Exclusive Media from Marbles App: "Healing Foot" (Unreleased Meteora Song)

LPLStaff

Linkin Park has released "Healing Foot", a track on Meteora|20, to fans participating in the Germany-exclusive game to collect all of the Linkin Park marbles across multiple locations. The song, which has no actual musical relation to "Broken Foot" besides the name, likely refers to the time period in which Brad Delson had a broken foot in late 2001 and early 2002. This was well into the writing sessions for the Meteora material.

Right now, the song is streaming in the Marbles app for German fans.

Fans were surprised, and excited, to hear that "Healing Foot" is the fan-titled "Rob Drum Song" from the Making of Meteora DVD. From just the first piano notes in the song, it is a recognizable as the track and follows Mike Shinoda's commentary on TikTok Live recently that the song would be included on Meteora|20 when he answered a question from Derek of LP Association with a link to Rob playing the track at NRG Studios. Perhaps the biggest surprise with the song is that it has full vocals by both Mike and Chester. The song features strings (likely sampled), the looping piano part, and more throughout its 3 and a half minutes.

It is likely many of us thought the track would be an instrumental, especially judging by how many LPU CDs have instrumentals, so the vocals were a complete shock. What a cool track!

In the "thank you" message to fans with "Healing Foot", Mike Shinoda said: "Hey, it's Mike You've done it! You've found all of the marbles. As a thank you, we wanted to give you the chance to listent to one of the "Lost Demos" from the Meteora 20th anniversary release before it comes out on April 7th, so here we go. This one is a highly anticipated track that was identified as the fan community years ago because it was in the Making Of content for Meteora and all the fans said, "Wait a minute, that's a track that is not on the album, what is that? Rob's playing drums on this thing we haven't heard." The demo never got an official name, it just had a demo name which was "Healing Foot" so you are in the rare and exclusive group that get to hear it - so here you go, "Healing Foot"!"

What do you think about "Healing Foot"?

EDIT: Here is the rest of the exclusive content on the app for Linkin Park fans:

LIVE IN SEOUL 2003 CLIP: LYING FROM YOU

LIVE IN SEOUL 2003 CLIP: FROM THE INSIDE

LIVE IN MANILA 2004 CLIP: BREAKING THE HABIT

LIVE IN SEOUL 2003 CLIP: NUMB

LIVE IN SEOUL 2003 CLIP: FAINT

LIVE IN SEOUL 2003 CLIP: SOMEWHERE I BELONG

----------------------------------------

MAKING OF CLIP: HEALING FOOT

MAKING OF CLIP: LYING FROM YOU MARBLE

MAKING OF CLIP: FROM THE INSIDE MARBLE

MAKING OF CLIP: NUMB MARBLE [No footage of 'Numb' being created]

MAKING OF CLIP: BREAKING THE HABIT MARBLE

---------------------------------------

Marbles promo video

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Linkin Park has released "Healing Foot", a track on Meteora|20, to fans participating in the Germany-exclusive game to collect all of the Linkin Park marbles across multiple locations. The song, which has no actual musical relation to "Broken Foot" besides the name, likely refers to the time period in which Brad Delson had a broken foot in late 2001 and early 2002. This was well into the writing sessions for the Meteora material.

Fans were surprised, and excited, to hear that "Healing Foot" is the fan-titled "Rob Drum Song" from the Making of Meteora DVD. From just the first piano notes in the song, it is a recognizable as the track and follows Mike Shinoda's commentary on Twitch recently that the song would be included on Meteora|20. Perhaps the biggest surprise with the song is that it has full vocals by both Mike and Chester. The song features strings (likely sampled), the looping piano part, and more throughout its 3 and a half minutes.

It is likely many of us thought the track would be an instrumental, especially judging by how many LPU CDs have instrumentals, so the vocals were a complete shock. What a cool track!

In the "thank you" message to fans with "Healing Foot", Mike Shinoda said: "You've done it! You've found all of the marbles. As a thank you, we wanted to give you one of the "Lost Demos" from the Meteora 20th anniversary release before it comes out on April 7th, so here we go. This one is a highly anticipated track that was identified as the fan community years ago because it was in the Making Of content for Meteora and all the fans said, "Wait a minute, that's a track that is not on the album, what is that? Rob's playing drums on this thing we haven't heard." The demo never got an official name, it just had a demo name which was "Healing Foot" so you are in the rare and exclusive group that get to hear it - so here you go, "Healing Foot"!"

What do you think about "Healing Foot"?

actually it has, it shares the same drums from Broken Foot

1 hour ago, unksoldier2000 said:

actually it has, it shares the same drums from Broken Foot

It's Mike's drum machine, doesn't sound like Rob's live drums, maybe a mix of both? Regardless, sounds very, very good, I'm just glad to finally have so many more Meteora demos with vocals on them.

3 minutes ago, RentEznor said:

It's Mike's drum machine, doesn't sound like Rob's live drums, maybe a mix of both? Regardless, sounds very, very good, I'm just glad to finally have so many more Meteora demos with vocals on them.

That's what i'm thinking since yesterday, the drums sounds very good, but very static/programmed... is not something that you hear from live drums from Rob.
ALSO, this drum fill from the Making Of is missing.. 
Imagine if what they released on the App was a early demo and the real one from MT20 will be a different one? that would blow my mind haha

17 minutes ago, unksoldier2000 said:

That's what i'm thinking since yesterday, the drums sounds very good, but very static/programmed... is not something that you hear from live drums from Rob.
ALSO, this drum fill from the Making Of is missing.. 
Imagine if what they released on the App was a early demo and the real one from MT20 will be a different one? that would blow my mind haha

Lost/Fighting Myself did likely include Rob's studio drums because they sounded way more organic.

Out of topic (kinda) but I also realized that for whatever reason whoever was in charge of it, they edited some fake awful sounding drums (at least if it's a demo it's totally understandable, this is just ridiculous) over the real ones for the Projekt Revolution 2002 DVD show, it's so noticeable to the point that when it came out and I watched the DVD I immeditaly noticed how bad it sounded, it gets even worse when there's already some previously released footage of those same shows, even if it was one song, the drums clearly sound completely different and way better, what the heck happened there? Anyway, got sidelined, just wanted to explain it again, because when I said this at the time some people told me I was wrong lol

We are getting holy grail after holy grail. Next one is A6 with vocals and my holy grail is also "The Wizard Song" instrumental. But I believe that all "Lost Demos" have vocals so I doubt that they'll put "The Wizard Song" there.

2 hours ago, Hybrider said:

We are getting holy grail after holy grail. Next one is A6 with vocals and my holy grail is also "The Wizard Song" instrumental. But I believe that all "Lost Demos" have vocals so I doubt that they'll put "The Wizard Song" there.

Just imagine, if it’s The Wizard Song WITH vocals 🤯

1 hour ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

Lmao, happy birthda- "piano sounds" 

Thank y- “2002 guitar distortion”

I love this demo so much. I don't know why they didn't like it and they decided to stop finishing it. They should definitely finish it. I love Mike's aggressive rapping. It reminds me Xero and HT era. I love Chester's singing. It has no mistakes. It's perfect! I love that heavy raw guitar riffs, melody, all effects and samples. Imagine if this demo was finished. How cool and amazing that would be. 🙈 When I compare it to the fan-made versions it definitely beats them in all aspects. No fan-made version used so much creativity like this original LP demo. This demo would be the big hit if they finish it. They just decided to crumple this hit and throw it into trash bin. And I am even not talking about more unheard stuff that could be hits.

Meteora era was the most fertile era!

18 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Just imagine, if it’s The Wizard Song WITH vocals 🤯

That would be cool but unfortunately Chester said it does not exist. 

Edited by Hybrider

19 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

I love this demo so much. I don't know why they didn't like it and they decided to stop finishing it. They should definitely finish it. I love Mike's aggressive rapping. It reminds me Xero and HT era. I love Chester's singing. It has no mistakes. It's perfect! I love that heavy raw guitar riffs, melody, all effects and samples. Imagine if this demo was finished. How cool and amazing that would be. 🙈 When I compare it to the fan-made versions it definitely beats them in all aspects. No fan-made version used so much creativity like this original LP demo. This demo would be the big hit if they finish it. They just decided to crumple this hit and throw it into trash bin. And I am even not talking about more unheard stuff that could be hits.

Meteora era was the most fertile era!

That would be cool but unfortunately Chester said it does not exist. 

For every reason you said it’s amazing (which you’re 100% correct), is why it wasn’t finished.

If this was made in the MTM, ATS, even THP era, it would absolutely have made it. But it’s too different to even the different tracks on Meteora.

I’m holding out hope that, like Fighting Myself, there’s a version on a lost (now found) hard drive or Pro Tools session

I really didn't expect this one to have vocals. Great surprise.

Tune has a real nice atmosphere. I think I dig the verses the most, as they're unexpectedly hard-hitting given the more laid-back, power-ballad style chorus. 

Other songs in that vein (Easier To Run, Crawling) had melodic verses as well, so it's cool they tried something else here.

With the way the band has been knocking things out of the park (no pun intended) lately, I wouldn’t be surprised if the new DVD does that classic LPTV fade to black, fades in to Chester and a full “Wizard Song” performance. Wishful thinking? 110%. But if it’s ever gonna happen, it’s now.

Anyway, back on topic, but I didn’t expect me to hit so hard putting my headphones on, listening to Mike’s little bit before the song, and then having it immediately go into *that* piano bit. 20 years of wanting and waiting and finally. Even with the lower quality mp3 you can tell it’s a standout from the box. I can’t wait for the hi-res.

”Lost” is obvious absolutely massive in being a finished song from the era and how good it is. “Fighting Myself” is cool and does a great job of demonstrating some of the elements that went on to make up the album; I can hear bits and pieces of “Hit the Floor” and “Faint” in there. But “Healing Foot”? Maybe it’s my “Pictureboard.” I was always far more intrigued by the parts that went unused on the Meteora DVD than the “Mellow Interlude” or the murmurings of unheard songs. (I’m personally holding off on “More the Victim” for now). Though I’m forgetting that it seems like “A.06” will have vocals…

And that’s what I mean. In general, Meteora 20 just hits different. Not to complain, by any means, about HT 20, but a lot of material was well known to anyone who lurks here (save for some very obvious exceptions). A truly wonderful box and the definitive HT experience, but not what this new box has become. I became a fan post Hybrid Theory while it was a thing that was being actively promoted and lived in the lead up to Meteora. I remember how much was said about there not being much else to offer, or the other songs being garbage, or whatever that basically discounted anything that wasn’t on the album. To see this celebration of it and embracing every aspect of this album and giving us songs we could only ever dream of? It’s honestly overwhelming. And on just the physical end, the final collection looked stunning in Mike’s unboxing and I love the choice of the new cover. I was a deluxe edition kid and look at the stage for those tours and the art wall; Meteora’s cover was always supposed to be blue.

I cannot wait for next week.

Edited by letdownagain

I am blown away by the level of completion of these “demos”. Like, we are not talking about asbestos or Too Legit or Pictureboard, these are almost done songs, Lost is a song that almost made the cut, FM is 90% done (Mike’s words), MTV the same, and Healing Foot is very raw and quite formulaic but not that far from being a song that could have been on the record… wow 

11 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

I am blown away by the level of completion of these “demos”. Like, we are not talking about asbestos or Too Legit or Pictureboard, these are almost done songs, Lost is a song that almost made the cut, FM is 90% done (Mike’s words), MTV the same, and Healing Foot is very raw and quite formulaic but not that far from being a song that could have been on the record… wow 

Pictureboard was probably completed but we didn't get the 2000 version