Linkin Park LPTV Release

LPLStaff

For the Meteora|20 promotion, Linkin Park has uploaded both series of LPTVs dealing with Meteora to their YouTube.

Season 1 of recording Meteora is available in an upgraded quality for the first time ever, and Season 2, which was originally released digitally in 2007, is now available officially from the band for the first time on YouTube.

10 hours ago, Ex97 said:

This is amazing! Are these 2007 the Uncut versions shared on LPCatalog back in ‘15?

7 hours ago, yagamilight207 said:

Just noticed that there's another upload of the same lptv. Is it the final version?

LPCatalog shared the Rough Cut DVD which had unfinished versions of those episodes. Scenes ordered differently, different editing, scenes not present in the final versions, etc.

Linkin Park uploaded 2 different versions to their YouTube channel:

The videos with 480p resolution are still unfinished versions, but different from the Rough Cut DVD. You'll noticed a lot of them have Figure.09 as the opening song, while the final versions used Qwerty. They all have title screens, which is something used for internal control, not for publicly release. They left Chester's butt uncensored (it's censored in the final version), there's the scene of them singing Baby Got Back (also present in the Rough Cut DVD) which was removed from the final version, you'll also notice there's a black screen in one episode with "Insert From The Inside Sequence" written on it that lasts a few seconds (obviously the scene hadn't been added yet at that point in the edition process).

The latest uploads, the ones in 360p resolution and pretty compressed / pixelated, are the original extended versions that were sold on iTunes in 2007. They are the final versions of the episodes.

Se we now have 3 different versions of those LPTV episodes. The unfinished version still being in their channel is most likely a mistake because YouTube allows Linkin Park to replace videos and keep the same links and view count. They didn't have to upload the finished versions under new links.

1 minute ago, lpliveusername said:

LPCatalog shared the Rough Cut DVD which had unfinished versions of those episodes. Scenes ordered differently, different editing, scenes not present in the final versions, etc.

Linkin Park uploaded 2 different versions to their YouTube channel:

The videos with 480p resolution are still unfinished versions, but different from the Rough Cut DVD. You'll noticed a lot of them have Figure.09 as the opening song, while the final versions used Qwerty. They all have title screens, which is something used for internal control, not for publicly release. They left Chester's butt uncensored (it's censored in the final version), there's the scene of them singing Baby Got Back (also present in the Rough Cut DVD) which was removed from the final version, you'll also notice there's a black screen in one episode with "Insert From The Inside Sequence" written on it that lasts a few seconds (obviously the scene hadn't been added yet at that point in the edition process).

The latest uploads, the ones in 360p resolution and pretty compressed / pixelated, are the original extended versions that were sold on iTunes in 2007. They are the final versions of the episodes.

Se we now have 3 different versions of those LPTV episodes. The unfinished version still being in their channel is most likely a mistake because YouTube allows Linkin Park to replace videos and keep the same links and view count. They didn't have to upload the finished versions under new links.

Seems like the band, despite its good intentions, has a lot of quality control issues. Hope that doesn't affect to the boxset

11 hours ago, Ex97 said:

This is amazing! Are these 2007 the Uncut versions shared on LPCatalog back in ‘15?

Btw, I like how the band kept everything in this Meteora release up until the end of 2004. 2005-2008 is Minutes to Midnight era to me. According to an interview with Brad on ultimateguitar, he said the band started working on Minutes in November of 2005 at the Korn studio. Mike probably even made some demos before that. And remember Chester’s LPU chat in December of 2005 saying he was recording tons of screaming for the new album with Mike and that he couldn’t even talk the next day because of all the screaming he did? This is also when he said the album will be heavy and that’s partially why fans expected it to be heavy back then, they then debuted QWERTY and furthered the idea. Lol. But anyways yeah 2005 to me is definitely early Minutes era even though they didn’t release the album until 2007. If you want to be technical it was more Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise era but it falls into Minutes To Midnight for me, 2006 even more so, and I’m glad Summer Sonic wasn’t released on this Meteora release because I bet the band will give us that show on Minutes 20, Mike knows how much the fans love the show and QWERTY, he even recently said QWERTY was Minutes era when a fan asked about it. Just like with Brazil 2004, Mike said at the Woodlands 2008 show that it was the end of the Minutes cycle with that show and I just read an interview with Phoenix from November of 2008 saying the Minutes cycle ended in September of 2008 (he probably thinks this is when Woodlands 2008 was since it was like a week before September) and that they have no shows booked on the horizon. Wasn’t until 2009 that they booked some shows and then did New Divide, while working on ATS. The 2008 ATS demos weren’t even really ATS demos because the band said all the music during that time was for a video game idea in which a person tries to escape a mental hospital and the idea fizzled out. Not to mention Blanka and Malathion were done even prior to PR08, I feel like those were just demos Mike was messing around on gear with and special studios if you read the interview from when he made those. Just my two cents. 

ok, I think MTM has more demos than we think 

I was watching the 1st Episode of LPTV that the band put out on YT and the "Meteora' Release show" in Los Angeles, CA March 24/25 It would be interesting if the band streamed this show with a reaction on March 24th (Friday), It would be amazing because exactly celebrating the 20th of meterora.

probably the footage would be like the show in san diego 2001 (as the band reacted at the time of HT20) anyway it would be amazing to have a full show on video from that LPU Tour.

45 minutes ago, Thousandsuns said:

noticed on this extended lptv from summer sanitarium (checked the old upload as well from 15 or so years ago) you can actually hear lost playing in background from 2:18 so we have had clip of it for years lol

Note that the guitar is much more present in the 2002 version.

1 hour ago, Thousandsuns said:

noticed on this extended lptv from summer sanitarium (checked the old upload as well from 15 or so years ago) you can actually hear lost playing in background from 2:18 so we have had clip of it for years lol

Have you not seen this topic, lol?

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Have you not seen this topic, lol?

That one was when I came across the instrumental also playing in the “Mike’s Shirt” Minutes to Midnight era LPTV. And I turned out to be correct, it was also in that video. It’s the same “Lost” 2002 Mix instrumental in the extended Summer Sanitarium LPTV (can tell it’s the original 2002 mix because it was obviously made in 2007 but also you can hear the more live sounding drums in both videos and heavier guitar in the summer sanitarium video).

A lot of fans heard the Making of Meteora clip but never knew or thought to look for the instrumental casually appearing behind LPTV videos.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

based on these clips, where Chester is sat, clothes he is wearing. When Chester says "we rewrote a song for over the 97th time" i assume they are actually referring to Lost. So Thoughts That Take Away My Pride might have been one of the rewrites for that day and then scrapped tried again.