen soon, but they might be announced at a different date.

I think it's still possible that they announce RaR on Wednesday. 4 hours apart between announcements is not crazy long.

4PM RaR announces LP as a headliner. 8:15PM announcement would be for LP to properly introduce themselves back to the fanbase, revealing a new vocalist and maybe put out a piece of music.

My take:

It would be odd if only one member does not join, right? If it were Mike/Dave/Brad like the Billboard article suggested, I could see that. But Mike, Dave, Brad, and Joe surely could mean Rob, right? And the reason this all took so long was to get them all on the same page and on board after writing music for so many years?

14 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

My take:

It would be odd if only one member does not join, right? If it were Mike/Dave/Brad like the Billboard article suggested, I could see that. But Mike, Dave, Brad, and Joe surely could mean Rob, right? And the reason this all took so long was to get them all on the same page and on board after writing music for so many years?

Hasn't been that long. Dont forget we had covid, side projects, and they were still mourning Chester. In between we had HT20 etc

7 hours ago, Subs said:

Thats fine, we are ALL entitled to an opinion.

People acting like mine was silly because I dared to say LP without Chester isnt LP ( literelly, symbolically, sonically ) is where I get pissed off. Like really, my opinion is probably the majority from what ive seen all over social media

I agree with you on everything tbh, other than LP returning. You articulated it very well.

Hey subs just wanted to let you know that i remember you from years for me you are a very intelligent member and you have my respect.

I understand your points yeah people are attacking you but that doesn't really matter.

Linkin Park is not just a band LP is in our blood its part of our souls.

If you feel like whats going to be presented in this new era its not LP in your heart it's okay man, you presented your opinion in a very respectful way and you deserve to be respected.

Its a really hard topic there's no right or wrong its all about feelings.

As i previously said in the shout box the opinion of people who are against the comeback its really important for me, im very interested in what people think about this new era.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Rob might have personal reasons, it could very well be health-related or he's just not into playing music anymore. Or in the end, after all this speculation, he's simply gonna be there.

Whatever happens, it's not gonna bring down my excitement. At this point I just prefer Linkin Park over no Linkin Park, it's that simple. I'm rooting for the guys after all they've been through, which was devastating to them (if you look at the videos of Mike from late 2017).

So I don't claim "ownership" of the band, I don't feel like I'm entitled to tell them what to do, or to bring down other fans' excitement. I want the band to make music, so I'm happy they most likely will

Edited by millytripleseven

14 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Hey subs just wanted to let you know that i remember you from years for me you are a very intelligent member and you have my respect.

I understand your points yeah people are attacking you but that doesn't really matter.

Linkin Park is not just a band LP is in our blood its part of our souls.

If you feel like whats going to be presented in this new era its not LP in your heart it's okay man, you presented your opinion in a very respectful way and you deserve to be respected.

Its a really hard topic there's no right or wrong its all about feelings.

As i previously said in the shout box the opinion of people who are against the comeback its really important for me, im very interested in what people think about this new era.

DM me. Im a marked man on here lol, im not allowed the opinion and ill only be accused of wrecking this thread again. Ill show you some stuff.

I think rob and joe will definitely be involved if its a tour. Pheonix loves his golf and even he is getting involved lol ( going off of the members that have reposted )

Edited by Subs

Rob is the new vocalist 😎

some people might be angry for some reasons that LP is gonna do what they about to do

the Chester I knew, I think he wanted his bandmates to be happy again and do what they are good at...with or without new singer...and he would support them with everything he got

IMO, LP is not just chester or mike or....

LP is a family that includes all of us too and if they have a new male or female singer,in my eyes, that new person is just a new member and not a replacement for Chester

I wish them all the luck and happiness and joys in the world

Edited by lpplus