Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2001 Setlist Discovered

hahninator

Back in the middle of summer 2001, Linkin Park was rocking on Ozzfest where they had a 30 minute set in the middle of the day playing to a bunch of metal heads. About halfway through that tour, LP stopped in Cleveland, Ohio to perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's summer concert series. The crowd was really rowdy... right in the middle of the main building (surprising spot to put the show, honestly)... and LP even included a deep cut of 'High Voltage' in the set for the show.

A twenty minute special of this performance was aired later that month (August 2001), a recording you are likely very familiar with.

However, only a few songs were included.  'With You', 'High Voltage', 'Crawling', 'In The End', 'Forgotten', and 'One Step Closer' were the only songs broadcasted along with a few clips of an interview with the band. In the background of the interview, you can hear parts of other songs, so we knew all this time that more songs had been performed. We just had no idea what the actual set was.

It isn't every day that a setlist from over 18 years ago surfaces. Thanks to the hard work by our friend Felipeintheend, he contacted the RaRHoF and got the full setlist for the show for us!

August 1, 2001
Cleveland, Ohio
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
RaRHoF 2001 Summer Concert Series

Setlist:

01. With You
02. Runaway
03. Papercut
04. Points Of Authority
05. By Myself
06. High Voltage (Remix)
07. Crawling
08. Pushing Me Away
09. In The End
10. A Place For My Head
11. Forgotten
-------------------------------------------
12. One Step Closer

Thank you to Felipe and to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for helping us add yet another piece of Linkin Park's live history to the LPLive archives!

On 11/11/2019 at 11:43 AM, sordomuda said:

This High Voltage performance was epic. I wish we had By Myself. I hate when only half of the performance is broadcasted like whats the point. 

I'd rather get some songs than no songs. Especially when it's a pro-shot recording.

About footages...

I'm pretty sure the 2012 Brazilian concert in Porto Alegre had a proshot. I was  there and i saw big profesional cameras around. 

I never got to know who was filming it, so i could try to contact them. But this footage is out there somewhere, probably in a hard drive of a broadcast company.

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

About footages...

I'm pretty sure the 2012 Brazilian concert in Porto Alegre had a proshot. I was  there and i saw big profesional cameras around. 

I never got to know who was filming it, so i could try to contact them. But this footage is out there somewhere, probably in a hard drive of a broadcast company.

Certainly that was the camera filming for the side screeners.

5 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

About footages...

LP has filmed every single concert from the ATS period to present day, like proshot of it all. They also have all the festival tapes from the shows they played. It's a genius way to archive the band for their own purposes, should they ever need any footage.

7 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

LP has filmed every single concert from the ATS period to present day, like proshot of it all. They also have all the festival tapes from the shows they played. It's a genius way to archive the band for their own purposes, should they ever need any footage.

How do we know everything was proshot?