"Bleed It Out" ...and other rumblings

LPLStaff

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

From Mike's website today:

"Hey everyone! I've been locked away in the lab for a while, in between a couple summer trips. So many exciting things planned for you. In the meantime, I posted a new piece of art--you can find it in The Bazaar. For those of you who are Zig holders / digital art collectors, you can use your keys for a discount, as usual."

Now we're cooking with fire. One thing though is that if LP is gonna launch a new vocalist soon, I think they'd have less Chester in their socials for a bit. Like I'd expect a steady-stream of content where Mike or other continuing members are speaking/highlighted, with a few very vague teasers for whatever is new (Mike holding a guitar writing in a studio with Brad or whatever) and then an all-at-once drop of the new single/show announcement 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

I can't see BIO being the core of a possible comeback, it's far from their most recognizable songs.

But those festivals mentioning LP all out of nowhere, that's a clue!

I feel like that’s what makes it BIO the perfect song to lead with and ease us in to a new singer. It’s still a hit, and a song everybody knows but it’s not really an iconic Chester Linkin Park song, and it’s a great live song they can use for media appearances while promoting the comeback.

I feel like if they came right out of the gate with a new version of Numb, In The End, or other songs on that similar level, it might not sit as well with a lot of people and just feel kinda weird/wrong.

I also think if this were to happen, it makes way more sense to start with a few songs that feature Mike fairly prominently as well, just to keep it feeling like Linkin Park rather than just some random cover.

not saying that’s what’s happening right now with the tweets, but just a random theory. I’d personally be a lot happier if they came back with a new song or a new album though rather than re-recording classics, but it does make way more sense to start with some familiarity. 

Edited by milkshake227
Added a little more

I don't think LP is ever going to back down from Chester content, nor should they. Bleed It Out is a good song to start with a new vocalist for fans, considering how well the Sydney video with Mike was received.

10 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Bleed It Out is a good song to start with a new vocalist for fans, considering how well the Sydney video with Mike was received.

Yeah exactly. From a marketing stand point it makes the most sense to me

1 hour ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Seems like they're going to introduce the new singer by having them cover Bleed it Out. 

Yeah and there's some people who believe that they are goint to have someone who will skip the bridge because they are going to pick someone that cant scream 😂😂😂

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

8 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

"Hey everyone! I've been locked away in the lab for a while, in between a couple summer trips. So many exciting things planned for you. In the meantime, I posted a new piece of art--you can find it in The Bazaar. For those of you who are Zig holders / digital art collectors, you can use your keys for a discount, as usual."

Is it time to get the hype train rolling? If so choo choo baby! 

13 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

This message + the rumors by various sites makes me seriously think... 

4 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

think of what? share your thoughts 

Think that they have in store something for sure, like, they never built hype for nothing. There's also a new Deezer picture with only Mike Joe and Phoenix 

Edited by Somebodyangry

But are we sure that Deezer's photo is new and uploaded in recent days? I don't know why but it seems to me that it has been around for some time, but I'm probably wrong (I hope so!)

3 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

Think that they have in store something for sure, like, they never built hype for nothing. There's also a new Deezer picture with only Mike Joe and Phoenix 

Can you post a screenshot? 

Edited by Yucker

7 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

That photo is from after the Hollywood Bowl show in 2017 and was used on various music platforms by the band since then.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Is the last clip going to be them rehearsing with the new singer? Would be a genius move.

how about...

rehearsal  camera shows every original band member..

the new vocalist remains in the shadows..

one more week of waiting, hype levels to the max.

5 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

how about...

rehearsal  camera shows every original band member..

the new vocalist remains in the shadows..

one more week of waiting, hype levels to the max.

As I said before. I hate that hype I rather have the bandage ripped off. 

Because I'm becoming way to anxious if they announce a tour that I also need to announce to my wife that I need to fly to Europe for solely a LP show! (I live in the Caribbean)

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Is the last clip going to be them rehearsing with the new singer? Would be a genius move.

it would be so dope, i can totally picture it. but trying to keep expectations low in case it’s not that.

It's good to see Mike post an update after months of silence, but still it could mean anything. Could very well be a Fort Minor / solo album.

The only conclusion is that something big is coming, "many exciting things" (plural) could indicate a release + promotion + maybe an actual live tour. Zero indication what it's for, solo project or LP.

I love the excitement, but also I'd hate to get excited for LP comeback, get a Mike record + tour (which is a good thing) and get bummed about it because I was expecting LP comeback.

17 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

It's good to see Mike post an update after months of silence, but still it could mean anything. Could very well be a Fort Minor / solo album.

The only conclusion is that something big is coming, "many exciting things" (plural) could indicate a release + promotion + maybe an actual live tour. Zero indication what it's for, solo project or LP.

I love the excitement, but also I'd hate to get excited for LP comeback, get a Mike record + tour (which is a good thing) and get bummed about it because I was expecting LP comeback.

The teasers are literally coming from Linkin Park. No way it's a solo thing from Mike.