Three members of Linkin Park are mulling a possible 2025 tour with female vocalist

36 minutes ago, AceWav said:

It’s not as bad as those who constantly say “it won’t be the same without Chester” like no shit Sherlock I think we figured that out on July 20th, 2017 😂

I realized years ago that no matter what happens, there will be people acting like it's disrespectful to Chester's memory to do it and the worst possible decision ever.

So whenever LP does officially announce anything, I'll talk about it here on LPL but I'll absolutely avoid comment sections about it on every single other platform. It'll be messy and full of melodrama no matter what.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Justin said:

I realized years ago that no matter what happens, there will be people acting like it's disrespectful to Chester's memory to do it and the worst possible decision ever.

So whenever LP does officially announce anything, I'll talk about it here on LPL but I'll absolutely avoid comment sections about it on every single other platform. It'll be messy and full of melodrama no matter what.

I've seen the "a female singer is the best way to avoid comparisons to Chester" argument a lot in the last few months and I just don't think that is true at all. No matter what they do next, there will be comparisons to the work they did with Chester. There's simply no way to avoid that. Also, everything Linkin Park has released since 2004 (yep, many people hated Collision Course) has caused a big shitshow in the community, so I don't expect their next move to be any different.

28 minutes ago, Justin said:

I second this so much. I will avoid YouTube comment section and especially reddit because that’s where I see the most repetition. I hate to call this one out because I understand everyone’s on their own timeline but even after 7 years, I cannot stand seeing those comments along the lines of “Ever since Chester died I haven’t been able to be happy and move on”. It’s some form of “I’m stuck and sad and depressed” but Mike clearly moved on years ago so why can’t they? This is one of those types of comments I just don’t understand. Or the “I haven’t been able to listen to LP ever since then” then why are you commenting on a LP video? It’s weird.

14 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I've seen the "a female singer is the best way to avoid comparisons to Chester" argument a lot in the last few months and I just don't think that is true at all. No matter what they do next, there will be comparisons to the work they did with Chester. There's simply no way to avoid that. Also, everything Linkin Park has released since 2004 (yep, many people hated Collision Course) has caused a big shitshow in the community, so I don't expect their next move to be any different.

I agree and even I fell for that argument till I realized what it actually will do is continue the polarizing switch up their known for. That’s the only thing I think female vocals will accomplish for their sound moving forward, is how different of a band they will sound in ways like every other album in retrospect.

1 hour ago, AceWav said:

I second this so much. I will avoid YouTube comment section and especially reddit because that’s where I see the most repetition. I hate to call this one out because I understand everyone’s on their own timeline but even after 7 years, I cannot stand seeing those comments along the lines of “Ever since Chester died I haven’t been able to be happy and move on”. It’s some form of “I’m stuck and sad and depressed” but Mike clearly moved on years ago so why can’t they? This is one of those types of comments I just don’t understand. Or the “I haven’t been able to listen to LP ever since then” then why are you commenting on a LP video? It’s weird.

I like to call it "play the poor victim to gain sympathy and popularity on the internet". It's obviously a lie, but those people like to be the center of attention for all the wrong reasons 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

I like to call it "play the poor victim to gain sympathy and popularity on the internet". It's obviously a lie, but those people like to be the center of attention for all the wrong reasons 

Straight facts. Some people are seriously addicted to that like count. “Wow thanks for all the likes!” Yeah here’s your trophy 🏆 for most liked sympathetic award 😂

Edited by AceWav
I’m about to break

Posted (edited)

If they went with a guy and Alex McMillan could work a bit more on his screams he'd be a good fit. He sounds close enough to Chester but doesn't mimic him in the same way that Hybrid Theory try to. 

You could even add two vocalists one male and one female if you wanna cover a few bases.

Edited by Alexcrz87

2 hours ago, Alexcrz87 said:

If they went with a guy and Alex McMillan could work a bit more on his screams he'd be a good fit. He sounds close enough to Chester but doesn't mimic him in the same way that Hybrid Theory try to. 

You could even add two vocalists one male and one female if you wanna cover a few bases.

Not enough pipes for being a pro. singer.

4 hours ago, Alexcrz87 said:

Mike literally said he wouldn’t ever hire a chester sound alike or even work with someone who sounds like Mike himself! And I hate to say it but Alex definitely mimics Chester thus the thousand LP covers because he understands he can utilize his tonality to support his music career and I don’t blame him one bit. I would do exactly the same if I had the pipes and tone like him. It’s working out for him. But it would be really weird and kind of disrespectful to Chester to put him in the actual band. How would Chester feel if he were still around and Mike used a “sound alike” to replace Chester? Not a good move. The same goes for Dimitris P. No hate if they’re reading this but it’s true. 

As far as the reddit/youtube comments, they're always gonna be there to some extent, but also they're gonna die down as the band actually gets out there & starts being active again. People will accept the new identity (those who won't, will either move on, or stay in comment sections as a complaining minority).

Right now a lot of that comes from the fear of the unknown combined with grief after Chester's passing, because many people still haven't moved on.

3 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

As far as the reddit/youtube comments, they're always gonna be there to some extent, but also they're gonna die down as the band actually gets out there & starts being active again. People will accept the new identity (those who won't, will either move on, or stay in comment sections as a complaining minority).

Right now a lot of that comes from the fear of the unknown combined with grief after Chester's passing, because many people still haven't moved on.

Yeah this sounds realistic. And that’s also why I wanted to be careful in my comment about those grieving, it’s okay to feel sad and be reminded and feel sad again and I think to various levels we all feel that way as time goes on. But it doesn’t seem healthy to constantly put yourself in those emotions and consistently bring it up whenever possible, especially in hopes to gain sympathy, because at that point it comes off as selfish and needy for attention. Theres a massive group of these types of people who seem to feed off one another’s similar comments and emotions and it’s like they’re all stirring in their own big pot of sadness for 7 years while Mike is like “Yep. So here’s an album, here’s a bunch of singles, here’s some songs I produced for fans, here’s new unreleased LP, time to hire a new singer (if that’s actually true) and the list goes on, while having been one of the closest people to Chester. Mike makes a great example of moving on and not wallowing in his sadness. But like you said, there’s really not stopping these sort of comments moving forward, probably not for another decade till people finally get tired of their own repetitive thoughts 💭 

One thing I bet they'll do is create some new arrangements for the new singer ala Pushing Me Away on Piano. Imagine something like a new acoustic Waiting For The End or something that would really let her show her own style/tone, stuff like that is gonna do a lot for fans embracing her I think. 

On 5/12/2024 at 7:37 PM, AceWav said:

It’s not as bad as those who constantly say “it won’t be the same without Chester” like no shit Sherlock I think we figured that out on July 20th, 2017 😂

Yeah,you got a point there,I'm just feeling positive about the future of this whole thing

13 hours ago, Rokaito said:

Yeah,you got a point there,I'm just feeling positive about the future of this whole thing

Me too! A new Era seems to be upon us. We all kinda need one. Theres been a lot of going backwards in time lately (thankfully because we got new old music) but we want a better closure at the end of all this. It’s been one hell of a journey as LP fans, especially for those day 1 underground street soldiers 

On 5/18/2024 at 9:45 PM, AceWav said:

Me too! A new Era seems to be upon us. We all kinda need one. Theres been a lot of going backwards in time lately (thankfully because we got new old music) but we want a better closure at the end of all this. It’s been one hell of a journey as LP fans, especially for those day 1 underground street soldiers 

Yeah,that's for sure

6 hours ago, DavideLP said:

Are you sure? I'm not that optimist but lets see

I can’t be too sure, but yes I am pretty optimistic because I’m just looking at the fact that Mike keeps going, the band keeps putting out new music, they are doing a comeback tour… I mean, all signs for me point forward and appear to be a transitional thing. It’s like we’re in a transitional era at the moment 

So my guesses are we either get an update during the festival season which is about to start (maybe one festival bought like exclusive rights to advertise with LP on their lineup earlier for a while for example) or we have to wait until the end of the year when full festival lineups are getting revealed.

• 2 weeks later...