Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

you are obsessed with that lol

The second single from the third album has NOTHING to do with the future of the band, save for likely being a song they will play on tour, but most people here are convinced the band couldn’t do anything without having first posting clips and the 4K music video

48 minutes ago, linkindan said:

The second single from the third album has NOTHING to do with the future of the band, save for likely being a song they will play on tour, but most people here are convinced the band couldn’t do anything without having first posting clips and the 4K music video

we know lol. You’ve mentioned it once or twice now 😉 

People have different expectations, which results in different options. Not everybody is going to agree with everything which is fine.

Personally, I think it's few performance/Maybe a tour.

But an album usually comes with a tour.

However in this new age, you'll never know what you'll do what makes sense to them.

We'll see, I'm excited tho!

11 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

My theory is (pun intended) Mike saying he’s been “in the lab working” is code for in the studio making new music. And given the time frame of the “leak” about a possible female singer I don’t feel like that’s enough time

to make new music, which it’s possible but not the way LP takes time to make it. But it’s way enough time to rehearse for live shows. So I’m guessing based off that, new music as a 5 piece band and female singer to help with live shows only, but I’m probably totally wrong lol

Band have definitely made new music 

Totally in for a female vocalist who has the power to sing heavy stuff and capable of pop too. I absolutely don’t think we are getting  a Chester clone and I think we are getting new music too, like, tour + at least a new song 

Pretty excited. Not just me, there's already a lot of hype building up among the fans in my local area (most of them probably don't get on lpl tho), dreaming about new music and tours.

Definitely something big coming, I dunno what it is. Maybe some live shows, also we might get new music. If there really is a new female vocalist, I hope she'll be decent. All we can do now is to wait for the countdown to end.

I just hope the fans would be tolerant and open-minded. Many may be against the idea of a new vocalist or something, and I do understand their feelings. Chester can't, and will never be replaced, but there's no need to get locked up inside the past, right? I look forward to getting new stuff from the band, and it's great they're moving on after so many years of status quo.

We have the freedom like or dislike any LP's decisions, but please at least respect others.

12 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

On Mike's post in his Instagram, Joe made a comment kidding about "not knowing what it was about".

And Mike replied "Dave and Brad told me to do that."

The important clue here: no Rob mentioned in this conversation.

I have the theory that he simply got tired of the touring life. That's it. 

Rob's definitely in the middle of nowhere not getting bothered by anybody, as usual. Good for him tbh.

And as long as they're doing 1 or more shows again with all 5 together + possibly a collaboration, I want them to broadcast it so badly, at least one of them, because I would definitely be extremly pissed if a big ass festival can't bother or agree/allow to show a full perfomance in 2024/25.

Edited by RentEznor

people keep assuming rob is in the middle of the ocean with no phone and no technology when most likely he is on all socials with a private account, probably more than involved with progress of the band and if they tour im sure he wil join. You guys make it seem like he is a caveman

40 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

people keep assuming rob is in the middle of the ocean with no phone and no technology when most likely he is on all socials with a private account, probably more than involved with progress of the band and if they tour im sure he wil join. You guys make it seem like he is a caveman

Maybe you are Rob? Like Charlene McGigglecox........ (If you know you know)

I really wonder what LP did for fans and the band itself. Everything is speculation, but my guess is they'll have a couple of tours with new female singer and maybe they'll announce new album after this countdown. That would be a mega big unexpectable surprise for fans. Bleed It Out with new female singer could be a single and a new album could sound like a Minutes to Midnight.

Edited by Hybrider

17 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

On Mike's post in his Instagram, Joe made a comment kidding about "not knowing what it was about".

And Mike replied "Dave and Brad told me to do that."

The important clue here: no Rob mentioned in this conversation.

He also said, 'I have no idea what's going on'. So that's clearly Rob, Joe and Mike out.

New duo band named BAD (Brad and Dave) has been confirmed. 

Since there is almost no discussion around the ø (which I guess is just because it has too many meanings) here is my prediction:

ø is used because there is no album title. It will be self titled.

4 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Since there is almost no discussion around the ø (which I guess is just because it has too many meanings) here is my prediction:

I think it's just generically being used to signify "zero" or "blank slate" for the new beginning. Maybe the character will appear in a new song title 

7 minutes ago, Coizu said:

My thoughts are around the idea of zero being the beggining. In programming, geography and other fields everything starts with 0. So it may be a reset, a new beggining for the band. Also an artist that worked for this countdown-related stuff said that the Zero = Xero = Linkin Park correlation is "close". My bets are on a "soft reset" of the band. 

14 minutes ago, Coizu said:

in my heart it means Xero, going back to their roots with Mike doing tons of rapping over hip hop or nu metal.

i said that a million times the band needs to create tracks that hit hard they could easily do more songs that have the spirit of PAPERCUT that one doesnt even have a single screaming part and crowds go wild for it.

its not an opinion but its a fact that mike has failed to create a pop song with him on vocals it like his wet dream to be coldplay 2 but it will never work

go back to their roots lets remind to the world that they can still rock even if Chester is not around

its obvious that they need another vocalist for the tour but they could create an album with mike on lead vocals doing what he does best.

go all out guys.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

10 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

its not an opinion but its a fact that mike has failed to create a pop song with him on vocals it like his wet dream to be coldplay 2 but it will never work

What? Where did you hear that 'fact'? You mean invisible? Sorry For Now? Waiting for tommorow feat. Mike Shinoda? Crossing a line? Has he failed because one more light album wasn't that successful as HT or Meteora? 

Well, claiming that something isn't an opinion but a fact, does not make it a fact.

Anyway, from what i heard, a designer Alan Ashcraft has something to do with it.

48 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Personally I was wondering if it was a reference to Xero and if the band are reforming but not with all members, i.e Rob is not in the band anymore, so they have a new singer and at least a new drummer, maybe they don't call themselves LP anymore, but go back to the original name of Xero or something inspired by that, like a fresh start, but going back to the original idea and roots of LP.

To me that makes a lot of sense and gets around a lot of the 'issues', having a female singer, makes less comparisons to Chester, renaming the band but keeping a connection to the original allows them to break free but also move forward, less comparisons, less people getting upset at it just being a 'legacy' band cashing in on the LP name etc.

Edited by Smarky