New Fort Minor Merch / "The Rising Tied" Reissue

LPLStaff

Fort Minor has posted, "Announcing 3 new Deluxe Edition vinyl variants of The Rising Tied, available on December 15th, featuring 4 bonus tracks: "Be Somebody," "There They Go," "The Hard Way," and "Welcome" + Exclusive Fort Minor merch drop all available for pre-order now at https://store.mikeshinoda.com/"

FM has released three different vinyl sets of the album, a hoodie, a tshirt and a hat. Quantities are moving fast as vinyls are already selling out.

I'm glad that Welcome will get a little more love and Be Somebody/There They Go are super underrated. Hope this edition is also on streaming 

Is it an anniversary? Or is this just more of the Shinoda marketing machine pumping to support the new era? Seems like he's getting tons of resources from the label rn

47 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I'm glad that Welcome will get a little more love and Be Somebody/There They Go are super underrated. Hope this edition is also on streaming 

Is it an anniversary? Or is this just more of the Shinoda marketing machine pumping to support the new era? Seems like he's getting tons of resources from the label rn

Be Somebody has one of the worst lyrics and chorus in the LP universe

My English is awful and even to me it sounds cringe

This release is so random I mean what's the point? More vinyls more money?

I don't even know if this is for an anniversary or somethinh

I would love to hear some unreleased demos on a release like this, I guess that Shinoda has some in his vault.

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Be Somebody has one of the worst lyrics and chorus in the LP universe

My English is awful and even to me it sounds cringe

I don't even know if this is for an anniversary or somethinh

I would love to hear some unreleased demos on a release like this, I guess that Shinoda has some in his vault.

It's just an opportunity to re-issue. Artists do it all the time. Pretty cool that he's adding the deluxe edition tracks + welcome. I have no issues with this and I usually have pretty cynical takes.

I don't understand why the red vinyl is the only one of the two that gets the slipcase included with it, especially when the picture disc is more expensive. Like, is that supposed to be incentive to buy both? Dumb.

I also get the feeling that Welcome being included on this is Mike's way of saying "that's a wrap" on Fort Minor, since that's the only other fully commercially released bit of music besides the album itself (discounting We Major and the Militia tracks). I don't know, maybe that's reading too much into it, or conversely, it's kind of been obvious for a long time that Mike's Fort Minor era is over and his solo work is only going to be under his own name like it has been since 2018.

That zoetrope is gonna look real cool spinning on my turntable.

5 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Because the vinyl market is full of people who willingly pay 300+ for any random shit as long is pressed on splatter-glow- in-the-dark-picture-disc or whatever they come up to.

2 hours ago, E93 said:

I ordered all the vinyls and merch but I don’t understand why Mike is doing it right now in 2023. 2023 is supposed to be Meteora’s year. 2025 would have made more sense for...

im sure Mike planned something with these re-release stuff. with "Already Over" releases, people starts to digging Mike stuff and the "Evolution EP" features Mike stuff from LP & FM days. to catch new fans/mass audience, WB decided to reissues FM's TRT. this is the best time to do it so. for 20th anniversary, im sure Mike already planned something for it. we're getting proper releases like boxset maybe.

2 hours ago, E93 said:

As far as JZLP saying Be Somebody sucks, how? I love it. Love all the original Fort Minor shit so much. Definitely some of Mike’s best stuff of his entire career. Be Somebody is a song about being told you will never amount to anything and then proving them wrong. And it has a Lupe feature which is dope. I guess it’s fine you don’t like the song but yeah. I love that The Hard Way is on here too, always been a great track. 

dont bother JZLP, he's not really loves of Mike stuff, unlike GD. anyway, "Be Somebody" is a great track but wasnt good enough to be part of TRT main album/tracklist. being a B-Sides and featured on the mixtape, that's cool enough!

8 hours ago, gorast said:

I also get the feeling that Welcome being included on this is Mike's way of saying "that's a wrap" on Fort Minor, since that's the only other fully commercially released bit of music besides the album itself (discounting We Major and the Militia tracks). I don't know, maybe that's reading too much into it, or conversely, it's kind of been obvious for a long time that Mike's Fort Minor era is over and his solo work is only going to be under his own name like it has been since 2018

I don't know, a random vinyl release as a wrap would be like saying that the digital MTM 15th anniversary edition it's a proper celebration of the album. I rather wait until 2025 with a deluxe edition of TRT, you put all the songs of the record, the We Major and Militia tracks, Welcome, a DVD with some performances and call it a day. 2CDs, a DVD and everyone's happy.

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

Welcome being included on a Rising Tied reissue seems odd.

It's not like super weird for bands to add songs that were created on another period of time. LP added Blackbirds to ATS.

I think that it's fair because Welcome was the last song created as Fort Minor so it's a cool thing to close the circle.

2 hours ago, E93 said:

I agree. I don’t think this means that we won’t get a 20th Anniversary for The Rising Tied. At least it doesn’t rule it out, IMO, maybe Mike hasn’t thought about that yet. 

But as far as Fort Minor being done, didn’t Mike kind of say that in 2018? I thought the whole point he brought back Fort Minor in 2015 was because he wanted to do some solo stuff again but Linkin Park was still a thing at that time. That’s why in 2017 he was going to release I.O.U. and Lift Off as Fort Minor tracks and he was wearing those new Fort Minor shirts on tour that remain unreleased. But when Chester passed and Mike did Post Traumatic under Mike Shinoda, he basically said that Fort Minor was essentially what ‘’Mike Shinoda’’ now was. If I’m wrong on this that would be cool because I’d like to see Fort Minor again, I am a huge fan of the original Fort Minor music and era. And the 2015 comeback wasn’t bad either, just wish he brought back some of the original guys like Ryu. 

Also great point here about Minutes To Midnight’s anniversary thing. Brad said this year on the Zane Lowe interview or maybe somewhere else, I can’t remember for sure without searching, but he said that he didn’t consider it a proper re-issue for Minutes To Midnight at all when he was asked about the recent MTM that went up on streaming with the re-issued bonus tracks. So I feel like the band will definitely do MTM20. Mike even said as well a few months ago that he would like to continue celebrating LP anniversaries. MTM was still a massive album for the band, not as big as HT and Meteora but still quite massive. And the band loves a lot of the MTM music. Phoenix said in 2017 that it was one of the most special times to him and he praised TLTGYA. Brad also loves MTM a lot, he always has praised that album if you look at interviews even as recent as this year. Mike also said once in 2014 that A Thousand Suns would have never been possible without doing Minutes To Midnight first. 

I see a lot of similarities with Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns, they’re almost like brother albums, kind of like how HT and Meteora were. Yes they were different but the ethos and attitude was the same to make both. And they share the whole apocalyptic theme as well. Even the artwork of both is the same color scheme. And when Mike said that about ATS not being possible without doing MTM first, that’s what made me realize it. Both albums were the band at their full creativity.  Remember that during MTM they wrote over 150 songs. Joe said they had songs in every style, even ‘’heavy metal’’ songs and ‘’dance songs’’ and other stuff. Just because the 12-13 songs that made the final cut sounded kind of similar-ish doesn’t mean there wasn’t crazy expermentation going on in the MTM era. I bet they have some epic stuff in the vaults of just totally weird and cool stuff. Same as for ATS obviously but we know that about ATS. I just read an interview from 2007 where Phoenix said the band worked on a demo during MTM that he thought sounded like ‘’the Mulan soundtrack’’. LOL. So there definitely was tons of creativity. The band loved making those two albums for sure, very important for them. 

And so I think we will definitely see 20th anniversary sets for both MTM and ATS for sure. And they will probably be amazing. I think Mike and Brad and the rest of the guys will have tons of fun going through the vaults for those albums as well compiling video footage from the making of’s and touring cycles. Don’t forget Mike also loved PR07. He said just last year it was one of his favorite memories of Linkin Park’s entire career. So I think we will get some cool footage from it. The ATS tour was also epic too. I mean think about it now looking back, they played some huge places like the Griffith Observatory, Abu Dhabi and Tel Aviv, Red Square in Moscow, etc. I think the band will love celebrating those album cycles for sure.

Sorry for this long post. Just love talking about LP. And this is good that they will be excited to do those anniversaries because it keeps LP alive even if they aren’t fully ready to come back yet. Keeps the guys talking and celebrating the band. 

And plus we need Grecian. Hahaha. 😝 

If MTM20 will be a thing, I hope they put the original Shadow of the Day (from 2007). not the 2013 new string version or 2022 clean guitar version. I want the original version like the original 2007 first pressing MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT.

I hated my MTM vinyl from 2018 pressing. Terrible, horrible pressing. As soon as you start with 'Wake', it is so loud and very painful to your ears. No dynamics at all, it's like a compressed mp3. I want to throw away my vinyl copy and just stick to the 2007 CD.

3 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Latest "mood" post on Shinoda's instagram has a new FM logo at the end

Yeah I thought that was interesting. It would be cool to get some "new" FM music in the form of demos or maybe if it's a Mike song but with a previous FM collaborator that makes him wanna brand it with FM as an artist 

OR maybe it's hinting that the next piece of music has a FM feel

• 4 weeks later...

Cool to see this, considering that this record has only got one limited pressing before as far as I'm aware. At least it's never really been widely available.

A shame it's so expensive for shipping though. I would like to get it but might have to wait and see if copies become available more locally.

Really should release We Major on vinyl tbh, but I guess there's rights issues there due to samples.

Edited by djzap

27 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Great to see you Zap! Hope all is well - long time no see. :)

We Major would be great. Guess they sold/distributed it in such a street way in 2005 that it's unlikely they ever release it officially again, right? Not even streaming.

we major served its purpose back in the day, perfect way to introduce FM i dnt think that going through obtaining all the clearance neccesary for every sample must be a nightamre and unnecesary.

Yeah, I don't see any way We Major can see release through official channels without an ungodly amount of legal work. The Jimi sample, the GnR sample, wrangling all the features and making sure everyone gets an appropriate cut...whoever would catch that assignment would probably quit.

Interesting thing about that, though - Celph Titled has had it on his Bandcamp for years. I bought it from him in 2020, and it's almost certainly the highest-quality version of it you'll find because it seems to be a direct source. I'm kind of surprised he's been able to just keep it up there this long (maybe linking to it here is unwise, lol), and I can't help but wonder if Mike knows it's there and if he or anyone else is getting any of that $5 per sale...

8 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Great to see you Zap! Hope all is well - long time no see. :)

We Major would be great. Guess they sold/distributed it in such a street way in 2005 that it's unlikely they ever release it officially again, right? Not even streaming.

i like to pop in here and there when something catches my eye haha good to see ya too! yeah i can see there was a bootleg pressing of the whole mixtape a few years back and i might need to try to grab one of those for my we major fix. would love an officially un-greenlantern'd version like SOB did with Razor Tag on the bonus disc for Reseda Beach.