[AUDIO] 2004-08-10 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion (AUD & Chester's IEM)

felipeintheend

thanks

On 5/25/2019 at 11:42 PM, felipeintheend said:

Hey there!

Today I got surprised by a friend who pointed me to a person who recorded a pretty rare and unreleased Linkin Park recording from their Projekt Revolution Tour 2004. It's not a secret that every single recording from that tour is a treasure and today I am happy to forward everyone to his YouTube channel and give a listen to this amazing recording. 

The show was recorded by two sources separately, one recorded by CPS who recorded the whole set from the audience and one recorded by jlizard, which is Chester's IEM (in ear monitor recording). jlizard mixed both of the sources and it sounds incredible

Setlist:
01. Don't Stay
02. Lying From You    
03. Papercut    
04. Points Of Authority    
05. With You
06. Runaway
07. Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down 
08. Somewhere I Belong
09. Figure.09
10. From The Inside
11. Breaking The Habit
12. Numb
13. Faint (w/ Bert McCracken)
14. In The End    
15. A Place For My Head
16. Crawling    
17. Wish
18. One Step Closer (w/ Jonathan Davis)

Show Page

Thank you to both guys for taping it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for sharing this! It's amazing!

I forgot how incredible the transition from "Figure.09" to "From the Inside" is. Damn! 

Fingers are still crossed that LP will release more DSP's someday, even if it's in the form of a compilation or especially a box set. 

Been listening to this nonstop the past couple days, such an EPIC show, PR04 is my favorite LP tour by far, my second being Summer Sanitarium and the third being tied between Ozzfest and PR07. The performance of Wish is phenomenal possibly the best. Also always loved OSC with Jonathan and Faint with Bert. And the quality of the recording is DSP level. I looked up the Mics used on the AUD source by the way. Runs a person almost $1,000

https://www.proaudiosolutions.com/product-p/gefell-m20-satin.htm

2 hours ago, xxHybridXeroxx said:

Been listening to this nonstop the past couple days, such an EPIC show, PR04 is my favorite LP tour by far, my second being Summer Sanitarium and the third being tied between Ozzfest and PR07. The performance of Wish is phenomenal possibly the best. Also always loved OSC with Jonathan and Faint with Bert. And the quality of the recording is DSP level. I looked up the Mics used on the AUD source by the way. Runs a person almost $1,000

https://www.proaudiosolutions.com/product-p/gefell-m20-satin.htm

Dude I agree with you on this except I would swap Summer Sanitarium and PR07. PR04 was absolutely legendary. Best tour the band ever did, IMO. Chester sounded on fire at every single show (if you like his screaming and raspy side especially). The guest spots were great - Bert on Faint was epic and Jonathan on OSC, you can't go wrong with that. Wish was a great cover, especially at this show, but all of them. I still think the LPU4 version from  Tampa might be the best but this one here from Bristow is for sure the 2nd best. The transition between FTI and F9 is epic too, always cool to hear, the screaming there is amazing, and it's cool they just made some random little part in between the songs like that, I wonder if they were demo lyrics to FTI or F9, the Blood, Anger, Suffering, Love, Hate, Fear thing, even though he changed it up occasionally at some shows. And of course, I love the banter from Chester on PR04, even though some find it cringe worthy, although I can see why it would be considered cringe worthy by today's standards in some ways. I agree about the quality too, I love the idea of mixing Chester's IEM and the recording together, sounds great, DSP level quality, basically. Cool info about the mics, too.

29 minutes ago, GarretLP said:

Dude I agree with you on this except I would swap Summer Sanitarium and PR07. PR04 was absolutely legendary. Best tour the band ever did, IMO. Chester sounded on fire at every single show (if you like his screaming and raspy side especially). The guest spots were great - Bert on Faint was epic and Jonathan on OSC, you can't go wrong with that. Wish was a great cover, especially at this show, but all of them. I still think the LPU4 version from  Tampa might be the best but this one here from Bristow is for sure the 2nd best. The transition between FTI and F9 is epic too, always cool to hear, the screaming there is amazing, and it's cool they just made some random little part in between the songs like that, I wonder if they were demo lyrics to FTI or F9, the Blood, Anger, Suffering, Love, Hate, Fear thing, even though he changed it up occasionally at some shows. And of course, I love the banter from Chester on PR04, even though some find it cringe worthy, although I can see why it would be considered cringe worthy by today's standards in some ways. I agree about the quality too, I love the idea of mixing Chester's IEM and the recording together, sounds great, DSP level quality, basically. Cool info about the mics, too.

Idk, PR07 is epic too, I’ve just always been a fan of the meteora era. Energy wise is just amazing. PR07 had a lot of energy too, Faint from Greenwood Village is probably my favorite performance of the song, that or Rock Am Ring 2007. Plus the random QWERTY performances on PR07 as well, Charlotte 07... Mountain View 07... to name a few, also the full Given Up scream from Selma, TX 07. Another show I love from that tour is Atlanta 07. But as far as Summer Sanitarium goes, LA 03 and San Francisco 2003 are probably the best back to back shows LP has played. Damn you might’ve sold me on PR07 now that I think about all the great performances

Curious fact: Recording IEMs are not for everyone. It's definitely a big science and most of the IEM/Wireless tapers lives in the shadows. Most never circulate their recordings. they are a selected group of tapers that never get known by the public nor the forums. 

To obtain a complete receiver for ALD/IEM/Wireless recordings costs aprox 8k to 10k. And the only way to get in touch with this small community is: You need start taping IEMs, then they will contact you eventually. 

Wish I could find some of these people. I have confirmation LP's Mansfield 2004 was recorded in ALD mode.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, xxHybridXeroxx said:

Idk, PR07 is epic too, I’ve just always been a fan of the meteora era. Energy wise is just amazing. PR07 had a lot of energy too, Faint from Greenwood Village is probably my favorite performance of the song, that or Rock Am Ring 2007. Plus the random QWERTY performances on PR07 as well, Charlotte 07... Mountain View 07... to name a few, also the full Given Up scream from Selma, TX 07. Another show I love from that tour is Atlanta 07. But as far as Summer Sanitarium goes, LA 03 and San Francisco 2003 are probably the best back to back shows LP has played. Damn you might’ve sold me on PR07 now that I think about all the great performances

I agree with you about Summer Sanitarium being one of their best tours. I agree with your list of PR04, Summer Sanitarium, Ozzfest and PR07. But for me personally, PR07 was the first time big main tour that I saw the band perform on, so it holds a special place in my heart. PR07 was just pure energy, like PR04 in most ways. Shows like Auburn 2007, omg. The whole tour, really. I loved all the bands on the tour, too. Chester coming out with Julien-K was cool, Mike coming out with S.O.B. was cool. Qwerty was epic. The sets were solid all around, IMO, especially the OSC-Faint set. Virginia Beach is amazing. That whole tour is great. Mansfield, Atlanta, Noblesville (one of the most epic), Denver, Chicago, Holmdel, so many. Honestly the entire tour.

I agree with Los Angeles and San Fran back to back on SS was epic. Wow, really amazing shows. I love San Fran so much and Los Angeles had some crazy good performances. APFMH from it, wow. Meteora was definitely the best sounding tour for the band, I'll say that.

Truth be told, I love every tour from HT, Meteora and MTM eras (except 2009 which some count MTM era but I don't as PR08 was the final tour for MTM since China was cancelled on October 2008. Mike said at the last show of PR08 that the China tour was the  very last tour  for MTM). But yeah. PR04, PR07, Summer Sanitarium and Ozzfest were definitely the absolute best even though others were amazing too.

Edited by GarretLP

10 hours ago, felipeintheend said:

Curious fact: Recording IEMs are not for everyone. It's definitely a big science and most of the IEM/Wireless tapers lives in the shadows. Most never circulate their recordings. they are a selected group of tapers that never get known by the public nor the forums. 

To obtain a complete receiver for ALD/IEM/Wireless recordings costs aprox 8k to 10k. And the only way to get in touch with this small community is: You need start taping IEMs, then they will contact you eventually. 

Wish I could find some of these people. I have confirmation LP's Mansfield 2004 was recorded in ALD mode.

I never really listened to IEM shows up until this point. I remember having ''Mike's ear piece rip'' from Toronto 2004 back when I was like 14 years old. LOL. But other than that, yeah. It's pretty cool. I think what made this Bristow recording epic was that it was mixed with the audience recording, though. Maybe if there are any other IEM rips out there from 2000-2006 or 2013-2017 (no DSP's from these years). we can do the same thing if a audience recording exists. Mansfield 2004 would be epic to have.

After listening to all PR04 recordings that we have and all Summer Sanitarium 2003 recordings that we have, I think Summer Sanitarium might just be a little better, as their best tour ever. Before I only really judged it by Live In Texas (which of course is epic) although I did hear Los Angeles and San Francisco before a few times. Now I think HybridXero was right, it is an amazing tour. A lot of good shows. Chester sounded just as good as PR04, even better on some songs. And I love P5hng. And some good banter too. 

Edited by GarretLP

3 hours ago, Hahninator said:

lol why does Mike say “let’s go Draven, kill it” on Don’t Stay? Chester took his kid on tour? Says he would have been 2.5 years old after a quick Google search. 

Wouldn’t surprise me. There are photos of Draven on stage at some Meteora era shows, especially the Meteora World Tour in Jan/Feb/March.

At my very first show that I ever went to he took Tyler out on stage who had just turned 1 like a few months prior. (Bamboozle) but he ended up falling asleep. You can hear it in the recording after WID or before it, somewhere during that part. But he took him out at several PR07 shows and PR08 shows and I think one or two from the MTM tour in Feb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...