Twitch spoilers (and more)

PeppePark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, martinez said:

I don't watch every single live stream Mike does, so thanks a lot for the info. Thank you for your work!

Thanks to you, I'm glad someone finds these things interesting!

Edited by PeppePark

On 5/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, RickLPL said:

You are the ultimate detective, epic work man :D

Thank you man 👀

Added the title for the Zelda jam too.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, PeppePark said:

Bear vla Aaron

Not sure about this because I can't read it properly but that's what it seems to me. 
Maybe it's "Beat via Aaron"?
There's a songwriter called Aaron Bear but who knows?
Maybe something with blackbear?

blackbear did a few tracks with Lil Aaron, but I guess that's a long shot.
Also in his Instagram Stories he tagged Mike about a track he was working on, so there still could be some new collaboration!

15 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I would guess that of every 5-10 collaborations Mike does, maybe 1 is released lol

That's true 😂
Let's hope he starts releasing some stuff, I thought Open Door would have been released sooner!

About that Bear vla Aaron, again.
Mike is doing an Instagram live with Awolnation on Wednesday.

I don't know if that's random or what, because they're doing it with other artists too, but Awolnation's singer is Aaron Bruno 🤔

I'll keep digging.

Edited by PeppePark

This is TOTAL speculation, but this feels like the right spot for it. I’ve recently noticed beyond the digital stuff that Mike seems to have a Tascam 4 Track deck on his desk near the patch bay. I’ve never heard of him utilizing it for anything new before, so if I had to guess, it’s hooked up to transfer old material from cassette - maybe stuff that never had a digital master? Could be nothing, but also could be something.

1 hour ago, letdownagain said:

This is TOTAL speculation, but this feels like the right spot for it. I’ve recently noticed beyond the digital stuff that Mike seems to have a Tascam 4 Track deck on his desk near the patch bay. I’ve never heard of him utilizing it for anything new before, so if I had to guess, it’s hooked up to transfer old material from cassette - maybe stuff that never had a digital master? Could be nothing, but also could be something.

He used it multiple times on stream. In one of the Instagram sessions he speaks about it in more detail.

18 minutes ago, graveguard said:

He used it multiple times on stream. In one of the Instagram sessions he speaks about it in more detail.

Thanks for the heads up; scratch my theory then. I've watched several of streams, but not all of them. I must have missed him talking about it. I've gotta go back and find that.

Yeah, he uses that to record a loop to build the beat over it!

But yeah, this is a good thread for speculations 🤣

Didn't notice anything new in the last streams.

In the first Animal Crossing live there was a new file in the desktop, I could read only the final part, "O.zip", so it could be anything and I didn't post it here.
In the next streams it was gone, so, unless he'll release a track with a title ending with "o", we'll never know what that was!

Edited by PeppePark

9 minutes ago, PeppePark said:

Yeah, he uses that to record a loop to build the beat over it!

I’m glad I mentioned something just to find out about that because that’s sick and I want to go back and watch it. Not to take it too far off topic, but there’s big community of cassette artists on IG and even Alessandro from NIN has been utilizing a four track. It’s exciting to know Mike has done similar stuff.

2 hours ago, letdownagain said:

I’m glad I mentioned something just to find out about that because that’s sick and I want to go back and watch it.

He did the cassette loop during these two streams:

On 5/8/2020 at 7:58 PM, PeppePark said:

He did the cassette loop during these two streams:

Thank you so much for linking to these. I love this. The first one especially is so sick; it kind of feels like a modern approach to a Meteora track to me. I messed with this approach in some of my own stuff, it’s awesome to see how Mike comes at it. 

Bear vla Aaron

Not sure about this because I can't read it properly but that's what it seems to me. 
Maybe it's "Beat via Aaron"?
There's a songwriter called Aaron Bear but who knows?
Maybe something with blackbear?

EDIT: This is totally something with blackbear.
On today's stream (May 11) Mike is working to a blackbear song called I'm Still Fucking Here.
He mentioned "My guys Aaron and Matt" and then I realized.

Aaron is Aaron Harmon, the producer who also worked on About You and What The Words Meant.

This folder was on Mike desktop's days before blackbear tagged Mike on his Instagram Stories saying that he wanted to send him a track, so Mike is producing at least two blackbear songs!

Update: Mike is producing at least two blackbear songs, one called I'm Still Fucking Here!

Edited by PeppePark

Don't know if anyone noticed but check out these screens from todays Mike stream, they look interesting 🧐

Long story short, GO demo seekers. These might shine a new light to some of the songs, right?

edit: meh, nothing new as Astat said, just some live stuff.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Edited by michalangelo

8 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

Don't know if anyone noticed but check out these screens from todays Mike stream, they look interesting 🧐

Long story short, GO demo seekers. These might shine a new light to some of the songs, right?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

That's Mike's folder of guitar sound presets in the Axe FX. First are the LP live show sounds, then what looks like album sounds from The Hunting Party. The rest are general preset tones.

Edited by Astat

5 minutes ago, Astat said:

That's Mike's folder of guitar sound presets in the Axe FX. First couple pages are the LP live show sounds.

Oh really? Didn't catch that in the first place. Now listened again and indeed Mike said it that he made them for for example guitar tech's. Meh. Still interesting for a guitar noob like myself though 😄

Edited by michalangelo

Grimy Sloppy about 90bpm-tape.wav

Dan Mayo free speech #1 multitrack

Mayo Free Speech MS 1.wav

Mayo Free Speech MS 1.wav.asd

Mayo Channeling D BigKit 122bpm.wav

Mayo Channeling A vinyl crackles 122bpm.wav

The "Grimy Sloppy" I guess it's a tape loop he recorded.

For May 18 and May 21 livestreams Mike used some drum recordings by Dan Mayo, done when he was in Los Angeles last year.

In the May 20 screenshot you can also see a WeTransfer .zip file but I can't read the name because it's covered by Dan's folder.
On May 21 two more recordings with Dan appeared, with Mike actually using "Mayo Channeling A vinyl crackles 122bpm.wav" for the jam of that day.

But here comes the best thing.
In the May 22 screenshot you can clearly see the folders at the bottom.
Yeah, Mike REALLY created two folders named "YES I KNOW" and "YOU CAN SEE MY FOLDERS" LMAO 🤣
There's a third one under those, I guess it's the "continuation", but sadly it's covered by the donations banner.

Update!

Dan Mayo's files, a new tape loop, and the most important thing...

MIKE KNOWS 👀🤣

3 hours ago, PeppePark said:

Update!

Dan Mayo's files, a new tape loop, and the most important thing...

MIKE KNOWS 👀🤣

Like he knew from the beginning but wasn't sure if we're paying attention, he was sure when he fucked up with the HT20 tracks, now he's just trying to be funny about it :P MEH mr. SHAWNODA, M.E.H. 🤣

34 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

Like he knew from the beginning but wasn't sure if we're paying attention, he was sure when he fucked up with the HT20 tracks, now he's just trying to be funny about it :P MEH mr. SHAWNODA, M.E.H. 🤣

Yeah, he's been a lot more careful lately, like that time he did the personality test and he was scared to show the screen 🤣