Dropped Frames, Volume 3

LPLStaff

Mike Shinoda will be dropping volume 3 of Dropped Frames on Friday, September 18, 2020. He has released 'License to Waltz' to streaming services already for fans to check out.

Volume 3 tracklisting & jam ideas:

01. Dream Fragment // Freestyle Track

02. Sound Collector // Linkin Park/Fort Minor Sounds + Nobody Can Save Me/Battle Symphony

03. Dust Code // Freestyle Track

04. No Delete // Freestyle Track

05. Robot Yodel //  Country + Folk Alternative Rock + Bavarian Yodeling
06. Vibe Train // Freestyle Track
07. Mike's Gonna Mike // Nirvana + Tools Of The Trade + Giorgio Moroder + Italian Neomelodic
08. Shoreline // Freestyle Track w/ samples requested by fans
09. Goodbye Cow // Freestyle Track
10. Genesis Supernova // Dead Or Alive + Tron Legacy/Daft Punk/M83 + Pokémon Mew
11. Sidechain Gang // Freestyle Track w/ samples requested by fans
12. Overcast // Freestyle Track
13. A Thousand Jams // A Thousand Suns-style Track
14. License To Waltz // Tchaikovsky's Flower Waltz + Beastie Boys + Reggaeton + ASMR

1. Dream Fragment (02:47) - 9/10
  2. Sound Collector (02:58) - 1/10
  3. Dust Code (03:53) - 9/10
  4. No Delete (02:39) - 6/10
  5. Robet Yodel (02:24) - 7/10
  6. Vibe Train (02:19) - 10/10
  7. Mike's Gonna Mike (02:01) - 4/10
  8. Shoreline (03:04) - 8/10
  9. Goodbye Cow (03:20) - 7/10
  10. Genesis Supernova (01:09) - 5/10
  11. Sidechain Gang (02:35) - 5/10
  12. Overcast (02:16) - 10/10
  13. A Thousand Jams (02:53) - 10/10
  14. License To Waltz (02:27) - 1/10

This volume is the best from all 3. Even the cover is the best. The album could easily be titled "Goodbye Cow".

1 hour ago, martinez said:

This volume is the best from all 3. Even the cover is the best. The album could easily be titled "Goodbye Cow".

Whoa! Surprisingly "Sound Collector" got 1/10. based on the theme, i thought it's gonna be great. haha. cant wait for the album release tonight. thanks for the scoring!

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Whoa! Surprisingly "Sound Collector" got 1/10. based on the theme, i thought it's gonna be great. haha. cant wait for the album release tonight. thanks for the scoring!

Glad to see that license to Waltz is the worst song because I really don’t like it, can’t wait for ATJ (lol) 

7 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Wonder why not "Cattle Symphony" instead of "Goodbye Cow"? Haha

"I can sing "Nobody Can Save Me" and "Battle Symphony" from the new Linkin Park record, and I can sing them because I wrote them, it was me and my friend Jon Green. And I sang the demos and they're written in a way that I can sing those pretty well. But lyrically, a little too hard. I just feel like I know that in the long run, if I put that in the set, it's only going to be a show or two before I go, "I don't want to sing that. I don't want to sing those words."

Of course nobody knows for sure, but it's possible that Mike just didn't want to make a pun based off of Battle Symphony's title because of how much that song means to him personally.

Then again I could be reaching and the answer could be that he literally just forgot about that suggestion altogether lol

19 hours ago, martinez said:

You gave the best one 1/10 wow

By far my favorite Volume, even if there's a lot of tracks I like in the previous ones.

I suggested the Italian Neomelodic and One More Light styles that ended up being Mike's Gonna Mike and Sound Collector, so I'm pretty attached to those two and it's great to have both of them in the same Volume!

It feels like the more "serious" Volume, the only joke/weird song is License To Waltz, but it's still a genious track.

This project isn't just about the music but also the experience of it.

Watching the streams since March with these songs started literally from scratch and done in a few hours, knowing all the process behind them, the funny jokes, the chance to suggests things and styles and actually influence the songs, all of this is something completely different and new, perfect for the time we're living, where a full album with vocals would be wasted without the chance to perform it live.

Not that I disliked volume 1 and 2 but this one is my go to of all 3 so far. I'm hoping Mike continues to release more volumes and I'm sure I'm not the only one but when he's completely done with the Corona Jams I'd love him to put out a physical boxset of all the volumes along with a disc(s) of the unreleased tracks (so far) and the original versions that he went back and tweeked for the released volumes along with some nice artwork 

Edited by danacky

2 hours ago, danacky said:

Not that I disliked volume 1 and 2 but this one is my go to of all 3 so far. I'm hoping Mike continues to release more volumes and I'm sure I'm not the only one but when he's completely done with the Corona Jams I'd love him to put out a physical boxset of all the volumes along with a disc(s) of the unreleased tracks (so far) and the original versions that he went back and tweeked for the released volumes along with some nice artwork 

I’d be so stoked if a physical release came out. The one thing that has always kind of disappointed me about these great instruments albums is that they’re digital only. And I can kind of understand why, but at the same time, I can’t help but love collecting LP stuff. A box set would be glorious.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:43 PM, ARS said:

I’d be so stoked if a physical release came out. The one thing that has always kind of disappointed me about these great instruments albums is that they’re digital only. And I can kind of understand why, but at the same time, I can’t help but love collecting LP stuff. A box set would be glorious.

TBH I really don't see why he should release physical copies of this. Releasing them independently would be a shot in the foot, and Warner would probably refuse to put out a project that would sell a few hundreds of copies... I mean, not to be disrespectful at all but I consider myself a hardcore fan (meaning that I don't only own the 7 studio albums but also some LPU CDs, all the live albums and remixes, OOA....) and despite not hating at all DF project, I wouldn't buy physical copies