Post Traumatic LPU Listening Parties

RogueSoul

LPU members, its your time. Mike's debut album Post Traumatic is out on June 15, and YOU have the chance to listen to it first. Mike will be hosting an LPU Listening Party on May 30th in Los Angeles.

More global listening parties will be announced within the next week. Where would you like to see one held? Some of you have participated in listening parties before and have sent in great reviews and pictures from your experiences.

LPU Members can sign up on the LPU site to be chosen to be part of the listening party. You'll be entered in a lottery and be given the chance to attend - you'll receive more details from there. Be sure to join the LPU if you haven't already, as you'll still get pre-sale access to Mike's upcoming tour dates.

Mike finished the record earlier this month, in the days just before he performed on May 12. He held the first listening party on May 23, guests including Lisa Ling, Ben Hundreds, Boonn, Frank Maddocks, and more (as per his Instagram post).

The following Listening Parties have been announced:

Grimbergen, Belgium: June 7

Hamburg, Germany: June 5

Helsinki, Finland: June 6

Los Angeles, California: May 30

Madrid, Spain: June 6

Melbourne, Australia: June 7

Mexico City, Mexico: June 7

Milan, Italy: June 7

Moscow, Russia: June 7

Selangor, Malaysia: June 8

Stockholm, Sweden: June 11

Vienna, Austria: June 4

Anyone going to try and go? Post Traumatic will be here very very soon, so be sure to pre-order it if you haven't already. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world!

Added new country: Finland, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Spain, Malaysia, and Belgium

mshnd.co/LPU

Date:

May 30th: LOS ANGELES

June 4th: AUSTRIA

June 5th: GERMANY

June 6th: FINLAND, MADRID

June 7th: AUSTRALIA, BELGIUM, MOSCOW, MILAN, MEXICO CITY

June 8th: MALAYSIA

June 11th: SWEDEN

Edited by Stranger

So that's just a signing+photos it says? Any word on a show happening?

yes and not that i'm aware of. if he's on LI on 6/18 and Camden on 6/30, maybe he'll play NYC in between??

Edited by loulax07

Apparently no reviews are "allowed" yet. Which I guess means that the attendees were asked as a favor to not post reviews, and they all listened. Lol

Damn really? Lol. It’s so close to album release and I figured they’d at least be able to just say how it sounds and stuff.

I don't get why people aren't allowed to simply discuss what they thought of the songs, etc. THP and OML both had reviews of songs out like months before the albums even dropped. Post Traumatic comes out in 10 days... Lol. Half the album is basically already out there for the world to hear. If a leak were to happen, Mike and his team would be smart to make it available for streaming ASAP to get that stream revenue because the days of the old model are over. I'm not saying it will leak anyways, OML didn't leak for like a day or two before it came out officially. I got my vinyl from Urban Outfitters like 2 days before (the day the leaks came online) so I just listened to that instead since I had the album. I wonder if that'll be the case where Post Traumatic comes in the mail a few days early since I pre-ordered it back in like March.

I don't get why people aren't allowed to simply discuss what they thought of the songs, etc. THP and OML both had reviews of songs out like months before the albums even dropped. Post Traumatic comes out in 10 days... Lol. Half the album is basically already out there for the world to hear. If a leak were to happen, Mike and his team would be smart to make it available for streaming ASAP to get that stream revenue because the days of the old model are over. I'm not saying it will leak anyways, OML didn't leak for like a day or two before it came out officially. I got my vinyl from Urban Outfitters like 2 days before (the day the leaks came online) so I just listened to that instead since I had the album. I wonder if that'll be the case where Post Traumatic comes in the mail a few days early since I pre-ordered it back in like March.

For the record, I made my statement based on a post in the shout box from a few days ago where someone asked why there were no track-by-track reviews out yet since the listening parties had started, and Dylan stated that reviews were not allowed yet. That made me remember that when Mike made the video for CAL, he asked everyone who heard the song to please not say too much about it until it was released. So yeah, I just kind of assumed it was probably a similar situation.

Anyway I also hope the album comes a little early. I ordered the Art Book Edition, so I'm definitely excited about it.

You can give your thoughts on the album as a whole but we were told no song by song reviews until June 14.

Well what the hell, it's only a small time left now, mind as well just wait for the CD pre-order to come in the mail anyways.

Well what the hell, it's only a small time left now, mind as well just wait for the CD pre-order to come in the mail anyways.

between the NYC show, the meet & greet in babylon, and what I already pre-ordered, i have like 67 copies coming to me lol

between the NYC show, the meet & greet in babylon, and what I already pre-ordered, i have like 67 copies coming to me lol

That was like me with OML. I got the super deluxe package announced in February, then the vinyl from Urban Outfitters, the regular vinyl and then got like 4 copies from tickets for the 2017 tour. Lol. I pre-ordered the M.S. CD in March and then the NYC offer too. Lol.