Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023) Manufacturing Errors

lpliveusername

42 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Just following all of this from afar since I don't care about this release. But I'm happy that it happened on this and not on M20. In a day and age where physical releases are declining it sure sucks to have something that messy.

Pretty thankful they did so well with Meteora 20. No problems at all besides not including One Step Closer (LPU Tour 2003) right? No songs on that Live disc are included twice on the disc though, so maybe that was a conscious decision. I'd have put it in there, though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we know it now, let's call this alternate version of WFTE the 2012 version.

On 4/15/2024 at 4:31 PM, LPLStaff said:

How in the world did your ear catch that the first time? Diving into it, there are definitely different effects on the vocals. The "got" at the end is the most evident of this.

I was comparing the Papercuts version with the album versions from the 2010 CD I bought because I wanted to check if there is no transition to Blackout at all or it can be still noticeable and then I have noticed that the "got" at the end sounds different so I decided to compare and check the whole track.

6 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

How many releases was this wrong WFTE included on since 2012? Was ATS repressed on vinyl (or anything else) since then? All of the vinyls/CDs made with the new Warner Records name instead of Warner Bros... is it on those? And what digital releases is it on?

So WFTE has been replaced just about everywhere with an incorrect version? This is a pretty significant discovery martinez, nice work. It's like the real WFTE is being erased...

All vinyls of ATS were released in 2010, there is no any single one released in the later years, based on the info from lpcatalog, so I'm assuming there's no vinyl edition containg 2012 version of WFTE.

If it's about the digital version, there is a standard version available on spotify here and bonus version here, containing the 2010 originals, both are also available on qobuz and some other digital stores. I think currently iTunes and Apple Music are the only two not having the 2010 versions anymore.

Also, I compared the WFTE music videos, the one that I bought from iTunes few years ago. The SD quality and full HD (that contains audio in Apple Digital Master quality) both has the original 2010 version of the song but the new 4K upgrade which is on YouTube and in some other digital platforms contains the 2012 version.

Imagine next year would be WB releasing another compilation called LINKIN PARK: THE BALLAD COLLECTION

1. My December (Piano Version)

2. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version)

3. Shadow of the Day

4. The Messenger

5. Robot Boy

6. TINFOIL+POWERLESS

7. In Between

8. Final Masquerade (Acoustic)

9. Valentine's Day

10. I'LL BE GONE (Primo rework) - this could be their lead single

11. Burning in the Skies

12. ROADS UNTRAVELED

13. The Little Things Give You Away

39 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Imagine next year would be WB releasing another compilation called LINKIN PARK: THE BALLAD COLLECTION

3. Shadow of the Day

4. The Messenger

5. Robot Boy

6. TINFOIL+POWERLESS

7. In Between

9. Valentine's Day

11. Burning in the Skies

12. ROADS UNTRAVELED

Pretty sure they would include the album version of Pushing Me Away 

3 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Pretty sure they would include the album version of Pushing Me Away 

It's like they're pushing more away their fanbase, literally.

Edited by RYG4R

18 hours ago, RYG4R said:

3. Shadow of the Day

4. The Messenger

5. Robot Boy

6. TINFOIL+POWERLESS

7. In Between

9. Valentine's Day

11. Burning in the Skies

12. ROADS UNTRAVELED

I don't see this coming out specifically but it would be a shame if they didn't take advantage of all the wonderful live editions in some way. Grab the best of PMA piano, BTH with it's extended intro/outro, the ballad medley, Rolling In The Deep and stuff like that and you have an awesome release

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

I don't see this coming out specifically but it would be a shame if they didn't take advantage of all the wonderful live editions in some way. Grab the best of PMA piano, BTH with it's extended intro/outro, the ballad medley, Rolling In The Deep and stuff like that and you have an awesome release

PMA Live from Soundcheck would be great 

2 hours ago, Stranger said:

karma for WB because ditching THP.. 🥹

Yeah like, even if THP is my least fav LP album and the least succesful by the band, leaving the album out of a GH compilation makes no sense, even more in the case of a band with relatively short discography, like LP is not Black Sabbath, make it 21 songs and put FM on it at least 

Edited by Somebodyangry

1 hour ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah like, even if THP is my least fav LP album and the least succesful by the band, leaving the album out of a GH compilation makes no sense, even more in the case of a band with relatively short discography, like LP is not Black Sabbath, make it 21 songs and put FM on it at least 

maybe one day, we will have the answer of why THP completely left out from this compilation. 😭 Final Masquerade deserve to be in PAPERCUTS. I'll swapped it with LOATR

59 minutes ago, Stranger said:

maybe one day, we will have the answer of why THP completely left out from this compilation. 😭 Final Masquerade deserve to be in PAPERCUTS. I'll swapped it with LOATR

Like, LOATR was massive back in the day, but yeah FM had to be there, since it was quite big at least in alternative radio. Totally omitting an entire album out of "only" 7 records is super weird. Plus, no SOTD is super weird too since it was everywhere on the radio and peaked high on Billboard, like, higher than anything post New Divide...

2 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

Like, LOATR was massive back in the day, but yeah FM had to be there, since it was quite big at least in alternative radio. Totally omitting an entire album out of "only" 7 records is super weird. Plus, no SOTD is super weird too since it was everywhere on the radio and peaked high on Billboard, like, higher than anything post New Divide...

"QWERTY" was totally unnecessary on this release. It wasn't some unreleased b-side and on no official album. They should have included GATS instead and waited with "QWERTY" for MTM20 where it belongs. I mean, will they exclude it from MTM20 now? It was such a major song during the pre-release phase when everyone thought it might be on the album.

23 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

"QWERTY" was totally unnecessary on this release. It wasn't some unreleased b-side and on no official album. They should have included GATS instead and waited with "QWERTY" for MTM20 where it belongs. I mean, will they exclude it from MTM20 now? It was such a major song during the pre-release phase when everyone thought it might be on the album.

Yeah, kinda weird move. Personally tho, I wouldn't have included GATS on a GH, like, it was nowhere near as succesful as any other song on Papercuts, FM has twice the streams of GATS on Spotify and crossed 150M on YT IIRC.

10 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah, kinda weird move. Personally tho, I wouldn't have included GATS on a GH, like, it was nowhere near as succesful as any other song on Papercuts, FM has twice the streams of GATS on Spotify and crossed 150M on YT IIRC.

True. GATS to me is like THE song from THP. it encapsulates everything this album set out to be and was an effective first single for us fans. Or to put it differently: It is more "visceral" than FM. But yeah, FM was more succesful. I guess we can agree that we are glad that UIG was notchosen over these two :D 

14 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

True. GATS to me is like THE song from THP. it encapsulates everything this album set out to be and was an effective first single for us fans. Or to put it differently: It is more "visceral" than FM. But yeah, FM was more succesful. I guess we can agree that we are glad that UIG was notchosen over these two :D 

I like UIG to be honest, I know I am the black sheep lol. But yeah, GATS is iconic among the fans but was not "GH level LP song". 

1 hour ago, Somebodyangry said:

I like UIG to be honest, I know I am the black sheep lol. But yeah, GATS is iconic among the fans but was not "GH level LP song". 

Doesnt surprise me that you love UIG, its almost like a prequel to OML.

You dont know what you got until its gone, what doesnt kills you makes you stronger 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Doesnt surprise me that you love UIG, its almost like a prequel to OML.

You dont know what you got until its gone, what doesnt kills you makes you stronger 😂😂😂

Talking about the lyrics ? At least it's not "GIMME BACK WHAT'S MIIIINE" or the generic anti-something lyrics like AFN and GATS. 

If you're talking about the sound, UIG sounds more like modernized Meteora/LT than OML dude ;)

Edited by Somebodyangry

3 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

If you're talking about the sound, UIG sounds more like modernized Meteora/LT than OML dude ;)

Totally agree. This song gave me modern Meteora vibes, too, when it came out. It's the lyrics and vocal delivery that doesn't do it for me.