Three members of Linkin Park are mulling a possible 2025 tour with female vocalist

Linkin Park Considering 2025 Reunion Tour With New Vocalist

"Mike Shinoda, Brad Delson and Dave Farrell are weighing plans to bring on a female vocalist to succeed the late Chester Bennington.

Three members of Linkin Park are mulling a possible 2025 reunion tour and are considering hiring a female vocalist to succeed late lead singer Chester Bennington, several sources close to the band tell Billboard.

Booking agency WME is taking offers for a potential Linkin Park tour along with headlining festival dates featuring Mike ShinodaBrad Delson and Dave Farrell, the sources say.

The band has not indicated who will sing on behalf of Bennington.

One source tells Billboard the band is hoping to find a female vocalist to front the reunited band, matching rumors that have been making the rounds in recent weeks. On March 30, during an appearance on Wired in the Empire on KCAL 96.7, Orgy’s Jay Gordon said he had heard rumors about a Linkin Park reunion.

“Very, very cool guys and obviously a great band,” he said. “They’ve been around a long time and they’re still going for it,” he said. “It’s going to be tough without Chester, but we’ll see. I hear they got a girl singer now. That’s what I heard.”

Gordon later issued a statement saying his comments had been taken out of context, writing, “With regards to this linkin park singer thing. I know nothing about any of that.”

Shinoda was asked about a possible reunion around the April 14 release of Papercuts (Singles Collection: 2000-2023), telling Revolver magazine, “Rumors always go around. People always ask what’s next for the band, and the best answer I can ever give anybody is when there’s something to tell you, we will tell you. When there’s an announcement to be made, it will be on LinkinPark.com. If you’re hearing it from somebody else, you can trust that information as much as you want to trust it.”"

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was trying to figure out how the band could comeback there was not a single scenario in which I imagine having a female vocalist as the lead singer, I love female bands its what i listen mostly but I think that female vocals dont go well with LP's sound.

But no matter what I'll support the band, hopefuly they chose the right person for the job.. being the lead singer of LP means that you MUST be able to sing almost any genre, any style.

Why a girl? the only thing that comes to mind is that they want a fresh start, probably having a girl would help to not being compared day and night to Chester.

So allegedly they're already looking to book tour dates for 2025 with Mike, Brad, Dave. Another source says they're looking for a female vocalist, and Billboard matched it with Jay Gordon's comments.

First of all, I'm wondering why only 3 members. What would stop Joe & Rob from joining the band ? A huge part of their catalog requires a DJ/another person to operate samplers etc. during live shows.

If they come back I definitely want the remaining 5 to be there.

Another thing, y'all think they're gonna release new music ? I hope they do, and I hope it's a strong statement instead of a plain  cashgrab nostalgia tour.

All in all, pretty exciting news

Welp, if Billboard is posting this, then it's probably more likely than not that this is something that is going to happen. Interested to see how it plays out even if I'm not really interested in seeing this version of the band. Especially if it's not going to be all 5 members (which is somewhat loosely implied based on the article). One thing is for sure, this place is about to liven up quite a bit!

1 hour ago, millytripleseven said:

So allegedly they're already looking to book tour dates for 2025 with Mike, Brad, Dave. Another source says they're looking for a female vocalist, and Billboard matched it with Jay Gordon's comments.

First of all, I'm wondering why only 3 members. What would stop Joe & Rob from joining the band ? A huge part of their catalog requires a DJ/another person to operate samplers etc. during live shows.

If they come back I definitely want the remaining 5 to be there.

Another thing, y'all think they're gonna release new music ? I hope they do, and I hope it's a strong statement instead of a plain  cashgrab nostalgia tour.

All in all, pretty exciting news

I'm guessing Joe and Rob aren't interested in a reunion if this is true. Or at least not at this time. The band would almost certainly bring on a new drummer to fill Rob's spot (either a new official member or simply a touring drummer). Joe would be a little harder to replace in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

It says Linkin Park is with a new agent, that's pretty significant news.

What does this generally imply for the band beyond "They have a reason to need a new agent"?

Just now, leftshoe18 said:

I'm guessing Joe and Rob aren't interested in a reunion if this is true. Or at least not at this time. The band would almost certainly bring on a new drummer to fill Rob's spot (either a new official member or simply a touring drummer). Joe would be a little harder to replace in my opinion.

Warren Willis could easily fill in for Joe, it's just like a natural step, atleast for live shows.

I would love to see someone else drumming for the band, Dan Mayo sounds off when he plays LP stuff.

Zummo would be great, he will be available next year.

3 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Last I saw of Joe, he created a fire sword.....so, I think he's fine just doing his thing 

Tho seriously regarding both, I think the article could very well just worded it weird. 

If Rob doesn't wanna do shows, I vote Jess Bowen tbh

Posted (edited)

Another thing I thought of is that maybe Joe & the band came to a conclusion that in the year 2024 a rock band doesn't really need a DJ, so it would be natural to start this "new chapter" without one in the band.

They would work around Joe's parts during live shows, like use backing tracks and have someone else (Mike/Brad) operate the samplers.

Joe would still work with them, but more as an art director, designer.

Edited by millytripleseven

5 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

Another thing I thought of is that maybe Joe & the band came to a conclusion that in the year 2024 a rock band doesn't really need a DJ, so it would be natural to start this "new chapter" without one in the band.

They would work around Joe's parts during live shows, like use backing tracks and have someone else (Mike/Brad) operate the samplers.

Joe would still work with them, but more as an art director, designer.

Are you serious ? Lol

Just now, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Are you serious ? Lol

Yeah, the new songs they would write won't require a DJ. Mike or Brad can handle at least *some* of his functions live.

It's not like I'm all for this, that's just a hypothetical scenario. I would prefer Joe to be there

This feels like real smoke. Even if nothing comes of it, the fact that there's enough talk to make it to Billboard and for them to run with it seems pretty serious.

If Joe and Rob are out for whatever reason, my only hope is that it's with their agreement that Mike, Brad, and Phoenix are exploring this. I know that comes off like "I hope everyone gets along :(", but it just seems like common courtesy, you know? Rob has basically vanished since the hiatus started, it's easy to think that maybe he just doesn't have the desire to go out there and tour any more. Maybe Joe similarly wants to focus on other things. It does feel a little conspicuous that the driving forces behind this initiative are the two guys who "run the band" by public perception (plus Phoenix lol) rather than a fully united front, but there are literally no details about that, so it's premature to even assume they ARE out. Maybe they'll officially hop on if/when this gets off the ground, who knows.

I would need to hear the product before making any judgment on this, personally. Taking this out on the road as Linkin Park would be a big statement, and they'd need to back it up with a good, solid sound, not a cheap imitation or anything like that. I guess we'll see if anything comes of this.

So i just had my birthday last night and woke up to this news.

If this is true this will be one of the best presents ever.

I personally think the article is a little off with the part about Joe and Rob tho.

It could be that Mike, Brad and Dave are the main guys to explore with the management/agents about this and Joe and Rob just go along with whatever is going to happen.

I hope that Joe at least will be a part of this. We all know Rob is not available for past seven years so we might see a new drummer, might be Zummo tbh

34 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

I hope that Joe at least will be a part of this. We all know Rob is not available for past seven years so we might see a new drummer, might be Zummo tbh

Zummo is tight but Mayo has more coverage.

Hahn will be always be Chairman Hahn!

Alright,  looks like the rumors were at least partially true. 

About the female singer :  IMO, that is the best strategy the band could possibly go for. It should minimize comparisons with Chester and accentuate the feeling of a fresh start. I just hope the vocalist they hire will be versatile enough to handle both the smooth, vulnerable parts as well as the screamy, shouted parts. Chester could seamlessly switch between both, and I think it contributed a lot to the DNA of he band.  I'd try to be as open as can be to a new singer, but one who could only perform well on one side of the spectrum would right away loose points in my book (no pressure 😛 )

About Rob & Joe : the Rob thing is a bit the elephant in the room. Honestly: I think he is out for good. And if that's the case, that's a bummer, because he was probably the most skilled instrumentalist in the band. I am more surprised about Joe, but on the other end, I think his input on the band sound has been more "minimal" - no disrespect, of course I'd prefer him to be in.

Anyway, if true, pretty curious to see how this will all unfold!

I hope Rob is still part of the band, in some capacity.  If not, I am happy with Dan Mayo to fill that void. His work on PT Tour era was amazing. He's capable of complex chops and drum solos.