2017.06.09 - Brétigny-sur-Orge, France - Download Paris

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These set lists aren't going to play well at big rock festivals. Most of the people there want to hear the old, more aggressive stuff. A bunch of slow, electronic based songs don't work.

Download festival is a massive rock festival and they just played there no problem

It is disrespectful and immature to let people pay for a setlist like this.

As usual, some fans are kinda dicks towards people who genuinely enjoys different stuff from the casual live songs. It only has been, what? Not even a month since they started play live again, but you apparenly want changes already and not expect a few months until they know what sounds good and what not. But hey, keep complaining and thinking about yourself, not what others may feel respectfully.

Download festival is a massive rock festival and they just played there no problem

Well considering they just played there and got booed (because of their setlist apparently) there seems to be a problem.

They should drop New Divide forever, i mean it s basically a WID-Numb mix made for a robot movies nearly 10 years ago... there are better songs to play

Call me crazy, but I really don't care if it's a WID clone, I actually enjoy that song live.

You can't hear any booing in the OML video so it must not have been a problem.

This set is fine. Needs more aggressive stuff in my opinion but it works. I think they're going to play it 1-2 times then debut a second set. If not, that's pretty disappointing because they've toured Europe with 3 setlists with less shows than this.

Well considering they just played there and got booed (because of their setlist apparently) there seems to be a problem.

Wrong my friend was there said no booing and crowd really enjoyed it and thats from my friend who dislikes lp specially there new album and he loved the show. https://instagram.com/p/BVKTbDkhHwd/ Crowd was like this all night for lp no booing

Edited by HAARP

While I love OML and think the problem of this set is more in the order of the songs than in the songs themselves, I would never book them for festivals such as Maximus and Hellfest.

Maximus wasn't that bad, because South American fans, those who came for LP and are not so into Heavy Metal, do not get shows every year so there it did not matter. It is different in France with Hellfest. They get shows almost every year and instead of playing a damn Heavy Metal festival LP should have played a headling show.

Maximus wasn't that bad, because South American fans, those who came for LP and are not so into Heavy Metal, do not get shows every year so there it did not matter. It is different in France with Hellfest. They get shows almost every year and instead of playing a damn Heavy Metal festival LP should have played a headling show.

I don't know if you've heard about it, but I've traveled for the Brazil show and it was bad. Not because of the Linkin Park show itself (the show was great), but because Slayer fans were really brutal with Linkin Park fans. Huge assholes, physically attacking people who were there for Linkin Park. The festival received a lot of complaints.

Hellfest probably paid big money. Maybe more than a headlining show would earn. I don't know if they'll change the setlist but we will see.

Nine Inch Nails famously was booked for Sonisphere 2009 with a super heavy lineup. Trent gave zero fucks and even though they have a very heavy discography, he decided to play a super soft/slow setlist. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2009/knebworth-house-stevenage-england-6bd7be6e.html LOL Lights In The Sky > Downward Spiral > Hurt. About as quiet as it gets. It'd be funny if LP did the same, but they aren't risky enough to do that. I'd totally do In Between, In Pieces, OML, piano songs, etc.

People are going to come to see LP. Day passes were sold later after it sold out.

Wrong my friend was there said no booing and crowd really enjoyed it and thats from my friend who dislikes lp specially there new album and he loved the show. https://instagram.com/p/BVKTbDkhHwd/ Crowd was like this all night for lp no booing

Well according to an LPA user who was there there WAS booing.

EDIT: I also found a video of Crawling and in the crowd you can hear the crowd literally be split, one half cheers and the other half is booing.

Edited by rd1994

Well according to an LPA user who was there there WAS booing.

EDIT: I also found a video of Crawling and in the crowd you can hear the crowd literally be split, one half cheers and the other half is booing.

That u geki lol

I also don't get ppl like this who seem to want the band to be booed and cool u found a video of the band actually being booed post a link then

cause crawling seemed to go down fine in this vid Edited by HAARP

Can this setlist be considered the worst of their career? Half of the songs are super meh live (Catalyst, Wastelands, Invisible, New Divide, BS ...)

Especially the first part is very modest. How can a random festival goer enjoy this set?

Not even close. Putting Catalyst in as a "super meh live" song discredits anything else you wrote :P But seriously, in no way is this worse than some of the ATS sets or THP Carnivores sets. They FINALLY changed up the usual order of songs (bring Catalyst, BID, Castle way up to the front, LOATR at the end etc.), and the first part of the set DOES have a ton of energy, it's just not the usual run of "SUPER DISTORTED GUITAR" songs to kick things off.

They should play Crawling as it is on the record so they have at least one more heavy track....Otherwise...they get ripped at Hellfest for sure with this setlist.

Oh god no. Crawling studio live is horrific, and has been for a decade

It is disrespectful and immature to let people pay for a setlist like this.

Wow. Just, wow. I don't really know where to start with this comment.

Oh god no. Crawling studio live is horrific, and has been for a decade

Thats because Chester sang "Crawling in my SKAAAAAAAAAN". He sings it way better now, it would sound a lot better plus it would bring more energy to the set. In my opinion it was a cool version for the promo shows, but I'd rather see the studio version (add Krwlng intro and it will be great).

2010 had some good crawling performances in my opinion, from late 2011 and onwards it sounded bad.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend the opinion that the 2014 setlists, specifically on Carnivores Tour, were better than the current setlist. It is an absolute relief to be in an era where the setlists don't contain shortened songs everywhere, striptease versions, random rap verses here and there, instrumentals everywhere, etc. Those are miserable shows. 2015 fixed a lot of it, but not all of it. Right now we are just dealing with a barely shortened Catalyst and the LITE version is longer than the one I saw in 2014.

We are getting more full songs in this current setlist JUST from the back catalogue, excluding new songs from OML. If you hate OML, you are getting a full headlining setlist regardless. Take all the OML songs out and you're at still a longer setlist than the headlining shows in the Meteora era.

I don't know if we'll ever see Crawling back to the original version live, it seems to be very hard on his voice and I don't see them bothering to lower the key and then bring a guitar on tour just to play that song.

They should play Crawling as it is on the record so they have at least one more heavy track....Otherwise...they get ripped at Hellfest for sure with this setlist.

Yep, won't surprise me if they almost get booed off the stage at Hellfest

If Linkin Park had the Carnivores setlist they would be fine at Hellfest but now, nah.

Or Hellfest should have made them play HT in full

Not even close. Putting Catalyst in as a "super meh live" song discredits anything else you wrote :P But seriously, in no way is this worse than some of the ATS sets or THP Carnivores sets. They FINALLY changed up the usual order of songs (bring Catalyst, BID, Castle way up to the front, LOATR at the end etc.), and the first part of the set DOES have a ton of energy, it's just not the usual run of "SUPER DISTORTED GUITAR" songs to kick things off.

What?!?!?!?!?

The Hunting Party setlist was nearly perfectly. Just add in Breaking the Habit and play Castle of Glass (Studaio version) and you have basically a perfect setlist.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend the opinion that the 2014 setlists, specifically on Carnivores Tour, were better than the current setlist. It is an absolute relief to be in an era where the setlists don't contain shortened songs everywhere, striptease versions, random rap verses here and there, instrumentals everywhere, etc. Those are miserable shows. 2015 fixed a lot of it, but not all of it. Right now we are just dealing with a barely shortened Catalyst and the LITE version is longer than the one I saw in 2014.

We are getting more full songs in this current setlist JUST from the back catalogue, excluding new songs from OML. If you hate OML, you are getting a full headlining setlist regardless. Take all the OML songs out and you're at still a longer setlist than the headlining shows in the Meteora era.

Am I hipster then? Carnivores setlist was basically perfect. SO so so much more engery than the setlusts now which is what these sets are lacking and decrease the quality in my opinion. They balanced high energy and heavy songs with softer songs perfectly. They could easily do it again.I actually like OML so them playing songs from it doesn't bother me but taking out songs like Given Up and Rebellion have drastically decreased the quality of the set. And just play Crawling normally for crying out loud.

Like Linkin Park could never start a set better than this ever:

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. Points Of Authority

05. One Step Closer

06. Blackout

07. Papercut

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway

10. Wastelands

Ten straight heavy hitting bangers!

Edited by Bliss

Remember the piano version of Pushing Me Away is awesome and when it was new everyone liked it and now they do the same with Crawling and I'm fine with this version much better than the short shit in 2014 or 2015!

Like Linkin Park could never start a set better than this ever:

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. Points Of Authority

05. One Step Closer

06. Blackout

07. Papercut

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway

10. Wastelands

Ten straight heavy hitting bangers!

Probably the best beginning in recent years. They had a heavy beginning then followed by a soft/calm part and until the end they had a mix. They should have changed the medley with the new LOATR and it would be even better.

I prefer this setlist, even with the shortened songs, over the setlist right know...