Trust

CD Baby is a service to publish your music independently to Spotify, Apple Music, etc. As far as I know you use that kinda of service if you don't have a label or some other way of publishing your music. Definitely not something Linkin Park would do. For example pretty much every other song Mike is involved with has "KENJI KOBAYASHI MUSIC" listed as a publisher.

This is most probably "fake".

I've just written about it on shoutbox but what if this is the song from an album with some unreleased songs with Chester that the band is going to release? I think before they come back to releasing normal stuff with a new vocalist or Mike as a lead singer, they'd like to release the last album with Chester on vocals. I suppose they have a lot of stuff that they've never released and they could easily make one or two albums with Chester. Fans would love this and it'd be a great point to start something new without Chester. If this is a new song with, let's say, Mike on vocals, why Chester would be there? My theory kind of makes sense and I hope I'm right. :D

The song credits also don't have Dave on it. If I had to guess, could be a song by a independent artist which uses sample(s) from some HT track (which would "explain" the lack of Dave and presence of Chester in credits), and also the two other guys and Baby CD thing.

35 minutes ago, kiq fLP said:

The song credits also don't have Dave on it. If I had to guess, could be a song by a independent artist which uses sample(s) from some HT track (which would "explain" the lack of Dave and presence of Chester in credits), and also the two other guys and Baby CD thing.

Good point! Unfortunately, you may be right. 

6 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I wonder why it's missing or has been taken down immediately if it's fake/not real? it's must be something right? 

It wasn't taken down. It's still there.

2 hours ago, kiq fLP said:

Good point. This is probably right.

I went through CD Baby and couldn't mind either of the unknown names, and I cannot find a song that matches what we have for info. 

If this is an actual LP song, parts of it could have been written with Chester years ago, just like how some of the Post Traumatic songs were built up from leftovers on OML. I have no idea if  this is real or not, but it is something to just keep in mind.

Edited by DCrecelius

Can easily be a demo from years back very similar to WAYW. I think before the year ends we will see the song somehow. Doubt the band is going to ever release anything from the vaults again with Chester. Seems like they didn't want to do that in the 2 + years since Chester died. Maybe we will get a Greatest Hits from the band but I don’t think we will get unreleased songs with Chester.

I remember a few months ago or something I said that they should do a ‘’B-Side Album’’ like a 14 track album taking 2 unreleased complete songs from each album (they have way more than that). The Used did this years back, they released an album with a couple B-Sides from each album.

Edited by Garret

Looks like one of those situations where another artist samples an LP song or something and posts it. It isn't an LP track IMO.

Re: Old CB stuff. They want to do that, they just emotionally aren't in a spot to go through CB stuff yet. Still really destroyed emotionally as a band.

Mystery solved, it's a song that samples In the End:

A bunch of Charles Anthony Neal II's other songwriting credits on BMI correspond to other Redbird Rip songs. He's also apparently written a bunch of stuff for the band Eaglesnake.

Edited by Astat

Just now, Astat said:

Mystery solved, it's a song that samples In the End:

A bunch of Charles Anthony Neal II's other songwriting credits on BMI correspond to other Redbird Rip songs. He's also apparently written a bunch of stuff for the band Eaglesnake.

https://music.apple.com/ca/album/trust/1449743763?i=1449743777

The song was released on November 28, 2017, so the BMI thing appeared now or it was discovered now?

Edited by martinez

2 hours ago, martinez said:

https://music.apple.com/ca/album/trust/1449743763?i=1449743777

The song was released on November 28, 2017, so the BMI thing appeared now or it was discovered now?

It was definitely added to BMI very recently, BMI work numbers are chronological based on when they were added to the database.

Songwriters/their representatives can submit material to ASCAP/BMI at any time though, doesn't have to be when the song is released. I have stuff from years ago that I've just submitted to BMI within the last few months. Some of the non-album LP stuff on BMI was added years after it was released too.

11 hours ago, Astat said:

It was definitely added to BMI very recently, BMI work numbers are chronological based on when they were added to the database.

Songwriters/their representatives can submit material to ASCAP/BMI at any time though, doesn't have to be when the song is released. I have stuff from years ago that I've just submitted to BMI within the last few months. Some of the non-album LP stuff on BMI was added years after it was released too.

Well done.